Jump to content
Reyzen

Do % chance skill cards stack said percentage?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey, some of you might remember me, and some of you might not, matters not really.

I haven't played tRO in a long time, but I'd like to get back into it, but for that I need a little something. Something that's not normal. Hence I came up with Idea of stacking 3 injustice cards into +10 Katana [4] and one doppelganger card on top of it, but I don't know if they stack, so I want to ask, do they stack up the chance? Or they are independent chances or is it worst case scenario, that 2 of cards will be just taking up slots for nothing.  If they are independent, is there a chance of multiple sonic blows going off at once?

I want to make a fun build, that I could enjoy playing, because as it stands now, all classes are boring. So I thought if all of them are boring, then maybe I could create something fun? But since Doppel is expensive I would like to clear things out beforehand. Otherwise I might end up wasting one of the strongest and most fun cards in the game.

 

So To sum up....

Class: Lord Knight

Head top: Kaho

Head mid:~~

Head low:~~

Weapon: Violet Fear [2]+Baphomet Card+Sniper Card

Shield:NA

Armor:~~

Garment:~~

Foot:~~

Accessory 1:Bradium Ring [1]+ High Priest Card

Accessory 2:~~

charsim.gif

Help me fill all those slots and card slots :)

Edited by Reyzen
build update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi @Reyzen, procs don't stack up, they are calculated separately. and yes there might be a chance of multiple sonic blows at once if chance calls for it. 

try putting baphomet so that when you have a massive lured mob, the proc chance is amplified. /no1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ghaspar said:

hi @Reyzen, procs don't stack up, they are calculated separately. and yes there might be a chance of multiple sonic blows at once if chance calls for it. 

try putting baphomet so that when you have a massive lured mob, the proc chance is amplified. /no1

won't it sonic blow only the one I'm attacking? If I remember correctly procs don't go on non-clicked targets, like Bapho splash

And considering that when Sonic blow procs it stops the aa, having a huge crowd of mobs around might not be the smartest idea.

Edited by Reyzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They each have independent chances of proccing.  3 cards at 5% chance each would have essentially a 14.26% chance of occurring.  I seem to remember only one sonic blow can go off at one time, but it's been a while since I've played with injustice cards so I'm not positive...  You'll want to consider doing this carefully, as injustice card only allows you to cast Level 1 Sonic Blow.  There's a chance the Sonic Blow procs can actually decrease your DPS as they prevent you from using regular attacks or getting crits while it is "casting".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bandiger said:

They each have independent chances of proccing.  3 cards at 5% chance each would have essentially a 14.26% chance of occurring.  I seem to remember only one sonic blow can go off at one time, but it's been a while since I've played with injustice cards so I'm not positive...  You'll want to consider doing this carefully, as injustice card only allows you to cast Level 1 Sonic Blow.  There's a chance the Sonic Blow procs can actually decrease your DPS as they prevent you from using regular attacks or getting crits while it is "casting".

Maybe there are some other proc cards that scale with ATK, but doesn't stop basic attacks and don't knock enemies away. My plan was to make a swordsman that'll have a bunch of ATK and an OK ASPD to proc the thing, after i've seen what you said, I kind of don't want to risk it if you know what I mean. Maybe there are cards that can proc Magnum break?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Reyzen said:

Maybe there are some other proc cards that scale with ATK, but doesn't stop basic attacks and don't knock enemies away. My plan was to make a swordsman that'll have a bunch of ATK and an OK ASPD to proc the thing, after i've seen what you said, I kind of don't want to risk it if you know what I mean. Maybe there are cards that can proc Magnum break?

Sadly autocast Magnum Break was part of Turtle General Card, but that affect has been removed on this server.

https://wiki.talonro.com/Card_Groupings

This wiki should help you find all of the autocast skills you can get from cards and how they proc/what their chances are.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Reyzen said:

won't it sonic blow only the one I'm attacking? If I remember correctly procs don't go on non-clicked targets, like Bapho splash

And considering that when Sonic blow procs it stops the aa, having a huge crowd of mobs around might not be the smartest idea.

i see what you mean. if this is the case then i see the sonic blow proc a hindrance to maximizing amount of kills due to its 1on1 battle preference.

however, since your goal is to simply have fun test-building, it would be nice to see it coming to its fruition.

Edited by Ghaspar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghaspar said:

i see what you mean. if this is the case then i see the sonic blow proc a hindrance to maximizing amount of kills due to its 1on1 battle preference.

however, since your goal is to simply have fun test-building, it would be nice to see it coming to its fruition.

that's the purpose of this, first the theorybuilding then on to practical use.

My goal is to make a fun, basic attack monster that utilizes procs and could survive most encounters. That said I don't mind having a bapho+something like meteor storm proc, that's also aoe, but the problem with spells in this kind of build i have no idea how to allocate stats for it. Cause I want to have a decently high ASPD and ATK, but if there are spell procs I need to get some into INT and that's where it all starts to crumble in my eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, a zerk LK, as i am aware of, does not need a doppel to get 190aspd and Violet Fear gives you that Meteor Storm and Frost Nova procs. You can also try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghaspar said:

well, a zerk LK, as i am aware of, does not need a doppel to get 190aspd and Violet Fear gives you that Meteor Storm and Frost Nova procs. You can also try that.

But how do I get the INT for spell proc damage, cause with 1 INT they won't do much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Reyzen said:

But how do I get the INT for spell proc damage, cause with 1 INT they won't do much.

with the elimination of agi requirement of Zerk LK you can dedicate the stat points to int instead. Add to it a Lord Kaho's Horn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghaspar said:

with the elimination of agi requirement of Zerk LK you can dedicate the stat points to int instead. Add to it a Lord Kaho's Horn. 

I do get that maybe that way I could slam a Bapho and a Sniper cards into it, but how do I set up my defences up then.... I think I need an example setup, what armors and accesories with cards. Otherwise I don't think I know how to. Also considering the type of build, I have no idea which place would be the best to farm with that kind of setup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ghaspar said:

hi @Reyzen, procs don't stack up, they are calculated separately. and yes there might be a chance of multiple sonic blows at once if chance calls for it. 

try putting baphomet so that when you have a massive lured mob, the proc chance is amplified. /no1

Just to give a confirmation on this, the splash do not work with auto-casts. For example, a Rogue with Snatcher will not be able to Steal from the monsters that receive the splash damage. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GM Radius said:

Just to give a confirmation on this, the splash do not work with auto-casts. For example, a Rogue with Snatcher will not be able to Steal from the monsters that receive the splash damage. :)

Violet Fear [2] with Bapho and Sniper card. The proc is AOE and multiple enemies would increase the proc chance. It would be one proc, still. But it's an AOE, It procs on the enemy that is being attacked.

E: I wasn't intending to make a snatcher build anyway, why did you assume I was?

Edited by Reyzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Reyzen said:

Violet Fear [2] with Bapho and Sniper card. The proc is AOE and multiple enemies would increase the proc chance. It would be one proc, still. But it's an AOE, It procs on the enemy that is being attacked.

E: I wasn't intending to make a snatcher build anyway, why did you assume I was?

He meant that splash attacks will not trigger anything that makes your character auto-cast a skill on a target monster and just used Snatcher as an example. He might as well use Auto-cast Holy Cross as an example or even the first one (auto-cast Sonic Blow) and the point would remain the same.

And no, Sniper card on splash attacks have an independent proc on each and every affected monster within the AoE. Given Sniper card's proc chance, t's not "100% chance of lifesteal against 10 mobs" but "10% chance to lifesteal for each of the 10 monsters".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, My Wife for Hire said:

He meant that splash attacks will not trigger anything that makes your character auto-cast a skill on a target monster and just used Snatcher as an example. He might as well use Auto-cast Holy Cross as an example or even the first one (auto-cast Sonic Blow) and the point would remain the same.

And no, Sniper card on splash attacks have an independent proc on each and every affected monster within the AoE. Given Sniper card's proc chance, t's not "100% chance of lifesteal against 10 mobs" but "10% chance to lifesteal for each of the 10 monsters".

So sniper is even better than I originally thought? I thought it's like any other proc card, meaning it can affect only the target, and not the splash targets. Damn, that's nice to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reyzen said:

Violet Fear [2] with Bapho and Sniper card. The proc is AOE and multiple enemies would increase the proc chance. It would be one proc, still. But it's an AOE, It procs on the enemy that is being attacked.

E: I wasn't intending to make a snatcher build anyway, why did you assume I was?

The life steal is not a skill, therefore works with the splash. Meteor Storm and Frost Nova however, do not proc by splash damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GM Radius said:

The life steal is not a skill, therefore works with the splash. Meteor Storm and Frost Nova however, do not proc by splash damage.

But they are aoe, therefore they work with splash nicely.(though I'm curious if sniper card can proc from MS or FN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reyzen said:

But they are aoe, therefore they work with splash nicely.(though I'm curious if sniper card can proc from MS or FN)

im leaning more to no, sniper card works on physical skills, but i doubt if it will work on magic skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which zones would benefit from both all violet fear procs, and what armor would be the most effective in there.(though do consider that this character will be fighting huge packs of enemies at once, thus zone needs to be so we can actually tank that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any ideas? since my tRO experience can be summed up to sleepers, mavkas, and GHC/GHP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thinks this build is inefficient, it mixes 2 types of build, auto cast and vamp. You won't be able to vamp that much HP if your skills damages the monsters.

Also with your low attack damage(for pouring stats to int) and with one Sniper card gaining HP would be hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U can try violet fear carded with bapho and queen scaraba .

As for armor, it depends on where u go .

Accesory - bradium ring carded with high priest card is quite nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×