Avar

Item Over Price

Over pricing is getting ridiculous....

How can it be that Glove with Sting Card is way cheaper than a Glove [1]... How sad. Gloves [1] are 5m max 6.

This is just an example... so many more.

overprice.PNG

Edited by Avar

Prices are formed through offer and demand not through you thinking what the price should be.

If there is less offer for an item than people demand it the prices will naturally go up over time. Also if demand for uncarded glove is higher than for Sting glove the price could very well be higher. Sting glove is not vanilla and for unres there are way better options than just a glove.

You cannot control the market, even in actual life. There were more cases that were frustrating like a clean Violet Fear years ago is like 20-30m but now it's very cheap. HOB before was 35-45m but now it can go lower to 10m. 

Two weeks ago there were no gloves on sale so I started selling them at 8m. I want more for an item, max price is 10 TC, so why wouldn't I try to get more juice from my luck? :p

and FYI, you have no control over how people set their overpriced item or underpriced item, you can only take control of how you spend your zeny.

in the event like this, i would buy out the sting glove and resell for its actual value, 7 mil + 2mil maybe. lol

• No1 1

Even funnier is that part of the allure of gloves and other accessories is using them to make a bris and for a good while buying bris outright was cheaper than making them and might still be.

Alternatively, I would say a lot of prices on tro are determined by undercutters and monopolies more than they are by demand. Plenty of people have more than enough zeny from all the raw zeny farming they do but refuse to spend it and plenty of people could raise prices easily but they constantly undercut each other.

Edited by Wormi
  • No1 1

17 hours ago, Avar said:

How can it be that Glove with Sting Card is way cheaper than a Glove [1]... How sad. Gloves [1] are 5m max 6.

you are comparing 2 items with different usage. you need to be considerate on many levels in here.

1st the demand if market chat getting flooded by buyers of a same item it would cause to raise.
2nd is that the stock probably low or either nobody sells it.
3rd undercutting e.g. if I have glove sting I would sell them lower than the glove[1] and the card itself so you got this price.

my conclusion here is that if its in-demand it will rise whatever it takes but the other items will decrease.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:47 AM, Avar said:

Over pricing is getting ridiculous....

As many people have stated above Supply and Demand drive market prices.

There think there is a rule somewhere that says you can't over price every day NPC purchasable items, beyond that anyone can sell anything else for whatever price they want. People simply won't buy. I have seen Glove[1] selling for over 9 mil when there are non on the market for a few days, and that wasn't long ago. People will pay more if no supply and they really need/want.

As to the Glove[1] being more than Glove[Sting] that is pretty common. A lot of people out there want clean gloves (SQI making or for other cards not Sting - Sting can't be used in Vanilla mode after all).

/spank

I always see market fluctuations as an opportunity and do trading discreetly. there was a time when I bought all bone plates at 8m each and vend them 12m each because this item does not have a fixed item price and can be determined only on who vended it first, and the price war proceeds after. I got considerable profit for it.

• Heh 1

You might be one of those people who pm me and bash me about the price im selling my items in !market coz they dont know how the "law of supply and demand" works or just to haggle in a rude way. anyways the only anchor as to how much an item is worth is its TC value. glove[1] for example is 10TC and the current TC value is atleast 1.1m so a glove[1] price is expected to be 12m below giving a head room of 1.2m/TC(this is the highest i've seen in buying/selling). For those item not found in reward guru and have no TC value then you dictate the price for it according to your discretion. a good example would be Maya Purple card. the acceptable price for it is 350m+. who decided that? nobody knows who gave it that initial value but that's that. I understand you were expecting the glove[1] to be around 5m - 6.5m or something but that's how economy works. I ain't even complaining that Meginjards are more expensive than Bris now.. and it only used to be 190-205m. 💀 and to answer your question carded items are sometimes have lesser value than clean ones. Why? well clean ones have the option of personalizing it to your liking while the carded ones don't. and you need to spend 5TC to decard it therefor losing more value. an example of this is a Holy Robe[1] vs Holy Robe[Angeling] you are expecting the carded one to be more expensive? wrong! the card and the armor conflicts with each other making it a trash item so it should worth less than the clean ones.

8 hours ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

a little additional; you can use a carded glove to make SQIs... same goes for other SQIs and their equipment-requirement counterparts. what matters is the item ID. /gawi

Hahaha, blown a lot of peoples secret there  😉  But yes very true  :)

/spank

The way i see it;

1. If you're not happy with either the selling or buying price, just walk out, chances are, someone might give the reasonable trade/price later on.

2. Or you can be persistent and keep trading/selling/buying (chances are you might wait for longer time, eventually you might get what you sought later on).

Just be reasonable, noone likes greedy and sour person afterall

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.