Potteroulis

About baphomet card

15 hours ago, Potteroulis said:
  • does auto steal/snatcher works on splash damage on each monster?
  • does double attack of thief works on splash damage on each monster?

1. Yes in terms of contributing to a higher proc rate perhaps, but only one monster(main target) is affected and not others.

2. Yes in terms of contributing to a higher proc rate perhaps, but only one monster(main target) will receive the double atk not others.

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua

31 minutes ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

1. Yes in terms of contributing to a higher proc rate perhaps, but only one monster(main target) is affected and not others.

2. Yes in terms of contributing to a higher proc rate perhaps, but only one monster(main target) will receive the double atk not others.

Both are wrong.

OP, check out the guide.

Auto-steal is just an auto-cast Steal. All auto-cast of skills on enemy (while attacking) only proc on the main target. Everything else is irrelevant.

Double Attack splashes on Baphomet AoE but these double attacks are not registered in the battle log somehow (Again, check the link to the guide)

With the special exemption of Alchemy Glove as it has a special script that lets it proc on every damage you do.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, My Wife for Hire said:

Double Attack splashes on Baphomet AoE but these double attacks are not registered in the battle log somehow (Again, check the link to the guide)

Why is it that my main target is always the first one to be killed whenever I farm in Magma Dungeon 2 while equipping an auto-cast "Double Atk"? I had to click again for another mob to continue killing the majority. 

If I farm without the "double atk", my main target gets killed along with the other mobs?

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua

Hi Brother @Reclusio Perpetua /gawi

This was explained by @My Wife for Hire in this post, and was demonstrated in this vid.

Things to consider, however are, if 1- your weapon is overupgraded inflicting random damage output for each monster, and 2- your weapon might have a card which does not benefit to Baphomet's splash. Hence, the other mobs receive damage are less than the main target.

It was actually a relief and encouraging to know such thing. :)

Edited by Ghaspar

Just now, Ghaspar said:

@My Wife for Hireand was demonstrated in this vid.

In this vid we see that one mushroom was beaten before the other cause of the fact that there was a double attack on the main mushroom and the second mushroom lived longer

4 hours ago, My Wife for Hire said:

Auto-steal is just an auto-cast Steal. All auto-cast of skills on enemy (while attacking) only proc on the main target. Everything else is irrelevant.

So only one auto steal from group of monsters / it's a pity ...

6 minutes ago, Potteroulis said:

In this vid we see that one mushroom was beaten before the other cause of the fact that there was a double attack on the main mushroom and the second mushroom lived longer

start the vid at around 2:20 and you will see both mushrooms die at the same time despite only the main mushroom receives double attack animation.

Btw, i have a dual dagger SinX who utilise the Baphomet Card in Geff and there are many times where the non-main target dies first. /ok

Edited by Ghaspar

Just now, Ghaspar said:

start the vid at around 2:20 and you will see both mushrooms die at the same time despite only the main mushroom receives double attack animation.

But on 0:27 not at the same time for some reason ?..

Just now, Ghaspar said:

Btw, i have a dual dagger SinX who utilise the Baphomet Card in Geff and there are many times where the non-main target dies first. /ok

Different type of monsters with different hp?

4 minutes ago, Potteroulis said:

Hmm... But in this case, wouldn't you expect the Black Mushroom to die first because it's the one getting the Double Attack? If anything, this makes it more likely that Double Attack chance is applying to each mushroom at separate rates i.e. %chance on Black and %chance on Red rather than %chance on both Black and Red, or just %chance on Black alone.

Edited by AG.

Just now, AG. said:

Hmm... But in this case, wouldn't you expect the Black Mushroom to die first because it's the one getting the Double Attack? 

The point here is that a double attack on secondary targets does not have animation, but damage must be credited and all monsters die at the same time...or not?

11 minutes ago, Potteroulis said:

The point here is that a double attack on secondary targets does not have animation, but damage must be credited and all monsters die at the same time...or not?

That instance at 0:27 on the video actually kinda supports this. Like, if you look at the logs, Black Mushroom received a total of 16 damage, but Red Mushroom only received a total of 12. They both have 15 health according to the DB, but for some reason, the Red Mushroom died earlier. This makes it seem that in 12 hits, the Red Mushroom had already received ≧15 damage, while, according to the logs, the Black Mushroom has only received a total of 14 damage. This means Black Mushroom received Double Attack twice, while Red Mushroom has received it more than twice already meaning the Double Attack roll was done separately on each target.

As explained here:

On 6/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, My Wife for Hire said:

To explain the Double Attack:

Hide contents

Check the battle log while watching the video. Specifically, check the times when I'm attacking both the Red and Black Mushrooms like at the beginning and at 2:20

You'll see that there are double entries for one mushroom when double attack happens, but only one entry on the splashed mushroom.

However, several things happen over the course of the testing:
- The "main" mushroom dies first after receiving several double attacks.
- The "main" mushroom that receives double attacks survives while the "splashed" mushroom dies first.
- Both mushrooms die even though battle logs do not show the "splashed" mushroom receiving any additional damage.

Note that summoned plants always spawn at max health, so it's a consistent gauge of 15 hits per trial.

Several instances show the "splashed" mushroom dies first, but battle logs do not show any additional damage on the "splashed" mushroom. It is expected that all damages should register in the battle log, and yet this happens.

So...

Conclusion:
- Double Attack stacks with Baphomet Card, but not in the way everyone expects it to.
- Each monster within the Baphomet card's area of effect gets a separate roll for Double Attack.
- This "Splashed Double Attack" does not register in the battle log for some reason.

TL;DR = It just stacks but you don't see it.

Edited by AG.

6 hours ago, Potteroulis said:

6 hours ago, Potteroulis said:

Different type of monsters with different hp?

^Both these are actually supported by this below:

6 hours ago, AG. said:

Double Attack chance is applying to each mushroom at separate rates i.e. %chance on Black and %chance on Red rather than %chance on both Black and Red

Plants receive 1 damage per damage instance regardless of damage magnitude. For the sake of clarifying the interaction between Baphomet card splash and Double Attack, we must first separate normal monsters from plants with 15 HP.

On normal monsters, when Double Attack happens:
1. Main target receives full damage (in yellow number) in two damage instances.
2. Secondary target receives full damage (in white number) in one damage instance.

On plants, when Double Attack happens:
1. Main target receives 2 damage, 1 for each damage instance.
2. Secondary target receives 1 damage (reduced from 2) as one damage instance.

Now, we must also know that the splash mechanic has a very specific rule (or at least I think so) that disallow auto-casts to proc on the secondary targets, as well as splashing damage from skills unless coded otherwise. Double Attack works a little differently than most skills; not having the name of the skill appearing overhead is one. For a chance, it increases an attack damage by 50% but deals the total damage as two identical damage instances - (75% damage per instance, if you must know).

For simplicity's sake, we can consider it works the same way as critical hits - you can only see visual effect on the main target but not on the secondary targets. This also means, it can proc on secondary targets but not on the main target.

• Like 2
  • No1 1