Sign in to follow this  
GM Howl

Halloween | Melodia Haunted Festival

I hope there would be an Evil Potion/or Evil Scroll that will turn me to a horrifying creature for just 20mins after Killing Night King. I think it would be awesome if I be the next vessel of the Night King LOL. I saw some npc talking about "Evil Hearts" I wonder what it does. The event is balance and superb!

Edited by papaCrodz

1 hour ago, papaCrodz said:

About the Pitch Dark Evil Druid Hat. Let's say I want to refine it to +5 - +10 will it break? and if ever it breaks how to get it back? Do I need to repeat the quest? or just sit beside any House leader and Cry (telling yourself, "Why the Hell did I do that"). And I wanted to know how many chances are there in getting exclusive costumes, 5%? 10%?.

The final boss in the Halloween Instance that you unlock after completing all of the main quest has a high chance at dropping another Pitch Dark Evil Druid Hat. :)

10 minutes ago, papaCrodz said:

I hope there would be an Evil Potion/or Evil Scroll that will turn me to a horrifying creature for just 20mins after Killing Night King. I think it would be awesome if I be the next vessel of the Night King LOL. I saw some npc talking about "Evil Hearts" I wonder what it does. The event is balance and superb!

That sounds like a very fun idea actually! As for the Evil Hearts, it is indeed a secret. Just be sure to explore Melodia and find and talk to as many NPCs that you can find. :)

Couple of updates:

• Blackjack and GTN now give 2~4 Red Tickets instead of 2~3.
  • Halloween Challenge now gives up to 1 more Red Tickets upon completion.
  • Chests in MVP Defense now spawn more often and drop considerably more Red Tickets, at a higher chance.
  • Added various reminders on what the teams consist of in MVP Defense.
  • Changed Team Azviar costume on MVP Defense to better distinguish the teams.
  • Coffins in Zombie Run now always gives 1~4 Red Tickets rather than getting 1~4 at a 50% chance.
  • Like 1
  • Fsh 1
  • No1 1

17 minutes ago, papaCrodz said:

about the evil hearts.. I think the droprate is pretty low and might be a way to earn a huge point for the house

Personally not a fan of that hourly rotation system. I find it strange tho that BJ/GTN happens more frequently given the reason of why this restriction was made.

21 minutes ago, Massage said:

Personally not a fan of that hourly rotation system. I find it strange tho that BJ/GTN happens more frequently given the reason of why this restriction was made.

The reason was people using 5+ clients to do BJ/GTN, Town Games and Farming at the same time. Not BJ/GTN as a game itself. While not ideal, a rotation system like we have now ensures people don't abuse the hell out of our event and also that other games get more attention.

1 hour ago, GM Seiren said:

The reason was people using 5+ clients to do BJ/GTN, Town Games and Farming at the same time. Not BJ/GTN as a game itself. While not ideal, a rotation system like we have now ensures people don't abuse the hell out of our event and also that other games get more attention.

I see. Does that mean possible changes will occur if a better solution has been found?

20 minutes ago, Massage said:

I see. Does that mean possible changes will occur if a better solution has been found?

Possibly yes.

Halloween Challenge is so popular it's very hard to get into. From what I can see it lets five people in each round? Or about that. And then you have to wait five minutes for those people to finish. If there's quite a few people waiting, then you might not get in until 15 minutes or so have passed, and if it's first come first serve then you either lose your place in line or miss out on earning tickets in other minigames. Which is kind of sucky, since it's an hour only.

14 hours ago, Restless said:

Is there an exit to the Prontera from the academy? If not, please add one.

You run through the warp into event town and top right corner is a boat which instant sends you back to Pront.

That's a start at least - also you can simply char select.

Can we stop rewarding leechers in MVP Defence? Whole team is trying to kill/defend the mvp without getting rewarded while some random champ just decides to do nothing but collect tickets from boxes. This is just anti-fun.

9 hours ago, GM Seiren said:

Can we make it such that only 1 char of every forum account can be in Melodia town/places in any given time / every 5 mins? Something like bingo. 

• No1 1

GM please fix afro team abusing ice wall. Our champs cant do anything, we destroy they spam. rip 😕

screenTalonRO120.jpg

screenTalonRO121.jpg

Edited by Chizaruni
mistakes were made

From what I've seen, icewall is just another part of the competitive element in mvp defense. The reason why Azviar held it so long there in this particular instance was because Bryjar was outnumbered and had poor class composition. The team was composed of mostly champs (that mostly just body reloc for the boxes), hps, some snipes and 1 hw. Moments after these screenshots, more Bryjar members came in who were hw's and also a prof who quickly diffused the situation with sight thrasher and LP spam. From then on, it was pretty evenly matched.  I don't think it would be good to block icewall on the map, as there are several ways to counteract it and would otherwise eliminate another tactical option people can take (it's used to block people from the mvp in the open field, not just the corner as depicted here). It's also difficult to lure the mvp into the corner in the first place since it keeps swapping aggro from several dps - again the reason why this happened is cos Azviar's hps reacted quickly and because of the reasons above (outnumbered/composition).

Also, I second what Cheron said. It's sad that hps and classes that do all the work to defend and heal the mvp get nothing, compared to people who just run around and hit the boxes without contributing to the actual fight and reaping the rewards all for themselves. By the time we finished the round, one of my friends who's new to the event and hped for the entire hour was like "What?? How come no tickets??".

Edited by Yuren
  • Love 1
  • No1 2

How many new costumes does raffle offer? The first post you can win 6, the npc lists only 5. Is there 6th hidden one, unlisted, or there's just 5 after all?

The mvp inside unrestricted dungeon is bugged. The announcement that pops up after it has been killed shows the name and house of the person who landed the last hit, but not the one who dealt the most dps and got the mvp sign. Going by the announcement, they would also receive the 'significant bonus points' from killing the mvp too despite having only contributed the last hit - not sure if intentional.

Adding to the unres dungeon - would be nice if the instance item (soul stone I think it's called?) could drop by the mobs at a low chance, and not just from the MVP. Give us plebs a chance!

• Fsh 1

17 minutes ago, TheStranger said:

Adding to the unres dungeon - would be nice if the instance item (soul stone I think it's called?) could drop by the mobs at a low chance, and not just from the MVP. Give us plebs a chance!

What if I told you... That the regular mobs already drop the King's Soul Stone? :)

If you find yourself an Evil Heart and figure out how to use it, that's another way to get it~

Just now, TheStranger said:

/omg

I feel dumb now, haha. Thanks for the response!

Welcome! :D

49 minutes ago, Yuren said:

The mvp inside unrestricted dungeon is bugged. The announcement that pops up after it has been killed shows the name and house of the person who landed the last hit, but not the one who dealt the most dps and got the mvp sign. Going by the announcement, they would also receive the 'significant bonus points' from killing the mvp too despite having only contributed the last hit - not sure if intentional.

The announcement when killing The Creature and/or Werewolf on the last hit isn't a bug. Unfortunately we are unable to actually keep track of the MvP Status in that script the same way the game source keeps track of the MvP status when killing a normal MvP. Sadly, there is not much we can do about that, for the time being. If there is a fix for it, I can assure you it will be implemented. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

• Like 1

Can we make the win count on BJ / GTN stays event you got disconnected? Because it's killing me just to win 2 rounds then you got disconnected. Please, please, please!

i don't have a guild or partymates because i only play during weekends. they don't want me in their teams cause i don't "regularly" play.

will it ever be possible to have event games or activities that doesn't require me to be in a party?

the Halloween quest was fun.. but after doing it, i don't have anything to do unless i camp in front of my computer waiting for other people to have me in their parties - which i don't think will be healthy for me.

i think , it's a weakness for talonro to have less side quests and games for solo players like me.

Sign in to follow this