Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Game not working after todays patch

Question

I have been playing on Talonro for years. Today after patching game when i started it said the shortcut to game has changed.

So I went in game folder to run game and ran TalonPatch.exe. It patched saying updating patcher. Then error "Thor patcher cannot launch without configuration data."

Can i still play game or it is way to say bye bye to me?

9 answers to this question

This can happen if you have not logged in for a long time. Today we released our new patcher. This patcher requires a configuration file which we patched in a long time ago. The old patcher automatically patches itself to the new patcher, but if you did not get the configuration file patch from back then, it will not work. Just head over to our News page and download the file linked there. Extract in your tRO folder and you're good to go.

• No1 1

6 hours ago, GM Seiren said:

This can happen if you have not logged in for a long time. Today we released our new patcher. This patcher requires a configuration file which we patched in a long time ago. The old patcher automatically patches itself to the new patcher, but if you did not get the configuration file patch from back then, it will not work. Just head over to our News page and download the file linked there. Extract in your tRO folder and you're good to go.

I log in every few days - I found out with myself and a few others I have helped if we have very high security settings turned on certain security apps will not like the new patcher (ASC, Defender, etc.). It's simple as doing exactly what Seiren has said and then manually load patcher again and choose to allow the new "App" and then disable blocking on it moving forward.

Also I happen to immediately spam click to open 3-5 clients when I am going to play. Can't do this anymore as the new patcher requires an exclusive lock on the conf file so subsequent sessions crash. All you need do is click on Start Game as you open each before opening the next one.

Nice patcher, especially for those people who may get lost finding certain wiki/forum functions. Well done!

/spank

Thanks for replay GM.

I played a day ago been playing regularly few times a week atleast. I went to sleep after making this post and ran patcher again after i woke up and it downloaded new exe file name "tmp.exe". So i ran that and it it running new client and game is running fine now. Is that ok? or do i need to download something?

Boreas - I think this was a short term but now fail resolution.

I did as you stated above using your "download" and now it never patches and perm says 1300 players online.

Do you have a new or replacement patcher please?

Cheers (and Happy New Year)

7 minutes ago, Spankerman said:

Boreas - I think this was a short term but now fail resolution.

I did as you stated above using your "download" and now it never patches and perm says 1300 players online.

Do you have a new or replacement patcher please?

Cheers (and Happy New Year)

That solution should still work. Additionally you can get the latest installer. It's fully updated.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, GM Seiren said:

That solution should still work. Additionally you can get the latest installer. It's fully updated.

Rechecked everything and still wasn't patching. Quickly re downloaded the newest full installer and now all is good (will be interesting to see next patch I guess).

I have a lot of security software enabled and 'special' apps loaded - whilst I hate most of them they are mandatory for me.

Thanks again Seiren - take care  :)

P.S. On a side note noticed you have now enabled and loaded by default the Free Mouse movement patch for windowed clients - Nice, way cool for UHD.

Edited by Spankerman

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this