Sign in to follow this  
White Gold

The Clown 2018; Time For A Revisit

No need to discuss, the nerf was final. 

Unless all SQI get nerfed to a whole new level, (like Arty bow base attack becomes 110 or something) and all the other SQI get a small nerf on the dmg.  

bargi cant be re-visited, and most likely not going to either.

So because of a custom element added to the game, the original mechanics of said game cannot be revisited at all? That doesn't seem right.

From the TalonRO Website 

"When Poem of Bragi was introduced, there were no such things as gears which grant aftercast delay reductions, such as Sniping Suits and Expert Rings. Together with the ability to reach 150 DEX or 190 ASPD with ease"

It doesn't discuss custom SQI items dealing "too much damage." 

I do understand that controlling over damage is important but, the nerf nullifies the skills use.

Didn't know the nerf was final, as I've seen other topics brought up saying they would give it a fair review. 

Regardless, thanks for your input! 

if anything could be done to make clown alive again, i would gladly vote for it. but i dont see that happening any time... just saying... so its a waste of time and effort re-visiting it.

As I understand it, Bragi Nerf is not going to be revisited.

It was a goof, like jumping from a plane without a parachute and landing on your head, and it was a final goof, much in the same vein if rez is not a thing in that setting.

*shrugs*

EDIT: Iduna makes the statement that this will not be revisited false, thankfully;

I'll make a fresh post in this thread just linking that, in case anyone is subscribed to this thread but hasn't seen the news.

Edited by Phanman

A week before the nerf. I made my first SQI = Electric Guitar. That was a really sad day for me when the skill was reworked. Broke the gear and went on hiatus until I could accept the fact that the class is unwanted in any kind of PvM activity.

To be honest, the current meta won't be welcoming to Bragi even if the damage reduction was removed. As the meta switched to DS Snipers as the main DPS source. Most snipers have switched to Dex gears rather than crit gears. So bringing back the old bragi won't do much.

I for one loved bragi + Sharpshoot, it gave the possibility of small party runs with 1 Hp 1 Champ 1 Pally 1 HW 1 Sniper 1 Bio and 1 Clown.

Its quite hard to change the community's view of the class nowadays. They see it as a debuff since most snipers adapted to the change in meta, 100+ crit snipers aren't popular anymore since getting Max DS damage brings the base damage of Sharpshoot up as well and usually there's like atleast 3 snipers spamming SS thus killing the need for a bragi.

The only hope is the incoming SQI Revamp, hoping that other classes would be viable as DPS like SBK SinX's or Spiral Piercing LKs on ET/GMC would probably bring clowns back to the meta.

Posted (edited)

I was kicked form iRO, then I came to TalonRO To create a CLOWN.  I heard about the problem with bragi but only realized when I was a clown with lots of donations to the server (the reason i didnt left atm.

I tried to improve my clown and hes good, but compared to the other classes, they're GarBAGE. Got my electric guitar, but it's not effective to PVM, since theres a meta called Sniper. But also itsnt great at pvp, since the damage its good but not enough to kill the meta on pvp (synx, pally, champ). Some people on this server disagree, saying clown has decent damage, bragi isnt that bad, but at the end of the day, they play  their snipers.

I've spoken with GM's and heard about SQI revamp and I'm anxious about that, but both (GM Seiren, Boreas and Azul) said THERE's NO INTENTION TO CHANGE ANYTHING ON BRAGIs NERF. I've suggested things like damage increase and armor penetration (since theese skills has 0 penetraiton, the damage reduction its very high), but I'm just a casual player to know what its the real goodie to its class. Players can say anything else, like damage its good, but I know itsnt a real true. 

Finally I've moved on to another class, and I realized how clowns deserve a real buff since they are the MOST prejudiced class on this server. They are good and beeing good in nothing.

..Got a stalker, level 99 with sherwood... very nice.. I dont like to be a sniper only because its the rule to go to GMC, but unfortunately i never had the oportunity to go there, since they require aways the same meta. 

TalonRO its limiting our choices when DPS means damage per sniper...

2d904542e6df9bc6df86dd5df3c6eaea.gif

Best Regards

Edited by heresnatan
  • Heh 1
  • Love 2
  • No1 1

I have a big hope for the oncoming sqi revamp, since its starting to get boring, the most useful class is limited to certain job class as of now.

I know that asking for gtb is forbidden here, but, this is pretty much killing magic class to the core, its better to make the gtb resist 85%-90%, at least magic can still hit, making the magic based class playable at least.(pvm - magic immunity is fine, pvp - 85%resist, dont forget mdef stacking is real here and our high wizzard card is kinda lame here).

About ice pick and thanatos, no comment here, if you guys wanna consider pvp / woe here, we gotta work on somethin here, but if you guys insist on pvm, there you go, its fine as it is.

The rest of the job class "might be" useful enough if we are willing to do multi clienting buff like crazy or find some party to do that (this is rare).

Lets just hope for the best, tryin to put my faith on the gm's work here.

Ps: sry, i know this thread is about clown, but i want to see talon ro full of various class, meaning more clown, extended class , etc.

Edited by MawanMeabeab
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MawanMeabeab said:

I know that asking for gtb is forbidden here, but, this is pretty much killing magic class to the core, its better to make the gtb resist 85%-90%, at least magic can still hit, making the magic based class playable at least.(pvm - magic immunity is fine, pvp - 85%resist, dont forget mdef stacking is real here and our high wizzard card is kinda lame here).

This has been discussed so often. Just search for it. GTB is not destroying anything. Anyway, not part of this topic.

15 hours ago, MawanMeabeab said:

I have a big hope for the oncoming sqi revamp, since its starting to get boring, the most useful class is limited to certain job class as of now.

About ice pick and thanatos, no comment here, if you guys wanna consider pvp / woe here, we gotta work on somethin here, but if you guys insist on pvm, there you go, its fine as it is.

The rest of the job class "might be" useful enough if we are willing to do multi clienting buff like crazy or find some party to do that (this is rare).

Lets just hope for the best, tryin to put my faith on the gm's work here.

Ps: sry, i know this thread is about clown, but i want to see talon ro full of various class, meaning more clown, extended class , etc.

Magic classes are extremely useful for party play in pvp. Switching to GTB for instance against melee classes like a WS or a sinx would not be a wise move. 

An example of how great a wizard can be in party play would be if they partnered up let’s say with a SB wind endowed edp sinx. 

• Fsh 1