Sign in to follow this  
GM Lance

PvM | Elysian Garden

399078139_ElysianGarden.thumb.png.6292021ae9c2e4740e265d8a34cfe658.png

Elysian Garden has felt the devastating after effects of the Nightmare's that once lurked beyond the rift. An elusive plague has spread,
altering and creating anomalies within the Garden's surroundings.

Your expeditions will pit you at the root, setting up your defences with your comrades and cleansing the dark plague once and for all.
Please note that this will be a timed event challenge with repercussions that will change Elysian Garden as well as its future content.

The rewards will vary depending on time of completion, which will be explained further in the guidelines!

Players who already have a Nightmare Insignia in their inventory can request up to 6 additional Insignia's by PMing me with a list of IGNs
they'd like to claim for their characters (must be linked from the same forum account), this is so that players can diversify their playing
style when faced with the unique challenges the Garden has to offer. 

For those who have yet to obtain the Nightmare Insignia, there is still a chance for you to claim one by scheduling Nightmare's Rift - The Crown
A group of 10-12 is mandatory for a successful run, you can schedule your date/time by PMing me directly! 

Elysian Garden Location:
ra_fild06 272 70 | mjolnir_04 197 200

Guidelines:

1. Players can team up with other parties (with a maximum limit of 24 players), split into two groups of 12, to take on the challenge within
the specified time limit

2. Rewards will not be listed to give players an element of surprise. In addition, the rewards will be split into four categories as shown below:

Platinum Tier Rewards (Completion in under 25 minutes)
         Gold Tier Rewards (Completion in under 35 minutes)
         Silver Tier Rewards (Completion in under 45 minutes)
         Bronze Tier Rewards (Completion in 60 minutes)

2. Due to the nature of Elysian Garden, this will only be a one-time event. Participants who fail to schedule in their slots by 3rd January
will not be able to attend

3. Multi-accounting is permitted, but not advised due to the progressive difficulty of the event challenge

Time Slots:

5th January
Slot 1 [ Open ] 12pm Server Time
Slot 2 [ Open / Emi's Team ] 1pm Server Time
Slot 3 [ Open / Amatsu Desserts ] 2pm Server Time
Slot 4 [ Open / Lyderis' Team ] 3pm Server Time
Slot 5 [ Open / Sinshine's Team ] 4pm Server Time
Slot 6 [ Open / SpankySpanky ] 5pm Server Time
Slot 7 [ Open ] 6pm Server Time

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • No1 1

Slot 5 (4pm) please :3

Am I understanding this right that we can request permanent Insignias for our other ingame accounts? Just making sure I understand right.

Edited by Sinshine

I have some questions regarding the teaming up part.

Will the garden layout be same as last time or more of what it is now (3 main routes and different paths)? If it's like last time, cramming 2 full parties in a relatively small maps will be messy, if it's like it is now, there's a high chance to clear all paths within the specified time for platinum. Can we have some info on that, please?

Also another question, you mentioned in the thread that we can request insignia for 6 extra chars for people who already finished The Crown, reasoning that it will offer more versatility.

However, this hardly makes sense as Nightmare Insignia is now in-game account bound, if people can create 12 different classes in that ingame account then they will surely not be bothered. Plus you are offering 6 more insignias per person, then everyone can go in Elysian Garden in 7 different ingame accounts which makes it lose the exclusive status.

Unless the Nightmare Insignia is now going to be character bound, then it would make sense to offer 6 extra insignia per person? 

Edited by Rayssss

2 hours ago, Restless said:

I have some questions regarding the teaming up part.

Will the garden layout be same as last time or more of what it is now (3 main routes and different paths)? If it's like last time, cramming 2 full parties in a relatively small maps will be messy, if it's like it is now, there's a high chance to clear all paths within the specified time for platinum. Can we have some info on that, please?

Hi Restless! 

No, the event will be different to the usual path route. 

I won't give away too much, but the challenge itself will be dynamic so parties who go in with 24 will face a tougher challenge. All of this will be scaled whether you go in with 12 or 24, rest assured. 

1 hour ago, Rayssss said:

Also another question, you mentioned in the thread that we can request insignia for 6 extra chars for people who already finished The Crown, reasoning that it will offer more versatility.

However, this hardly makes sense as Nightmare Insignia is now in-game account bound, if people can create 12 different classes in that ingame account then they will surely not be bothered. Plus you are offering 6 more insignias per person, then everyone can go in Elysian Garden in 7 different ingame accounts which makes it lose the exclusive status.

Unless the Nightmare Insignia is now going to be character bound, then it would make sense to offer 6 extra insignia per person? 

The purpose of offering multiple insignias for players who have completed The Crown is so that they are not limited to just one character. Various players have been requesting additional insignias as they initially went into the instance with their bio, support class and/or various other reasons. 

With this offering, you can now have options when selecting your class or enter the Garden with multiple characters if needed; the way it was intended. 

Hope that clarifies everything!

30 minutes ago, GM Lance said:

The purpose of offering multiple insignias for players who have completed The Crown is so that they are not limited to just one character. Various players have been requesting additional insignias as they initially went into the instance with their bio, support class and/or various other reasons. 

With this offering, you can now have options when selecting your class or enter the Garden with multiple characters if needed; the way it was intended. 

Hope that clarifies everything!

Thanks for your reply, 

However, as of now, the Insignia is 1 ingame account bound, and 1 ingame account bound = 12 characters inside. Of course, people wont be naive enough to request 6 extra Insignias on only 1 ingame account, instead they will request for 6 other different ingame account with your offer. Unless Nightmare Insignia is character bound, everyone can go in with 7 different ingame accounts (84 characters to choose from btw). And believe me, i know people who can do 5 accounts at once. Wouldnt this be too much since it can allow 1 person to go in with his/her accs and basically solo the garden? 

Edited by Rayssss

2 minutes ago, Rayssss said:

Thanks for your reply, 

However, as of now, the Insignia is 1 ingame account bound, and 1 ingame account bound = 12 characters inside. Of course, people wont be naive enough to request 6 extra Insignias on only 1 ingame account, instead they will request for 6 other different ingame account with your offer. Unless Nightmare Insignia is character bound, everyone can go in with 7 different ingame accounts (84 characters to choose from btw). And believe me, i know people who can do 5 accounts at once. Wouldnt this be too much?

Not everyone has all classes on all accounts. I've had people lacking classes I tried to put them on on their insignia account myself and we had to have the insignia moved to some wonky account that happened to have that class but nothing else. At this point, I think giving everyone enough access to make a maximum of classes available should be the focus so as many people and parties as possible can go at all.

1 minute ago, Rayssss said:

Thanks for your reply, 

However, as of now, the Insignia is 1 ingame account bound, and 1 ingame account bound = 12 characters inside. Of course, people wont be naive enough to request 6 extra Insignias on only 1 ingame account, instead they will request for 6 other different ingame account with your offer. Unless Nightmare Insignia is character bound, everyone can go in with 7 different ingame accounts (84 characters to choose from btw). And believe me, i know people who can do 5 accounts at once. Wouldnt this be too much?

I wouldn't worry too much about players entering with 5 accounts at once. The Elysian Garden is filled with content, some of which will take an actual team to clear out certain maps. 

Furthermore the main intention of the Garden are the bespoke monthly events we'll be hosting. Like 'The Plague' for instance, multi-accounters won't benefit from this due to the time based challenge. 

4 minutes ago, GM Lance said:

I wouldn't worry too much about players entering with 5 accounts at once. The Elysian Garden is filled with content, some of which will take an actual team to clear out certain maps. 

Furthermore the main intention of the Garden are the bespoke monthly events we'll be hosting. Like 'The Plague' for instance, multi-accounters won't benefit from this due to the time based challenge. 

4 minutes ago, Sinshine said:

Not everyone has all classes on all accounts. I've had people lacking classes I tried to put them on on their insignia account myself and we had to have the insignia moved to some wonky account that happened to have that class but nothing else. At this point, I think giving everyone enough access to make a maximum of classes available should be the focus so as many people and parties as possible can go at all.

I think you guys miss my point here. I mean the normal garden instance at mjolnir_04 map, not the elysian garden event that Lance hosts :(.

Since i saw people entering and solo the mvps inside with 5 accounts when there was still a non restricted portal in the map. Thus, im wondering that when you made the npc just to limit that happens, but now you offer more insignias, doesnt this defeat the purpose of making the npc to check for insignia at first?

1 minute ago, Rayssss said:

I think you guys miss my point here. I mean the normal garden instance at mjolnir_04 map, not the elysian garden event that Lance hosts :(.

Since i saw people entering and solo the mvps inside with 5 accounts when there was still a non restricted portal in the map. Thus, im wondering that when you made the npc just to limit that happens, but now you offer more insignias, doesnt this defeat the purpose of making the npc to check for insignia at first?

If that's a problem, I think they can implement a check to allow only 2 characters per IP in or something, I guess :o

6 minutes ago, Rayssss said:

We only offer the 6 additional insignias to players who have already completed The Crown instance. Whereas before, any player could enter the portal despite having completed it. The purpose of adding an NPC is to ensure only those who have finished the Nightmare's Rift finale can gain access to the Garden. 

4 minutes ago, Sinshine said:

If that's a problem, I think they can implement a check to allow only 2 characters per IP in or something, I guess :o

If we see this as an issue, then it's definitely something we can implement in the near future!

We'll review the maps and adjust accordingly if needed. Bearing in mind this is still a fresh concept, so there are always room for improvement. /ok

2 minutes ago, GM Lance said:

We only offer the 6 additional insignias to players who have already completed The Crown instance. Whereas before, any player could enter the portal despite having completed it. The purpose of adding an NPC is to ensure only those who have finished the Nightmare's Rift finale can gain access to the Garden. 

Thanks a lot for taking your effort in to clarify this matter o/. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, GM Lance said:

I won't give away too much, but the challenge itself will be dynamic so parties who go in with 24 will face a tougher challenge. All of this will be scaled whether you go in with 12 or 24, rest assured. 

Just to clarify. Does this scale by whether we go with 1 or 2 parties (e.g. 1 party easier = mode, 2 parties = harder mode) or will it generally change with amount of people (e.g. one party with 12 people will have an easier time than two parties with 8 people each for a total of 16 players and 2 parties of 12 each will have the hardest spawns)?

22 minutes ago, Sinshine said:

Just to clarify. Does this scale by whether we go with 1 or 2 parties (e.g. 1 party easier = mode, 2 parties = harder mode) or will it generally change with amount of people (e.g. one party with 12 people will have an easier time than two parties with 8 people each for a total of 16 players and 2 parties of 12 each will have the hardest spawns)?

The difficulty will remain the same either way. The challenge will be slightly adjusted for bigger parties (based on scaling per player). Hope that makes sense!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rayssss said:

Most prolly refered towards me.
Whether 5 or 1 accounts all the MvPs inside the Garden are soloable, including Havoc and Radius, don't see how this is a problem, people will always find the way to solo them, i understand you, not everyone can dual more than 1 account in Ragnarok it requires skills, determination and reaction and most important dedication, just like in any other games there's people who exceed and understand the game furthermore than others ( so called "pro"). It'd sort of sad to see that they make it impossible to have fun with a friends by forcing you to bring 12man pt rather than solo or 2/3 people party (not to mention having to find people is already hard due to the lack of parties around the server ) even GMC would be soloable if given enough practice and determination on it. However i'm clarifying this cos it seems that everyone been complaining about how it's soloable but trust me, it's harder to do than say. o/

Edited by Clareon
  • Like 1
  • No1 1

Slot 2 please, 1PM.

Edited by Emi
Saw Lyd's post, taking slot for 3:00 haha

On 12/16/2018 at 7:26 AM, Lyderis said:

Slot 4, 3pm please for my party. Ty ! 

@GM LanceI think you may have missed my post up there =[

Due to unforeseen circumstances, today's Elysian Garden will unfortunately be cancelled.

The instance will be re-scheduled for tomorrow instead. All parties who have signed up for today can alter their timeslots below (if needed):

6th January
Slot 3 [ Open / Amatsu Desserts ] 2pm Server Time
Slot 4 [ Open / Lyderis' Team ] 3pm Server Time
Slot 5 [ Open / Sinshine's Team ] 4pm Server Time

12th January
Slot 3 [ Emi's Team ] 2pm Server Time
Slot 4 [ Rayssss' Team ] 3pm Server Time
Slot 5 [ Shannon Hoon's Team ] 4pm Server Time

For those who cannot make tomorrow's instance, or 12th January, please PM me with a date that you are able to attend and we'll do our best to accommodate!

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. @Emi @Lyderis @Sinshine @Rayssss

• Wah 1

Uhm, tmr would be hard for us. We would like to take 3pm slot on 12th January pls o/. 

• Love 1

Sign in to follow this