Sign in to follow this  
GM Seiren

What kind of events would you like to see?

Well... Hm... I've already sent my event ideas to GM Howl (didn't know this topic existed, though). I think he even tried a few of the events. Not sure, as I've not seen any myself other than the ones I mentioned that pretty much already exist when GMs get bored (like "find the GM").

I guess I could copy-paste the PM with Spoilers to kill the length. I think it would be interesting to hear the opinions of everyone. I think if people showed interest before the events are tested, it might make them more likely to be tested, though I know GM Howl is busy with the Twelve Judges event.

Suggestions:

I know it may not be wise to copy events from another server, but as it has been dead for over a year now, I doubt it matters in a big way, but it may take away from the originality of TalonRO.

I have a string of events I'd like to suggest...

First I would like to point out that rewards for these varied. On my last server coins were rewarded, not points, since you couldn't buy cards/equips/kahos with them, just GYM memberships and other usable items like 30 minute exp boost items. There were also exp/stat boosting foods given out as rewards for these (which could be an option), and even old blue boxes. Rewards all varied by game and the GM hosting them. If it was a food/consumable item, the 1st place was given 3, 2nd 2, 3rd 1. Obviously giving 3 OBB won't be a good idea, but maybe 2 OBB for 1st, 1 OBB and 1 OPB for 2nd, 1 OPB for 3rd. As for reward points (was coins on last server, but I know why it can't be here) as a reward, this varied by how many players were participating (usually going up in increments of 5 per player) and 1st place got 100% of whatever the reward point (coin) amount was decided to be there. 2nd got 75%. 3rd got 50%.

The only event here that allows potions of any kind is Novice Warfare, and those items can only be ones you receive from monsters. Skills are disabled in ALL events.

Dice Roll Event:

:( since most people call 'em different things) that's a dice that randomly rolls between 1 and 6. Now the game is simple... Depending on how many players are there, the reward goes up in increments of 5.  Basically I'm guessing that it will be reward points, since TC have so much value here. 5 reward points per person, maybe to maximum of 50, or even 100 (something similar to the poring rally) regardless of the number of players (as long as there's at least 20)?

This is done using an emote ( like  >

The game is simple. Each person stands in a line, the GM stands in front of a person (left to right) and the person will roll a dice. If they get 1 or 6, you die (the GM just melees the person). You have a 4/6 chance of dying. There are 3 placements. Rewards worked like so (say there's enough people for 1st to get 100 Reward Points): 1st: 100. 2nd: 75. 3rd: 50. Obviously the placements are subtracting 1/4 of the number of the first prize. You can do the rewards however you wish though. The game is actually quite fun and a game of chance.

Alternative method: GM and Player roll at the same time, and if they get the same number, the player lives, otherwise they die (making it more difficult, which could be done once everyone dies the first time).

Novice Warfare:

This one is called Novice Warfare (or rather I'm titling it that since I forgot the actual name). Basically, you go to a PVP room as 1/1 novice, no gear other than what you're given. People can place skills wherever they wish. The GM spawns porings and little things for them to level for a period of 5-10 minutes (it varied depending on the GM doing it there, and how much time they had) and then all the players would kill each other (parties were allowed) as NOVICE ONLY class. The last one standing was rewarded (there were also 2nd and 3rd place, also each 1/4 or 1/3 less of whatever the 1st place reward was).  This one COULD be tweaked to be more of a Talon original by randomly giving participants the custom items given in novice grounds, obviously giving the items at random, some get staffs, some get daggers, et cetera. If this is done, I'd recommend doing it AFTER people have killed the monsters you spawn and they have set their stats, for all fairness, that way people with the staffs don't set to all INT, and people with the daggers don't set to all STR/AGI (though most people will do that anyway).

Abracadabra:

Game similar to dice roll. Basically the GM uses Abracadabra on people (if they're in a line) on one individual at a time (if an AOE is used, they'd revive everyone but the one they were in front of). If they were healed, or got a status effect, or whatever, they were fine.

Maze:

This game was where a randomly generated maze was created on some empty map (not sure where, but it wasn't a normal map) and everyone had to go through it. There was only one winner but the reward varied by the amount of people.  Not sure how to explain this one better. Neither buffs nor Pecos were allowed here.

GM/Reverse GM hide and seek:

As it sounds. Either the GM hides and gives hints to where they hide, or we all go to a map and the GM finds us (and kills us). 3 winners in this, and the last 3 shouldn't leave the map if they want a reward. The GM must keep their camera angles all at default out of fairness, since we hide in castles and maps behind walls and items and such, however seeing health bars of people makes them easy to find, which should also be disabled (it was done on the last server) and disabling auras.

Let me know your thoughts. Sorry about the length.

Howl's been tainted. He can't be anyone's wife anymore...

Howl can be Seiren's wife.

lh3 event please. Like a clone event, those are fun! Or something myth inspired like...Theseus and the minotaur. Player(s) make their way through a maze but encounter monsters and traps (no teleporting or flywing allowed).

I always thought a 1st class pvp event would be fun, dunno how fair it would be though

Beddeh ~

Last Man Standing Event - Vanilla and Unrestricted

-maximum of 50-100 players in one PVP Room

-same rules apply as in PVP room (vanilla and unrestricted)

-you can't see other's job/sprite and name. ( sprite is changed to unique one, so you can't see his name/job)

-those players will kill each other until last man standing

-that player will receive prize - copper coin or tc, depends on GMs.

Well... Hm... I've already sent my event ideas to GM Howl (didn't know this topic existed, though). I think he even tried a few of the events. Not sure, as I've not seen any myself other than the ones I mentioned that pretty much already exist when GMs get bored (like "find the GM").

I guess I could copy-paste the PM with Spoilers to kill the length. I think it would be interesting to hear the opinions of everyone. I think if people showed interest before the events are tested, it might make them more likely to be tested, though I know GM Howl is busy with the Twelve Judges event.

Suggestions:

I know it may not be wise to copy events from another server, but as it has been dead for over a year now, I doubt it matters in a big way, but it may take away from the originality of TalonRO.

I have a string of events I'd like to suggest...

First I would like to point out that rewards for these varied. On my last server coins were rewarded, not points, since you couldn't buy cards/equips/kahos with them, just GYM memberships and other usable items like 30 minute exp boost items. There were also exp/stat boosting foods given out as rewards for these (which could be an option), and even old blue boxes. Rewards all varied by game and the GM hosting them. If it was a food/consumable item, the 1st place was given 3, 2nd 2, 3rd 1. Obviously giving 3 OBB won't be a good idea, but maybe 2 OBB for 1st, 1 OBB and 1 OPB for 2nd, 1 OPB for 3rd. As for reward points (was coins on last server, but I know why it can't be here) as a reward, this varied by how many players were participating (usually going up in increments of 5 per player) and 1st place got 100% of whatever the reward point (coin) amount was decided to be there. 2nd got 75%. 3rd got 50%.

The only event here that allows potions of any kind is Novice Warfare, and those items can only be ones you receive from monsters. Skills are disabled in ALL events.

Dice Roll Event:

:( since most people call 'em different things) that's a dice that randomly rolls between 1 and 6. Now the game is simple... Depending on how many players are there, the reward goes up in increments of 5.  Basically I'm guessing that it will be reward points, since TC have so much value here. 5 reward points per person, maybe to maximum of 50, or even 100 (something similar to the poring rally) regardless of the number of players (as long as there's at least 20)?

This is done using an emote ( like  >

The game is simple. Each person stands in a line, the GM stands in front of a person (left to right) and the person will roll a dice. If they get 1 or 6, you die (the GM just melees the person). You have a 4/6 chance of dying. There are 3 placements. Rewards worked like so (say there's enough people for 1st to get 100 Reward Points): 1st: 100. 2nd: 75. 3rd: 50. Obviously the placements are subtracting 1/4 of the number of the first prize. You can do the rewards however you wish though. The game is actually quite fun and a game of chance.

Alternative method: GM and Player roll at the same time, and if they get the same number, the player lives, otherwise they die (making it more difficult, which could be done once everyone dies the first time).

Novice Warfare:

This one is called Novice Warfare (or rather I'm titling it that since I forgot the actual name). Basically, you go to a PVP room as 1/1 novice, no gear other than what you're given. People can place skills wherever they wish. The GM spawns porings and little things for them to level for a period of 5-10 minutes (it varied depending on the GM doing it there, and how much time they had) and then all the players would kill each other (parties were allowed) as NOVICE ONLY class. The last one standing was rewarded (there were also 2nd and 3rd place, also each 1/4 or 1/3 less of whatever the 1st place reward was).  This one COULD be tweaked to be more of a Talon original by randomly giving participants the custom items given in novice grounds, obviously giving the items at random, some get staffs, some get daggers, et cetera. If this is done, I'd recommend doing it AFTER people have killed the monsters you spawn and they have set their stats, for all fairness, that way people with the staffs don't set to all INT, and people with the daggers don't set to all STR/AGI (though most people will do that anyway).

Abracadabra:

Game similar to dice roll. Basically the GM uses Abracadabra on people (if they're in a line) on one individual at a time (if an AOE is used, they'd revive everyone but the one they were in front of). If they were healed, or got a status effect, or whatever, they were fine.

Maze:

This game was where a randomly generated maze was created on some empty map (not sure where, but it wasn't a normal map) and everyone had to go through it. There was only one winner but the reward varied by the amount of people.  Not sure how to explain this one better. Neither buffs nor Pecos were allowed here.

GM/Reverse GM hide and seek:

As it sounds. Either the GM hides and gives hints to where they hide, or we all go to a map and the GM finds us (and kills us). 3 winners in this, and the last 3 shouldn't leave the map if they want a reward. The GM must keep their camera angles all at default out of fairness, since we hide in castles and maps behind walls and items and such, however seeing health bars of people makes them easy to find, which should also be disabled (it was done on the last server) and disabling auras.

Let me know your thoughts. Sorry about the length.

We have deathdice already.

The maze event you're suggesting is pretty much here already with our Warp Maze event. (And Venture and Checkpoint if you'd count those)

Death dice takes long enough as it already is. Using abracadabra or alternative dice rolls would probably make the event 2-3 hours long, which a lot of people don't have the patience for.

Novice events have been done before. I'll keep it in mind, but the amount of people that would try to cheat their way past with uber equips would probably ruin the event.

Though I'm looking at some of the posts on this topic, keeping some of them in mind :D

I like the wondering poring event. I really like events that anyone can do with any class no matter how poorly geared you are. GM hide and go seek is usually pretty fun too.

If you mean long term events, so far everything Tro does is pretty awesome, events are practically running year round and there is always something to do

I always wondering ragnarok as another real live. So there's time when talonians get crisis like 3 MVPs and 100 legions spawn in prontera. This is time when talonians gather their strength to overcome this crisis xD

IGN : Sandy Pantiestriper

Check out my guides section ^^b

Sign in to follow this