Sandoru

Fun and unorthodox builds

Hi !

I'm new here and I used to play iRO a lot, I tried all classes and while they're all fun, I was always limited by gear and cards choices. Now I'm on TalonRO and I was very excited to find that with enough Talon coins, I could get any cards I wanted and a bunch of rare equipments to go with it ! You can gear yourself fully with MVP cards, it's nuts !

That opens a whole new realm of possibilities, so, thanks to the fact that you have access to an abundance of cards to make almost anything viable, I was wondering, do you guys know of interesting and unorthodox builds that are fun to play ? 😃

Autocaster builds, neat !

That's probably the most crazy you can get with how fast you are attacking combining spells and physical attacks, pretty awesome, thanks for sharing !

autocast novice.. thats fun.. :)

Battle HP.. Battle HW...

as you mentioned - with the availability of everything, you can do anything.. I like all kinds of autocast - some of it is more pain than gain, but some are really crazy fun :)

Melee Linker

• Freeing up Skill points from Esma/Estin/Estun means you get more points for Links and Eska/Eswoo so it's like a Hybrid Supporter
  • If the party has another Linker (most probably classical Esma-Bolter) you get permanent Ka-Buffs and Links for the whole party :)

9 hours ago, A・G said:

screenTalonRO153.jpg.233b851b00bfecd07b93beb0bfecfade.jpg

Just plop on an Anniversary Star Hat, or Monkey King's Helm of Riches, find a mobby place, and place down your Mandragoras while running for your life. This still works even if the Mandragoras and monsters are out of your vision range. /heh

Pet is a loyal Bandit, btw.

This is priceless haha. wanna try it but each monsters can only be stolen once. might nd to kill them fast as well.

1 hour ago, NewGuyinTown said:

This is priceless haha. wanna try it but each monsters can only be stolen once. might nd to kill them fast as well.

Yeah. I was hoping you can steal from the monsters again once they transform, but I guess it can't be helped. /desp

I've had some pretty sweet ones in my past here.  2650 matk (without gospel or mindbreak) vanilla HW with immunity to all status (except maybe one). This was about a quarter billion zeny build.  Since I no longer play woe, I do not own that gear set anymore.  Outside of vanilla woe i have two sets of gears for this hw.  One being a 175int build using dex stats, the other the infamous beezle IC build with 1 dex.  I love the 1 dex HW as it sits on 16k hp and has near 60def.  BUT, for inside of thors I use the dex build with 175int as it allows me to freely use the SOP giving me a 40% magic defense bypass.  Kasas are down by the 5th hit of a single SG with the INT build.  

My prof with 100 pd, 190aspd (1 agi), near IC (1 dex), near max crit rate, and near 20khp, maxed base int.  Someone saw me rolling around with this build years back, and ever since its has been attempted to be replicated by others.  Never did get my hands on the sqi book which was going to complete my 100% crit build.  With that book I would have averaged 1k crit per hit physically, without that book i was averaging around 400-500 per hit.....this does not include the screaming lvl 10 bolts being thrown at the monster heh.  I used kaahi and the lvl 10 auto bolt buff, endos, the ws aspd buff, plus i think the creator berzerk throw pot skill.  When going balls out, I use everything available in my builds aside from consumables outside of basic foods lvl 1-10 ( i do not have experience with the cocktails that provide buffs from New World questing or anything newer).  BUT it may be possible I relied on a PD cocktail of some sort from the New World quests to make this work, its just been way too long for me to remember all the exact details.  I say this b/c I have some in my storage.

Luckily I have not given out the gears list to the prof as I didnt want this troll build replicated or nerfed as some of my previous ones (2m hit on valk mvp with champ back in the day, hehe).  I got rid of the prof gears and build for fear of seeing it everywhere.  This build was like 7yrs back when kaahi lasted 30min.  

Still rocking my 210str ws capable of 100k dps on beezle.  Rocks a slotted lvl 9 IP and of course the giganto axe with thanatos (sqi axe is useless for a mvp build).  

In my opinion, players from low rate official servers have a better idea of how to take advantage of all the great gears/cards available to you.  Most of what I did was put together my dream builds of which was unattainable in previous servers due to lack of mvp cards and gears only found here.  But given the new parameters here I am sure someone who was born n raised in this server could come up with a build not otherwise thought of.  I do not want to discourage anyone from trying anything new.  By all means, HAVE AT IT!  That's what the skill/restat npc is there for.  :)  

• Love 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.