GM Howl

Halloween | Melodia Haunted Festival

We'd love to hear everyone's feedback on the event.

What do you like, what do you dislike (ello bound costumes), what do you think can be improved?

Thanks!

• Fsh 2
  • No1 3

Zombie Run so far, seems as deserted at last year.

Maybe putting it in closer proximity to a more popular Town Game, people would casually join more often, once the other game just started.

• Like 1

I think it would be nice if red tickets were acc bound rather than character bound, in case anyone wants to use different characters for the event.

Also, blackjack 24/7 for all the gamblers nojk. 😂 Zombie run is fun, but it's really discouraging to play when it's so hard to actually get tickets from it. Maybe make it so you get at least 1 ticket for reaching the medic each time, to encourage people to actually play.

• Love 1

I agree to the 24/7 black jack XD that was so fun!!! Ive been noticing theres alot of crashing in the academy for the dungeon quest. T_T but overall the minigames are so fun!!! (im also kinda sad that ive had like more than 3+++ crashes during black jack..which resets my win when I Dc hence ive lost like 9 TICKETS as it crashes after i win. It really hurts)

I even dont get tix's when i win GTN...so sometimes it is frustrating especially I CRASH alot.

Edited by K i s m e t

Make BJ more frequent and shorter cooldown please. 
We have no room for hunts monster that will drop TOT like last time, we need more BJ for this =[ 

There's some bugs on the first quest for Sorin. The ants disappears and we are stuck with the message box and couldn't move. Had to relog to get rid of it.

Zombie run is meh since getting tickets are hard.

Halloween challenge is fun too.

20 hours ago, gendchin9292 said:

Make BJ more frequent and shorter cooldown please. 
We have no room for hunts monster that will drop TOT like last time, we need more BJ for this =[ 

2 years ago, BJ can be played 24/7 and there were no Guess-the-number minigame. Last year, there were changes like the limit of playing BJ. Alternate BJ and Guess-the-number. Not sure if the cooldown this year is shorter or the same as last year. Maybe the reason for the cooldown is to stop the auto-followers(afk) players but that's just only what I think.

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua

Make a room for hidden seeker i saw alot winner is range type make a room that player will naked and no skill so it would be fair to all player. Also about devil's claw map need to be clean so the random trap are easy to hit player there is a spot that rarely been hit.

I have a question.. are SQI items available from a Trick or Treat Box?

15 hours ago, Avar said:

I have a question.. are SQI items available from a Trick or Treat Box?

Ingredients, yes but the SQI Armors, Acce, Weapons. No. Cannot be obtained in TOT(Trick or Treat) Bags

1 hour ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

Ingredients, yes but the SQI Armors, Acce, Weapons. No. Cannot be obtained in TOT(Trick or Treat) Bags

Great! thanks. 

When claiming the costume raffle it mentions the costume being redeemable in all accounts from vending machine in lutie. Since you are able to claim last years costumes would that mean you can also claim those throughout all your accounts via lutie. If so should it be already implemented if you have those costumes from farming last year  you can unlock it in the vending machine rather than having to get them again this year.

• Like 2

Maybe implement some sorta warper at each of the major locations that lets you warp to other major locations? Or at least close to the ferryman (top right) or academy (bottom left) where you spawn. It was much better - location wise last year where the spawn point was positioned in the centre of everything with a warper. This year you have to walk a considerable distance every time you warp in.

Edited by Yuren

I'm loving Blackjack and Guess the number.

Kill the special poring is nice too!

I see that you guys put a lot of effort on the event, and i really appreciate it.

I don't know if it's just me, but the main quest (When i chose my faction) doesn't give any hints or even a quest log. It only says that i needed to kill 3 monsters in a cave and that's it. No idea what to do now with it lol

Edited by Angelogomo

I'd like to see some more consistent non-frustrating ways to leisurely grind out the rewards that are account-bound and random chance. It's incredibly irritating putting time into minigames where you don't get anything unless you win, which is also random, or get so little progress towards something that isn't even guaranteed despite taking such active focus for hours. It just doesn't make sense for a game to feel so punishing, especially when the rewards are just fun cosmetics.

I used to enjoy the vanilla dungeon as my way around not liking relying on the minigames at least, but it seems like each year the mobs get more insufferable. This year they move so fast and spam ranged attacks and multiple-hitting magic. It's a huge pain unlike anywhere else in the game. The ticket grind to me is just... So far, not fun at all this year to the degree I'm abstaining. Maybe if the maze opens up and I can do that consistently that'll be my savior. I did like that last year and it actually had a fair and satisfying reward, though nowadays it's hard for me to keep my hopes up it's stayed the same.

I dig the town and the writing for the new npcs though.

• Like 1
  • No1 1
  • Sob 1

Thank you all so far for the great feedback! It's all influential for designing future events and updates to said events to bring you all the best and most refined experience. Definitely keep your thoughts coming. :)

15 hours ago, K i s m e t said:

I agree to the 24/7 black jack XD that was so fun!!! Ive been noticing theres alot of crashing in the academy for the dungeon quest. T_T but overall the minigames are so fun!!!

Oh? If possible, could you please elaborate on that crashing part a bit? Is it taking place in the Academy Dungeon? The Instance Dungeon? Both? Are you able to consistently reproduce the problem doing something or encountering something specific while inside these places? Is the crashing completely random otherwise? This would help us pinpoint the potential issue. Thanks! :)

• Like 2

Personally, I don't like being restricted on what there's available for me to do. Like, solo minigames - I can understand, at least. But anything that requires more people, I wish it was more available, same with farming. In the past, the farming maps, minigames were always open, for anyone who wanted to focus on one thing or the other. Now it's kinda you following someone else's schedule, instead of your own.

So far, the thing I enjoyed the most was the main quest, however frustrating it was, at times. I loved that the event flagman headgears are back, just wish those really weren't account bound (kek). Easter eggs were awesome too.

• Like 1
  • Sob 4

About the Pitch Dark Evil Druid Hat. Let's say I want to refine it to +5 - +10 will it break? and if ever it breaks how to get it back? Do I need to repeat the quest? or just sit beside any House leader and Cry (telling yourself, "Why the Hell did I do that"). And I wanted to know how many chances are there in getting exclusive costumes, 5%? 10%?.

57 minutes ago, Restless said:

Personally, I don't like being restricted on what there's available for me to do. Like, solo minigames - I can understand, at least. But anything that requires more people, I wish it was more available, same with farming. In the past, the farming maps, minigames were always open, for anyone who wanted to focus on one thing or the other. Now it's kinda you following someone else's schedule, instead of your own.

So far, the thing I enjoyed the most was the main quest, however frustrating it was, at times. I loved that the event flagman headgears are back, just wish those really weren't account bound (kek). Easter eggs were awesome too.

People were abusing the hell out of the event previously when everything was open at the same time. That is the sole reason it works the way it does now.

• No1 1

9 minutes ago, GM Seiren said:

People were abusing the hell out of the event previously when everything was open at the same time. That is the sole reason it works the way it does now.

What is understood by abusing? Were there bugs that people exploited, or just there was preference for one thing over the other? Is letting things be available for short times is the only/best way to prevent that?

• Sob 1

remove the script where if warp to melodia academy peco got remove. knowing that it is remove because of the town games. so that it won't be a hassle going to melodia academy from prontera.

• No1 1

29 minutes ago, Restless said:

What is understood by abusing? Were there bugs that people exploited, or just there was preference for one thing over the other? Is letting things be available for short times is the only/best way to prevent that?

This should have been resolved if theres a diff kind of ticket / coin purely for obtaining cosmetics for the grinding maps. Like theres no way for us to obtain ToT which is fine bec main focus is getting those ACCOUNT BOUND COSTUMES.

If we only have that I dont see any abuse of just obtaining an ACCOUNT BOUND COSTUME.

• No1 1