Sign in to follow this  
Fox Sauce

Main Gauche[4] or Mes[3]

as title say ,I want build dual dagger sinx and just wonder which one I should use on left hand ?

Posted (edited)

Afaik, Left hand, basically used for utility (slot matters) - baphomet, phreooni, kiel, sniper, whereas, right hand (preferably high atk wpn) is carded with dmg boost card.

But, ive seen full dmg build too, carded with full tg, QS and such, makes me wonder how effective these would be.

Edited by Mawanmeabeab2
  • No1 1

+8 or above Mes - if you dont plan to use Phreeoni.

Else +10 MG (DDBP)

I usually use a MG with an attack dagger on the main which is a TTS Mes or an Elemental Damascus. The format has lasted me for over 10 years.

• Like 1
  • No1 1

To add input...

As to why you should put the higher attacking (ATK) dagger on the right hand is because of this:

received_1090423727810308.jpeg.261112a48e46a70e79ae30891512eb56.jpeg

The left hand maxed is only at 80% giving one an impression that the character is right-handed at default. 

Furthermore, I gave emphasis on ATK because you could put TG on the left hand dagger because the added percentage TG gives is for the total damage not focusing solely on ATK. However, an Incantation Samurai Card must be put on the right hand dagger because it is an ATK-based card.

Hope that helped.

• No1 3

Not just that.

• According to iRO Wiki skills only calculate the damage using the main-hand weapon's ATK (don't know it this only applies to official servers).
  • And even if you just auto-attack, only the main-hand can Double Attack (this might be a result of the first point)

Overall on DD Sin the off-hand weapon's ATK contributes far less to total damage than the main-hand. So most often it's better to sacrifice ATK on the off-hand to get more cards for boosting the main-hand.

• No1 1

22 hours ago, DoucheEnrique said:

Not just that.

• According to iRO Wiki skills only calculate the damage using the main-hand weapon's ATK (don't know it this only applies to official servers).
  • And even if you just auto-attack, only the main-hand can Double Attack (this might be a result of the first point)

Hi @DoucheEnrique

This statement from Wiki, however, sounds discouraging and will remain a mystery/myth until proven. So, I did my own exercise to bust the myth hoping to lift up the spirits of the aspiring dual-wielding Sinx-es from this discouraging information. I've made 3 different screenshots:

1st Screenshot: 2nd Screenshot: 3rd Screenshot:
685705790_1st-with2daggersrightIP1.png.56b354bfcdc3b5c54849bf108462e18d.png 711320808_2nd-with1daggerIPonly1.png.3403a7470be5d5e32843a6a8570bfc0c.png 1024744210_3rd-rightmes.png.5c1123d9931781b70501d814846e5c02.png

What have we learned:

• If you remove the Left Hand weapon, your double attack damage decreases. This means that the double attack's total damage is calculated considering the total cumulative ATK from both the Left Hand and Right Hand weapons. (See 2nd Screenshot) 
  • The High-ATK Weapon must be in the Right Hand to inflict higher damage due to the Right-Hand Mastery giving 100% ATK and Left-Hand Mastery only at 80% ATK (as explained earlier). (See 1st & 3rd Screenshots to see the difference)

Hope this helps! Cheers! /gawi

• Like 1
  • No1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghaspar said:

• If you remove the Left Hand weapon, your double attack damage decreases. This means that the double attack's total damage is calculated considering the total cumulative ATK from both the Left Hand and Right Hand weapons. (See 2nd Screenshot) 

Interesting. It's been ages since I played DD myself so I only went by my memory of the visual effect ... and got decieved by it.
And another thing on the "wonky stuff in Ragnarok" list. :D

I guess I'll do a quick test of the skill damage calculation myself.

• No1 2

3 hours ago, DoucheEnrique said:

I guess I'll do a quick test of the skill damage calculation myself.

The results are in:

The claim is true, the base weapon ATK and refines of the off-hand weapon DO NOT affect skill damage but +ATK Cards in the weapon do.

• Envenom 10 shows an increase of exactly 60 ATK (which is from 2* 30 ATK from Zipper Bear)
  • Meteor Assault 9 shows an increase of exactly 240 ATK (which is the 400% skill modificator of 2* 30 ATK from Zipper Bear)
  • Soul Breaker 10 shows an increase of roughly 780 ATK which, given the random INT Bonus, probably is from the Zipper Bear too
    If the skill would apply 80% of the off-hand weapons ATK there should be at least 1k more damage
  • Like 2
  • No1 1

1 hour ago, DoucheEnrique said:

The claim is true, the base weapon ATK and refines of the off-hand weapon DO NOT affect skill damage but +ATK Cards in the weapon do.

Active skills in this video do clearly show no importance of the off-hand's base ATK and refines. Nice job on the test. /no1

• Like 1
  • No1 1

Posted (edited)

Can you equip a Clean Haedonggum and see if its ATK still adds or not in the active skills, though?

Just curious if nothing will happen.

Edited by Ghaspar

2 hours ago, Ghaspar said:

Can you equip a Clean Haedonggum and see if it's ATK still adds or not in the active skills, though?

Just curious if nothing will happen.

I already changed my Sin back to the old build. But I doubt using a clean Haed would do anything else but "not give the 60 ATK from 2* Zipper Bear"
Maybe ill check that later

Thank you all, didnt even know my topic has reply because no notification from main page /oops

On 4/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, Mawanmeabeab2 said:

Afaik, Left hand, basically used for utility (slot matters) - baphomet, phreooni, kiel, sniper, whereas, right hand (preferably high atk wpn) is carded with dmg boost card.

But, ive seen full dmg build too, carded with full tg, QS and such, makes me wonder how effective these would be.

Should I use 3 doppel card on left hand or 2 are enough ?

1 hour ago, Fox Sauce said:

Thank you all, didnt even know my topic has reply because no notification from main page /oops

Should I use 3 doppel card on left hand or 2 are enough ?

Use 2 doppels if you want to spec agi, 3 if you want to spec vit.

Posted (edited)

Yep, use more doppel if you want to cut your agi, and use phreoni / queen scaraba to cut your dex; that way, you can pump more str and vit.

Ps: 

credit to both Ghaspar & Douche guy.

Edited by Mawanmeabeab2

I think I will need 3 doppel because even with 90 AGI and 2 doppel I cant reach 190 ASPD max 186

22 minutes ago, Fox Sauce said:

I think I will need 3 doppel because even with 90 AGI and 2 doppel I cant reach 190 ASPD max 186

That's because aside from 2 doppels, you'll need the Dragon Manteau + Dragon Vest Set with ASPD+3 enchantment. And, don't forget your Awakening Potion as well. How 'bout accessories? Sure, you'll need Celebs (If not Bris). 

About the accessories, if you can't afford Celebration Rings yet, you can use Bradium Broochs and Enchanted ASPD +3% for your Armor.

I use 186 ASPD, with my DD Sinx who has 220 + flee, Decent Vit, 20K+ HP. 190 ASPD isn't a must if your damage is great enough. Triple doppel means you cut off

an essential card like Bapho or Phreeoni or TG.

I do take hits from higher level mob clusters but usually drop them fast enough to not make the damage bad.