Shiek

Project Iduna - What is coming?!

Hey all,

with the February Update we got another glance into the upcoming major updates on TalonRO. Already in December some “big changes” were announced but we are still lacking of information what is about to come?!

I wanna use this thread to collect and share facts but also rumors. While I am not super well informed, others might know more and after all, why shouldnt we have a thread where we can share our excitement. XD

The picture in the February news looks like some interface changes. I think I have seen them already on official servers. Does someone know more about it?

I also read post from GMs about a SQI revamp. But no clue what this includes. What about you?

Edited by Shiek
Mistake
  • Fsh 1

yeah prolly new client update. maybe suggestions before that arent compatible with our current client may be possible now /fsh 

I wonder if alternate sprites like for the third jobs would be possible now with the new client.

Probably not, but I can only hope... 1

16 minutes ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

The big change is autoloot getting added

77d452f1c00dc7bfbb2ad4efd01b1aca.png

Lol, autoloot used to be in the game, though limited to characters level 70 and lower. so really really doubtful (it breaks too much)

New client definitely fits the promise for a "new world of possibilities" for gameplay. IIRC, with the current client they can't even add an effect icon (those icons on the right of the screen) to skills and items like Aura Blade and Elemental Converters. 

Some of the clients out there have a ton of new possibilities and features that are WAY ahead of our current client...I mean, how old is our client? 6 or 7 years? I think a change is way overdue 😅  I'm glad it's finally happening now 😊

Kinda blurry, but on on that screenshot there was something about achievements. Not sure if it means achievements are back or it's some kind of progress tracker.

There's some stuff about new instances and exchanging tokens for rewards similar to GMC but about 9 different Valkyries each with their own instance. We got a sneak peak during the Project V beta run this weekend. Should know more next week during the official Project V run.

I just hope it is not only end game content but also smth for new players that are trying to catch up with the well advanced majority.

I feel a huge cap in the “middle game” when you can only farm and grind like a monkey to get your first GEC or Weapon while feeling that LKH is still 50h on Sleeper away >.<

• Thanks 1

I hope it's new maps and new mobs that are better than abbey in terms of exp @______________@

• Like 1

Hm didn't think about achievements, I know they had plans for those, linked to forum account I think.  Missed the teaser though so eh,   Will also say there is a full SQI revamp coming... one day

be interesting

Edit:  Just read the post.  Looks like new client from the pictures.  Achievements being part of that package I can fully understand.  New client is insane though.  Wonder if really a full new client, or just a new user interface in the client. (The key differences being people in suggestions wanting new icons for extra status effects on the right for things that didn't have them before would still not be possible on a new interface, but would be on a new client.)

Edited by ValheruWolf

6 hours ago, ValheruWolf said:

Wonder if really a full new client, or just a new user interface in the client. (The key differences being people in suggestions wanting new icons for extra status effects on the right for things that didn't have them before would still not be possible on a new interface, but would be on a new client.) 

I don't think they can even make any relevant changes to the interface without updating the client. From the teaser, even the character creation window is different, so it seems pretty certain it's a client update.

For me, i just want the sqi and card update, because many cards is just plain useless right now (bio mvp card, evil snake, etc)

Edited by Mawanmeabeab2
  • No1 1

10 hours ago, Ding said:

Belive me: Third jobs 🤡
(I never lie)

Don't tease us @_@

New client mostly. Hope it improves BG with all the neat suggestions we throwed in the Suggestions thread.

Also new client would be 2016 or 2017 under Hercules lmaooo kill me ples.

14 hours ago, DoucheEnrique said:

The big news is: TalonRO finally got 3rd Jobs balanced /fsh

Now that would be a miracle.   Not even sure it's possible lol. atleast without heavily changing skills.

• Wah 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.