Sign in to follow this  
Bluebook Pet

Combo Monk advice for Stats to focus on

Hi,

Just for fun guys, I'm planning to create a combo monk. What would you suggest as a good end stat?Currently I have a rough breakdown of stats in mind:

STR: 70 - 80+

AGI: 70 - 80+

VIT: 40-50+

INT: 30-40+

DEX:  50 - 60 +

LUK: left over points

This is pretty much my stats when i played classic RO way way back before so I'm not sure if still feasible. If you might wonder why I don't put 90+ on agi cause again this is only from my past experiences its hard to complete the chain of combos if your attacking too fast

For acolyte skills I'm still planning to  max agi up and blessing since in my opinion main stats for a combo monk are STR, DEX, AGI and INT for the sp cost (hoping I'm right heheheh :D ), and get Pneuma as well.

For the gears,I'm still deciphering the forum archives and the item database and  still undecided , maybe I'll settle for Eden equips for the meantime since I'm just starting and don't have enough zeny yet.

I'm also thinking is it better to get a Sage partner or a Soul Linker (SL) partner? I can get endows from Sages but Kaahi and Kaizel from SL are neat. The only thing I'm worried about with SL buffs is that Kaahi continuous SP requirement every time you get hit might deprive you with SP to do combos.

Any feedback appreciated

Regards,

Bliu

Edited by Bluebook Pet
Grammar

I'd say, keep your STR to the highest multiple of 10's whenever possible, just to maximize the damage from the combos. The rest of the stats distribution seems fine; once you have enough to get a GEC carded footgear, you can opt to lower the INT and fill those status points into VIT instead.

You can also choose a Priest class as your leveling/marriage partner. Kyrie Eleison and marriage SP Heal enables you to easily chain your combos into Asura Strike at a quicker and economical rate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bluebook Pet said:

I'm also thinking is it better to get a Sage partner or a Soul Linker (SL) partner? I can get endows from Sages but Kaahi and Kaizel from SL are neat. The only thing I'm worried about with SL buffs is that Kaahi continuous SP requirement every time you get hit might deprive you with SP to do combos.

Hi, as for the SL partner, hope this helps. 😁

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

@GM Radius

Thanks. Just to clarify GEC carded boots provide natural SP recovery and HP, right? 

Is it worth it to invest on a Greatest General Card? I'm kind a doubting the card effect will proc that often.

@bluesclues

Yah, I forgot about the SL link abilities, i'll consider that on my drawing board.

Edited by Bluebook Pet

16 minutes ago, Bluebook Pet said:

@GM Radius

Thanks. Just to clarify GEC carded boots provide natural SP recovery and HP, right? 

Is it worth it to invest on a Greatest General Card? I'm kind a doubting the card effect will proc that often.

@bluesclues

Yah, I forgot about the SL link abilities, i'll consider that on my drawing board.

GEC carded footgear provides fixed HP and SP recovery. It's not natural recovery.

I'd say Greatest General card isn't worth buying since you can have Horn of Hillslion for the auto-cast (with higher rate) at later stage. However, if you don't see yourself reaching the requirement soon, GG card can serve as a temporary utility.

As for Monk Spirit, that is definitely an underused buff. I do hope to see it becoming a meta soon though.

• Thanks 1

@GM radius 

That's interesting, I might use that SL link buff and share some feedback about this. Just a hypothesis it seems the support buff of SL and GEC will complement well with combo monk.

I'll create a summary of my progress once I got my plan monk created

Kaahi will help since you will dodge most attacks anyway, so the sp drain won't be too significant. Optimally you'd want to engage monsters 1v1, 3 or more will drop your flee. You can still opt to use your own Heal instead. 

If you don't have GEC yet, monk spirit is useful for conserving sp. It's still not advised to engage mobs even with aoe combo finish as it will still take too long to finish off a group especially with Kaahi which will drain your sp and because you still have to chain into combo finish as well as only being able to normally use it twice in quick succession before running low on spheres. 

Also don't forget to job 50!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

Kaahi will help since you will dodge most attacks anyway, so the sp drain won't be too significant. Optimally you'd want to engage monsters 1v1, 3 or more will drop your flee. You can still opt to use your own Heal instead. 

If you don't have GEC yet, monk spirit is useful for conserving sp. It's still not advised to engage mobs even with aoe combo finish as it will still take too long to finish off a group especially with Kaahi which will drain your sp and because you still have to chain into combo finish as well as only being able to normally use it twice in quick succession before running low on spheres. 

Also don't forget to job 50!

Will take that in consideration. Cheers,

Bliu

GEC would eliminate the need of int (unless you want asura?), doppel would eliminate agi but you probably want cheaper flee build on general places, hence you can pump more dex for casting time. Refined bloodied shackle ball (rental item) might be a better filler until you get better gear (or item drop like mimic carded). Get to champ asap, since cheap decent mace (carga or luna kaleet) is on trans only. Pneuma may be not an option when you're monk since too many skills? just take it when you farm on ranged monsters.

Edited by kolela
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kolela said:

GEC would eliminate the need of int (unless you want asura?), doppel would eliminate agi but you probably want cheaper flee build on general places, hence you can pump more dex for casting time. Refined bloodied shackle ball (rental item) might be a better filler until you get better gear (or item drop like mimic carded). Get to champ asap, since cheap decent mace (carga or luna kaleet) is on trans only. Pneuma may be not an option when you're monk since too many skills? just take it when you farm on ranged monsters.

Yup your right about pneuma, in old days I only use pneuma if there are orc archers nearby when I'm hunting orcs. Its kinda annoying if someone's hitting you from afar, while doing combos.

Edited by Bluebook Pet

Combo monks are useful when your low geared or have no gear. You get teleport heals buffs from aco tree free. You can buff your partner if you find one. And do ok damage to solo and can asura for damage if needed. All these things are fun in classic ro where progression is slow but in TRO that kind of grind is not needed. You can do better with other build. You can still play combo champ here as casual fun.

Stats str 10x max possible, dex 10x enough hit to hit target, agi 30x round off your aspd when fully buffed, int 30x round off your heal increase, rest in vit

Skills go for job 50 aco very important get bless max. Inc agi, wrap level 2 to take you to place you want to hunt, later you can take asura. Blade stop is very nice if you want to asura hard non mvp monsters cus your cast time will be slow. Or you can take combos.

Gears as i said you play combo monk when your low geared. just focus on weapon first and then damage reduction gears like race shield, garment.

Edan gears, NPC stunner, are good in start always use concentration potion for aspd.

That is my general advice.

Edited by Mercer