Sign in to follow this  
EerieEric

Good Farm/Gearing for Acolyte?

da8293bd5bbb35d44c264234056a4ec2.png

I'm having some issues finding where I can get some decent gear and decent cash for that matter, don't mind the grind.  Im told I should be farming Anthell but I can't even touch enemies without taking HUGE amounts of damage.  Any pointers?  This isn't my first rodeo with RO but this is my first time rolling a Monk/Acolyte.

Take eden quest, you will get free basic equipments that are better than npc ones in general. Here's the guide.

If you don't mind on keep changing build, go to full int, do offensive heal (hold shift or type /noshift, I like hold shift better because you can't accidentally heal other players) on undead. The place would be payon dungeon 1 and 2, then (pyramid, probably) glast heim prison or churchyard. Keep in mind that in glast heim, you absolutely don't want monsters to touch you, keep running away while doing heal spam. Don't sit when you are running out of sp, go back to doctor (at least until you're level 60 -70). Also, it might be better idea to turn off your /noks at glast heim so people can finish off your zombies when you have problems (sp or too much monsters to handle). You can change into real battle monk later when you get more stuffs or enough skill / stat points.

Edited by kolela
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kolela said:

Take eden quest, you will get free basic equipments that are better than npc ones in general. Here's the guide.

If you don't mind on keep changing build, go to full int, do offensive heal (hold shift or type /noshift, I like hold shift better because you can't accidentally heal other players) on undead. The place would be payon dungeon 1 and 2, then (pyramid, probably) glast heim prison or churchyard. Keep in mind that in glast heim, you absolutely don't want monsters to touch you, keep running away while doing heal spam. Don't sit when you are running out of sp, go back to doctor (at least until you're level 60 -70). Also, it might be better idea to turn off your /noks at glast heim so people can finish off your zombies when you have problems (sp or too much monsters to handle). You can change into real battle monk later when you get more stuffs or enough skill / stat points.

Hey thanks for the reply!  Im running into the issue of starting a quest withing the Eden Group and I cannot complete it.  It wants me to run and take on Anthell pretty much and I can't kill the mobs.  Im guessing I have to suck it up and look for a party or person to run it with me?

11 minutes ago, EerieEric said:

Hey thanks for the reply!  Im running into the issue of starting a quest withing the Eden Group and I cannot complete it.  It wants me to run and take on Anthell pretty much and I can't kill the mobs.  Im guessing I have to suck it up and look for a party or person to run it with me?

Or you can drop your vit to 1 and put those statpoints into agility. With lvl 10 agi-up and bless (29 job lvl - you can get additional job exp by completing Dieshin Corp. quest at the second floor of Eden Group) the Anthell-quest will be an easy run. Leave out the lvl 40 Eden equipment quest (orc babies, orc warriors and orc ladies), since it's too hard, and get a lvl 50+ (orc zombies and orc skeletons). Then again - leave out the lvl 60 quest and get the lvl 70, which is completed in Glastheim Church/Churchyard by simple healbombing. The lvl 4 equipment you'll get from Eden group ain't that bad. I was wearing it up till rebirth.

Choose well the lvl 4 weapon, since the knuckles have less atk, but a nice 10% ASPD bonus, unlike the mace. And choose the enchants well, since a +20% atk on a certain race is like having a free card in your weapon.

• Thanks 1

This game is very difficult to start alone as most of game is designed for Elite players and new players are mostly ignored.

Then again, most of Elite players just do not undestand it and assume that you are starting same way as they.

Undestand following:

* You are moreless assumed to start by constantly voting for TaloRO or by donating. When you skip this - it will be very hard to start.

* You can change voting points to Copper Coins -> Talon Coin -> Zeny, which allows you to buy some starting gear.

* Picking good job helps a lot. I guess SN, Rogue, Hunter, Priest are best. Rest of them require expensive gear to start.

* It would be great to have every account with level  26+ Merchant character for Discount, Overcharge, Identify and sales.

* learn how to use forum item, monster, selling databases and !shopJump, !whosells, !autotrade commands.

* Most of armor and weapons sold in NPC shops are useless for all practical purposes with execepion of bows, arrows,  and novice items

* You are assumed either to play in group or to use several charcters ( you can start 2 clients per PC ) and buff your own characters

* You can use your higher character to boost your lower level charcaters or play up several character together.

* While playing alone you are generally able to kill mobs 30 levels ( level 20+ ) before your level. Most things above that will require absurd amount of meat/healing.

* Doing Eden items guests for starting gear is very important for new platers.

* Doing Eden killing quests to gain Bronze Coins for rental equipment is also very useful for new player.

* Always take 2 Eden killing quests when you reach next level bracket. While you most likely can not do it on your level, you can keep it for later.

* While you most likely not able to do higher level quests alone, ask for help from "main" or "recruit" channels.

Edited by xasher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Read this:

https://wiki.talonro.com/Starter_Guide

i wrote it to spare me the time of answering all the same questions all over again. As well as the questions you get by answering your questions!

Iam sorry to say but in your case start with the basics, pick a easy to start char and stick to it for some weeks!

Thief->Rogue isnt best but the easiest char and cheapest. Looking at your aco state distribution i can only highly recomend you play a autosteal or bow rogue untill you have a greater understanding about game mechanics.

I would skip eden quests except maybe for some good weapons. Pantie undershirt combo for agi chars is far superior and probably more easier to get. There are easy gears farmable/questable which will have more impact that eden stuff.

You arent required to donate, voting helps but knowing gamemeachanics is just priceless. Read at least 1 hour in forum or wiki for every 4 hours playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies, i'll definitely try out the methods Iskand3r and shar offered.  I wouldn't say im new entirely to RO, just this server and well some the mechanics of Acolyte.

I mainly used to play Sword n Board Knight.

Sure, you can probably use Pantie and Undershit for first 40 levels. When I levelled first character it costed like 500k but now it is around 100k which you can buy when somebody gives you money.

Eden gear especially. level 60 one is just far better then pantie and undershirt and gives HP bonus - which you need most. Later you can also enchant those for greater effect.

Level 25 Eden gear you can get on your own but level 40 and 60 you should ask help from "main".  Most players will help you gladly with that when they have time.

Actually there even better way to play up when you stay as Novice until level 60 and you get Eden gear. Novice items have massive HP bonus on them. You will lose some job xp but you can regain it quickly with Leaf Cats in Ayatoyan Dungeon.

Edited by xasher

On 12/18/2018 at 4:13 PM, EerieEric said:

I'm having some issues finding where I can get some decent gear and decent cash for that matter, don't mind the grind.  Im told I should be farming Anthell but I can't even touch enemies without taking HUGE amounts of damage.  Any pointers?  This isn't my first rodeo with RO but this is my first time rolling a Monk/Acolyte.

EDEN gears will take you a loooooong way. Ask people for help on !recruit you're bound to get into some parties doing the quest and maybe even make some connection along the way.

On 12/18/2018 at 3:13 PM, EerieEric said:

Reset your stat, pump full int, and start killing zombies or skeleton first (payon dungeon), after you reach 40ish, continue pumping your int , and start goin to either glastheim prison or glast heim churchyard, kill zombie prisoner, ghoul, or any undead (run if you see mimic, hunter fly, basically non undead mob).

Eventually you will be a priest in no time, and you will learn about magnus exorcimus skill later on.

Edited by MawanMeabeab

U dont need gears as Aco, just get yourself leeched by an archer or mage and look for gears when you are a priest-- honest advise

ppl know what i am talking about love me, but if you dont love me--its ok too ;) 

a) He said he's going to be a monk, not a priest.

b) Every job is soloable. Some faster, some slower, but every single one.

c) meleeing as an aco is quite... challenging. But as time goes on, one will become more and more pro. And those advices like "pump full int ang go on as a mere support aco" will look... naive. The monk's way is different.

PS It's quite fun to use the built in Pneuma against ranged monsters like: Archer Skeleton, Antique Firelock Soldier, Cruisers, Parasite, Enchanted Peach Tree, etc. The first two can be easily healbombed and thus used to solo level a support aco. And it's more fun then leeching your ass at GHC.

oh yes, EVERY class can solo- in a way, but do you enjoy wacking monster with a mace as an Aco?  I doubt it....

Even when you get to monk class..... auto triple is still slow leveling.....

and if you level with asura build..... 1 hit... out of SP.... then what? 

anyways, monk isnt an easy class to level w/o partner or gears. good luck mate!

10 hours ago, Iskand3r said:

a) He said he's going to be a monk, not a priest.

b) Every job is soloable. Some faster, some slower, but every single one.

c) meleeing as an aco is quite... challenging. But as time goes on, one will become more and more pro. And those advices like "pump full int ang go on as a mere support aco" will look... naive. The monk's way is different.

PS It's quite fun to use the built in Pneuma against ranged monsters like: Archer Skeleton, Antique Firelock Soldier, Cruisers, Parasite, Enchanted Peach Tree, etc. The first two can be easily healbombed and thus used to solo level a support aco. And it's more fun then leeching your ass at GHC.

Uhh, pumping full int is good my friend, we need that to kill undead with heal bomb, level up (we do have stat reset npc here, dont worry) and changing to monk , dont we?? Dont tell me you are telling him to go full str-agi and whacking monster?

Ohh if you are goin monk, of course you can ignore about that priest thing, as monk you will need str-dex.

About levelling as a monk, its goin to be challenging, my advise, basically get npc stunner , and start investigate dance on sleeper, slow but you can gear up too while you level.

Or you can get elemental mace/knuckle if you want to do finger offensive (at the moment, tam-tam region looks promising), just check on the mob def first, as your dmg is not that great early on without some decent weapon.

Edited by MawanMeabeab

On 12/23/2018 at 12:45 AM, MawanMeabeab said:

Or you can get elemental mace/knuckle if you want to do finger offensive (at the moment, tam-tam region looks promising), just check on the mob def first, as your dmg is not that great early on without some decent weapon.

A rental stunner will do the job better. Basically a rental stunner+99 base str+around 80 dex=1hitKO Sleeper with Investigate lvl 5. If you add an Engeneer cap with Knocker card and a scorching muffler (11TC for all - may be cheaper on vend), you may lower dex to 35 base (50 under bless), which is acheavable at lvl 73. Changing the rental stunner to a Qadrille at lvl 86, and achieveing 70 base dex will keep the Investigate damage om Sleepers at the same level.

But personally i dun like such math and i got fed up with day-to-day farming those damn sleepers. I'm not a goddamn robot - i came to the game to have fun! So i changed my monk (and then champ) to a combo build and was running around wherever i wanted :) And yes, i was leveling them both (aco and high aco) as melee chars - i find it more fun then sitting on a single map, healing monsters till death from boredom.

Edited by Iskand3r