Lumeya

Community has become very stale and lazy.

last time I was in Tower Clock hunting phenomenas, 

I've asked for help to have loots, she said she was just killing random. 

She stays for 5 min killing randoms and no collected any item to me.

15 hours ago, heresnatan said:

last time I was in Tower Clock hunting phenomenas, 

I've asked for help to have loots, she said she was just killing random. 

She stays for 5 min killing randoms and no collected any item to me.

Who exactly are you referring to? someone who decided to help you? I think this is more of a complaint, rather than a discussion point. Unfortunately, people tend to come and go very quickly if they're not REALLY interested in helping. You also have to consider their availability. I've had to do something like this on several occassions, because it was late for me and I wasn't paying attention. I hope someone finds the time to stick around longer next time.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:38 PM, Shendel said:

You gotta have a lot of free time on your hands to actually play this game for more than an hour a day.

Some are lucky enough to have that time, some are stuck with it without choice. Different parts of the world breed different societies :D

I have been playing here for a couple of months now and met a lot of kind and helpful players. Felt welcomed from the start, however, I knew the basics already as I played RO way back in the past. 

As you guys already said, this game simply doesnt offer an easy start for new players and a guide that is explaining the mechanics in depth. The Eden Group is super helpful, though. TalonRO is anyway already special due to in-game and CP featueres and the wiki. But in game we never know for new players if they are new to the game or just new on the server. It’s a pity that we do not have a place where you can go and ask for help/party/etc. led by users and not NPCs, encouraged by small rewards for instance. The Eden Group quarter could be such a spot.

But I also think that most of the new players know the game and are just looking for the right server. Besides a couple of features, probably the amount of active users is the main argument. And here I am a little worried since the amount has been decreasing lately. Does anybody know what happend? E.g. a big guild left?

I would also love to see some statistics in the CP to understand the amount of active master accounts, split by vendors, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Shiek said:

And here I am a little worried since the amount has been decreasing lately. Does anybody know what happend? E.g. a big guild left?

Christmas, New Year, news games being released, etc. Been there, seen it before.

13 minutes ago, Shiek said:

I would also love to see some statistics in the CP to understand the amount of active master accounts, split by vendors, etc. 

What for? People come, people go. It's hard to measure "active master accounts" anyway.

Absolutely agree, the holidays have definitely an impact and certainly the 4th quarter is always heavy in terms of game releases. 

You guys have an amazing experience after 12 years. This is also one of the reasons why I am here. You have seen this before, I understand, just sharing my personal concerns. I like TalonRO and would love to see the community growing instead. 

For the statistics. I am just a number-driven person. Just my own interest. There would be so much stuff I would like to know better (price fluctuations, accounts created, ...)

And I am even more curious about the upcoming updates. The December news were already pretty promising. When can we expect more? xD

Posted (edited)

I think one of

10 hours ago, Shiek said:

But I also think that most of the new players know the game and are just looking for the right server.

I think one of the most common first questions new players ask when starting has to be "how do we autoloot?" and players are getting turned off when it's not there.

a good solution could be changing @autoloot to show some explanation instead of command not found

Untitled.png.4be02367b2d683adff537c742b45bbe8.png

make them aware that command is easily abused and that drops can be picked up in one click.

Edited by Robby Attila

it's bound to happen i guess... most of the players played RO for nostalgia, and those people (including me) are being taken away by irl over time...

another reason is the stand of the server with regards to overall RO gameplay, most of the RO players ive encountered are into woe/pvp, and is thus discouraged by how dead woe is in TalonRO... the BG update was a great one, but sadly the fire lasted for only a few months, and did not encourage those people who switched servers to jump back in again...

/shrug 

Weird, when I talk to some admins of the other big servers they usually complain to me that woe is quite dead these days. I wonder where those players are which you are taking about. Rofl

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.