Sign in to follow this  
Reignbeaux

Drobe+Duo Expert Rings?

Hi Folks!

I have a quick question for you! I am close to earn my first SQI on TRo which will probably be a clean Staff of Magi. For that I have a question regarding Aftercast Delay. I know about the Staff Swaps and such. But before I get a SOM I want to know if its worth to go for a drobe, 2 experts and a high-as-much-dts.

With a +7 DTS and a certain lower head I would reach 30% Aftercast, which is perma Bragi on myself, no Doppel tho and I really like the Idea of spamming JT. I somewhere read that it also helps with Bolts and Soul Strike (lol spells). Due to lacks of testing capabilities, is an ACD Build useful or does Doppel provide more dps with shortening animations? Or just something for Bolt Profs? Optimum I'd see here would be a Triple Doppel Staff of Magi, a Drobe (with or without enchants) and 2 Experts with Sting. Id lose 2 Celebs but it might be more fun to have less "downtime", especially with a salamander hood and Meteor Spam :D

What do you think?

Edited by Reignbeaux

if you enjoy having both, i suggest u bring gears for both,

-->but only in a non-inventory heavy situation though. if you need to have lots of white pots, just having magi would be ideal enough imo.

PS: JT is fun.... for pvp and killing non boss mobs... hue

• No1 1

and fyi doppel (attack speed) does reduce the animation of JT, thats why most magi are equiped with it

Don't really like that idea of loosing so much Int and Dex... For JT spam you need aspd not aftercast reduction (dunno why Lozaky said JT spam only for pvp or non boss mobs - works perfectly in pve, on mvp and bosses for me) cus there animation delay. MS is a bad dps skill in pve (even with salamander card) so idk, only pvp usage?

Also I don't like idea about very expensive di robes (prices raises over 230m atm for clean) but if you rich and can throw money it's ok I guess.

JT can kill boss monster too, but the fun part is gone cuz they dont get knocked back :( if u get what i mean.....

Yeah, those robes are damn expensive. As for Dex, I opt for Som and 3x5 Dex which gives 20, Id reach IC with Kaho and one Sting somewhere :D

I would do some counting :D and afterwards, I would not go for this..

it is not going to help much with JT spam - as mentioned before, thats about aspd (and your ping), so it is more for other spells - most likely SG, since other common spells dont really have crazy acd..

I try to aim for 1 skill KO and this setup will have less dmg, due to missing int from acc...

even if I could spam SG, the dmg will be lower, so here comes the math, to see if total killing time will be different (if the speed makes up for the dmg) - I am not so sure here, I would say, that it does not..

I am not sure, how is dts switching accounted for - if ACD is calculated in the instant of casting the spell (SoM on, no acd redux) or after the last hit (DTS on, acd redux applies)

30% acd redux is not "bragi" - bragi is 50%

5 stat points here and there can be achieved by foods, but this can also be used with other setups, further boosting the dmg...

so yeah, do some counting, see where you go most of the time and if this ACD redux is going to help you with anything on these spots.. for me, higher int will be more usefull... :)

Edited by howrah

Meteor storm is to unreliable for spam unless you are targetting a large area of earth mobs. And even then it's not really that great without the unnerfed bragi. Also storm gust outdps fire bolt on all earth property bosses unless you have imp carded expert rings and go full with your acd reduction build.

14 hours ago, ~Lozaki~ said:

JT can kill boss monster too, but the fun part is gone cuz they dont get knocked back :( if u get what i mean.....

Oh ic, and I trained myself to use walls for it (location walls as well as IW) to stuck mobs near - my party snipers love that way for less traps using and don't love when another wizards throw mobs so far away )

13 hours ago, Reignbeaux said:

Yeah, those robes are damn expensive. As for Dex, I opt for Som and 3x5 Dex which gives 20, Id reach IC with Kaho and one Sting somewhere :D

You still lose huge amount of stats and damage. As elijahsp said for good MS you need something like Gold Scaraba hole but still SG easily can compare there.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:16 AM, howrah said:

30% acd redux is not "bragi" - bragi is 50%

Sorry to mention a thing in a post this old, but you would seem to be remembering good Bragi, not Talon's Bragi.

https://talonro.com/server-information/

Unless that link is wrong, 30% applies.

Would like to point out, max level musical lesson adds another 20% acd, every 10 total int adds another 2% acd. As long as, they only modify the bragi skill alone.

Edited by kolela