Sign in to follow this  
GM Haziel

GM Haziel Introduction and AMA

Hey and welcome to TalonRO! /ok

Hope you have a wonderful time /lv

I had to... >w<

Edited by AlysSariel

If you were ask to prepare for seasonal event, Which Season do you think will make you feel confident in scripting or thinking of plot that people will be so interested in reading the story?

Edited by Ellie Valentine

10 minutes ago, Ellie Valentine said:

If you were ask to prepare for seasonal event, Which Season do you think will make you feel confident in scripting or thinking of plot that people will be so interested in reading the story?

That's actually a great question.

I've scripted complete events in the past for basically all seasonal events and holidays so, for more than four years I've had to come with new ideas to enhance which was defined by the previous year. The way I do that is usually creating different activities that can be done or participated in any order, giving a background story that is usually loosely based in reality but it's also merged with the Norse mythology context that RO has. The silliest example is already present in the game, as of how Lutie is Santa's home instead of the North pole.

I've once created a toy-themed 2.0 WoE castle where you had to beat the false Santa and its buffy Reindeers to rescue the true one. But there were also other activities like small quests and drops that would only be able to get during the event but from normal mobs. Usually, I like to create a form of ultimate goal, where, if you've done enough of each activity and/or have completed all of them, there would be a unique reward for that.

I'm still learning how events on TalonRO works, but that's my way of doin' it.

B007.gif.241bf558472a92c0d93d506942263241.gif

41 minutes ago, GM Haziel said:

I've once created a toy-themed 2.0 WoE castle where you had to beat the false Santa and its buffy Reindeers to rescue the true one. But there were also other activities like small quests and drops that would only be able to get during the event but from normal mobs. Usually, I like to create a form of ultimate goal, where, if you've done enough of each activity and/or have completed all of them, there would be a unique reward for that.

I'm still learning how events on TalonRO works, but that's my way of doin' it.

B007.gif.241bf558472a92c0d93d506942263241.gif

makes me wonder if woe castle would have a seasonal look in the future.

Edited by Ellie Valentine
missing text..

1 minute ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

Hello! 

You are now GM Hazelnut

Not "Haziel"

GM Hazelnut

original.gif

Greetings.

Your request was declined.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

• No1 1

Welcome to tRO.

Clicked on your showcase artsu, * o * would be cool if some of these sprites are implemented in Iduna. I really appreciate artists. I would really love to see some of your works implemented soon!

Which event do you look forward to hosting as a returning GM? 

• Fsh 1

Hi and welcome, i checked your showcase and is absolutely awesome, the crusader set, zero and megaman's helment omg wish we can get those.

hope to see you work soon, good luck.

3 hours ago, Emi said:

Welcome to tRO.

Clicked on your showcase artsu, * o * would be cool if some of these sprites are implemented in Iduna. I really appreciate artists. I would really love to see some of your works implemented soon!

Implementation of my work is not the main point as I'm here at the moment. I do believe the Staff will make use of my talents though.
GM Lance already has plans on new content she wants me to work on so, look forward to that. Thank you for the compliments, really appreciate the gesture.

2 hours ago, GM Lance said:

Which event do you look forward to hosting as a returning GM? 

I'm a bit rusty on GM hosted events but I do have some ideas for exciting new ones that could be hosted regularly. I'll probably post schematics of them very soon for approval and then, let the player base know. :)

1 hour ago, darkclaw said:

Hi and welcome, i checked your showcase and is absolutely awesome, the crusader set, zero and megaman's helment omg wish we can get those.

hope to see you work soon, good luck.

Thank you for taking the time to pass by, I really appreciate the compliments.
Hope to know better the population of this awesome server.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, GM Haziel said:

Greetings.

Your request was declined.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Too late Hazelnut. 

You are now part of the GM Food team alongside Bunny Kebab Haru, Roast Bunny Mikzie, Roast Chicken Shiris and Fried Chicken Phoenix. 

Bon Apetit!

• Heh 1
  • Swt 1
  • Wah 1

13 hours ago, Goyu- said:

Hiiiiii

Hello there!

12 hours ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

Too late Hazelnut. 

You are now part of the GM Food team alongside Bunny Kebab Haru, Roast Bunny Mikzie, Roast Chicken Shiris and Fried Chicken Phoenix. 

Bon Apetit!

Hahaha, you're so cute, aren't you?

• No1 1

Excuse me but holy fuck that showcase was too good. That's all and welcome to the server. Hoping to participate in your events.

Btw, how are you gonna as a GM? Will you be merciful or masochistic just like some of the GM's here?

Edited by Gugma
  • Heh 1
  • Swt 1

On 3/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, Gugma said:

Excuse me but holy fuck that showcase was too good. That's all and welcome to the server. Hoping to participate in your events.

Btw, how are you gonna as a GM? Will you be merciful or masochistic just like some of the GM's here?

Thank you! Events should start popping very soon!
As a GM? Hm... I would align myself as lawful.

2 hours ago, Ding said:

Welcome :) 

Thank you very much. :)

Freshmeat :D or not, just read the returning part... Bummers.

Would love to see more party and teamwork based events that just require player numbers and basic gameplay and not expensive gearing.

AS for questions, hmm :

There is a Diablo 2 LOD like Charm system in rAthena Code (Might as well be spaghetti code by now)  would consider implementing it?

4 hours ago, Razer said:

There is a Diablo 2 LOD like Charm system in rAthena Code (Might as well be spaghetti code by now)  would consider implementing it?

No. And how is that related to a new eventGM? *facepalm*

On 3/18/2019 at 3:15 PM, GM Haziel said:

You can see some of my work in my rAthena's Showcase or my Instagram, the latter which I've been trying to feed more frequently.

I've seen these before (on rAthena... Nice to see you here on TalonRO... Welcome!

**Edit

Maybe in future TalonRO might add some of those as costumes.. /slur

Edited by Avar