Sign in to follow this  
Ghaspar

SinX | Dual-Wielding (Basic Mechanics)

9 hours ago, Phanman said:

Additionally that seems to result in multiplying by a negative value at off-hand skill level 5

That was a typo. I have missed to put OHP (Off Hand Penalty %) which has to be added. Also, the 0.80 is not fixed, it should be replaced as OHP as well. The formula has been revised accordingly. Apologies for that. (Been working on my monthly report when I did that /heh)

The Revised Formula then is:

Damage Output = (MC+1*MH+OHP*OH)*EP*[OHP+(0.29-0.07*Off Hand Skill Level)]

Let's apply that, shall we? Using the same weapons, Main Gauche and Jujube Dagger

Off Hand Level 1: (171+1*43+0.40*39)*2*[0.40+(0.29-0.07*1)] Damage Output = 284 Double Attack = 568 Actual (In-Game) Damage = 563
Off Hand Level 2: (171+1*43+0.50*39)*2*[0.50+(0.29-0.07*2)] Damage Output = 303 Double Attack = 606 Actual (In-Game) Damage = 603
Off Hand Level 3: (171+1*43+0.60*39)*2*[0.60+(0.29-0.07*3)] Damage Output = 322 Double Attack = 644 Actual (In-Game) Damage = 643
Off Hand Level 4: (171+1*43+0.70*39)*2*[0.70+(0.29-0.07*4)] Damage Output = 342 Double Attack = 684 Actual (In-Game) Damage = 683
Off Hand Level 5: (171+1*43+0.80*39)*2*[0.80+(0.29-0.07*5)] Damage Output = 362 Double Attack = 724 Actual (In-Game) Damage = 722

Off Hand (Level 1 to Level 4) Screenshots (Level 5 already done in the guide above)

Spoiler
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4
638497939_Elemental3(forPhanmanL1).jpg.8cd24f8cfd8716bd0beb5eeb5a2459d7.jpg 1687151623_Elemental3(forPhanmanL2).jpg.a48bcad04fcdc6c5ddbc51155bc20764.jpg 1910918475_Elemental3(forPhanmanL3).jpg.c825248f0ee4bcfc3e008884d2dc4426.jpg 532736028_Elemental3(forPhanmanL4).jpg.86bab423d37cde62aad416499a0b4228.jpg

Now, that's as close as I can get. 

I have no idea whatsoever where (0.29-0.07*Off Hand Skill Level) came from, so you lost me there : O

Me neither /heh. But this is the Equation of Element Multiplier Penalty I got to get the best results. At least we got it. /ok

But regarding the earlier formula,

THAT was just plain wrong. I stand corrected, and I appreciated the analysis you've given. Made look into it. 

Guide Updated. /gawi

• Like 1

This is how Engineers make a Guide :D good job @Ghaspar , greeting engineer /bo

• No1 1

48 minutes ago, ~Lunox said:

This is how Engineers make a Guide :D good job @Ghaspar , greeting engineer /bo

Hi @~Lunox!!! /bo Nice seeing you landing in here /no1

• No1 1

@Phanman wew..you sure are complicating things with your intricate formulas, man. Here's a quick suggestion: why not have an array of daggers and decide which pairs are the best to use depending on your situation? That's what I do, and that's what I think most of the (few) DD's on this server do anyway. Just have fun and well, tone down on the math and all. It kinda spoils the scene. /heh 

Well, tbh, I appreciated it. It improved the guide and leads the readers more correctly. It's always better seen early than late. /ok

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghaspar said:

Well, tbh, I appreciated it. It improved the guide and leads the readers more correctly. It's always better seen early than late. /ok

yup, i do too. but let's be honest here, dual wielding always casts a shroud of mystery and amazement to wielders and other players alike and that, by itself, is the very reason why I chose to go down the path. i am a sucker for formulas as well as i seek to maximize my damage output in every way possible, but i try to keep the complicated stuff to a controllable level, to strike a balance where it gets quite geeky but still super fun nonetheless. 

Posted (edited)

This took way longer than I expected and still don't feel 100% satisfied with the outcome but I (probably) won't spend more time on this:

TalonRO - Mechanics - Dual Wield (a video guide)

So to summarize:

• +% damage bonus is applied only to the main hand.
  • I remembered correctly, the off hand can not double attack. Only the damage of the main hand gets doubled. But...
  • ... if there is a weapon with VVS / Ranker bonus in the off hand Double Attack will double the VVS / Ranker bonus in the off hand.
  • Skill Attacks don't care for Dual Wield at all. Not just do they ignore the ATK of the off hand weapon they don't even check if you are dual wielding at all and what Mastery Level you have. You could skip all levels of Hand Masteries and your Dual Sword Soul Breaker would still do full damage.
  • Except for these cases the rest boils down to: Calculate each hands damage just like for a regular single weapon attack and multiply the total damage by the mastery damage factor.

Lastly there are some irritating deviations of per-hand-damage but when adding everything up the totals stay the same. Probably comes from weird coding or maybe rounding errors. I'd have to study the source code to make sense of this.

@Ghaspar
I don't know why but for some reason some of your numbers and especially those formulas seem off. Maybe you forgot to consider some factors like size penalty?

@Phanman
Hope this clears some questions you had.

Edited by DoucheEnrique
  • Like 1

^Thank you for this @DoucheEnrique! I have learned things in this video which deserve mentioning in the guide (you may have not noticed some of them). I will update the guide inserting these details and expanding it more. Allow me guys for some time. /gawi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Yumiko Yukio
      Assassin Cross Guide in Geffenia V 4.0
      UPDATED: April 19, 2019
      Requirements: 
      Triple Client (i'ts easy don't panic  ) THIS IS OPTIONAL, I just got back from game and even without bless you can still steal pretty well and fast. ( SINX AND MARRIED SOUL LINKER ONLY )  
      Bonus Bundle Stalker w/ Level 5 Compulsion Discount ( because every 1z counts )   Married Soul Linker ( Kaahi, Kaizel ) Merchant w/ Level 10 Overcharge Priest with just Level 10 Blessing ( OPTIONAL )  
      Use Stalker to purchase your consumables:
      Grapes: 150z
      Empty Bottle: 4z
      (Grape Juice making totals 157z)
      Fly wing: 45z
      Butterfly Wing: 225z

Target per 6 minutes Kaahi:
      30+ Mastela Fruits
      15+ Rings
      30+ White Herbs
      30+ Blue Potion

Gameplay 1: This is how I play inside Geffenia
      Park your Soul Linker and a low level Priest at Geffen City 
      Throw the Lament to the fountain until it opens the warp; Kaizel > Kaahi > Bless then rapidly press enter your SinX to enter geffenia
      Fly wing - Steal - if 1 Succubus/Incubus - Soul Breaker- Look around map w/out walking, DON'T BACKSLIDE - Fly wing
      Fly wing - Steal - if 2 or 3 Succubus/Incubus Steal - if mobbed, steal atleast 1 or 2 - Meteor Assault 3x - Look around~~ Fly wing
      If Kaahi runs out, still try to tele and hunt incubi/succubi ( best is to steal if you can or if not possible, spam Meteor Assault ) until you die and re-spawn because of Kaizel then warp back to town.
      PS: With 4minutes Blessing, you are 150 DEX and it is almost you are Instant Steal, this boosted my income today!  
      ~ Faster Steal
      ~ Faster Skill; Soul Breaker and Meteor Assault are Instant Casts
      Computations:
      Merchant Over Charge to NPC (white herbs to buying shops at geffen @ 600z each)

Gameplay 2: This is how I play inside Geffenia

ALT 1 = !return (instant tele back home Geffen City)
      ALT 2 = !identifyall (to identify all loots before storing them to kafra)
      Throw Lament to fountain, hit enter until the last chat box before you are getting warp
      Buffs ,bless-agi, Kaahi Kaizel
      now Hit enter on your assassin.
      if you land on any map that is NOT, i repeat NOT gefenia02 (most popular map with bridge and safe spot), use ALT 1 to fly back home enter the portal until u reach the correct map.
      Why you'll do this? instead of walking or using fly wing, for me, this is a lot faster, although some of you might say
      " meh you can still encounter buses along the way so it is even " 
      Well, i guess it is personal preference then hahaha   anyway, both game play will work so it is for you to try it out  
      Earnings: 
      30 Mastela Fruits x 5270z = 158,100z
      15 Rings x 17000 (Let's say average is 17,000z only because we can't tell if it's diamond, gold or silver; so this will be higher if you are lucky to get many diamond rings) = 255,000z
      30 White Herbs x 600 (don't sell lower than 600z, there are brewers opening a shop there at geffen buying 600z each, so save your white herbs if there is no one buying @ 600z ) = 18,000z
      30 Blue Potion x 3,100 = 93,000z

Total : 524,100 per 6mins Kaahi run
      1 hour = 60 minutes
      60/6 = 10
      524,100 x 10 =
      Gross Income :  5,241,000z

Expenses: 
      Per Kaahi run you will be needing
      100 Fly wing x 45 = 4,500z
      200 Grape Juices x 157z = 31,400z
      1 Butterfly Wing x 225z = 225z type or put in Macro ( ALT 1 in my case ) !return (it is free butterfly wing or tele to come back home) FREE!!!
      960z Doctor's Heal HP and SP x 10 = 9600  Having Bonus Bundle , Doctor heals your HP and SP for FREE!!!
      Total: 35,900z
      35,900 x 10 runs (for 1 hour total estimation) = 359,000z

NET INCOME: 5,241,000z - 359,000z
      NET INCOME = 4,882,000 zeny

Further details and explanations:
      These Calculations were updated and based on my experience as SinX in geffenia with the addition of  Blessing. Updated today March 22, 2017
      Net income may be higher, I just use the MOST amount of comsumables you will use inside the geffenia per 6 mins kaahi run. ( but i only use 80 fly wings per 6 min kaahi run )
      Computations for Gross Income may be higher too if you are so lucky that for every tele you make you will land in 2 to 3 or more incubi/succubi ( and if you got ring[1]  and Diamond Ring ) 
      And yes I calculate my Income by using this 6mins Kaahi x 10 to make a total of 60mins/1 hr run inside geffenia. Time used in transferring items to Kafra are not considered in this post.

For Reference, these are my Equipments on my Level 96/64 Sinx  and with the Addition of Blessing from a Priest
      +4 Lord Kaho's Horn STR+ 1 Mid [Marduk Card] Immune to Silence Chewing Gum +4 Formal Suit DEX+ 3 +4 Excalibur Fighting Spirit 6 and 5 [ATK 26 and HIT 10] +4 Ice pick Fighting Spirit 5 Double [ATK 24 and HIT 10] +4 Proxy Skin Fragment [Deviling Card] +4 Sleipnir [Eddga Card] 2x Celebration Ring Stats:
      STR: 99+49
      DEX: 99+51 ( So your MA and SBK are ICs )
      ATK: 659+56
      HIT: 266
      FLEE: 165
      LUK: 2+27
      ASPD: 139
      DEF: 34+13
      Subtract 10 points to the BOLD numbers after 4minutes when the Blessing runs out.
      I hope you find this post interesting and gave you an information on how an Assassin Cross works inside geffenia. If you have any suggestions or new ideas, please feel free to comment down below
       this is mine now April 19, 2019

PS: Yeah I use Eddga card instead of GEC card, why? Because it is easier to pick up loots; and even if you have GEC card you will still spam your Grape Juice  DAAAAAAAAAANG IT MINI DEMONS!!! 
      And if you find GEC more useful, use it or just use which card on shoes you are comfortable with. (Gameplay if GEC Shoes is to backslide in/out to the loots if you are being overmobbed)

As for Stats if you want to have INT for SBK, lower your STR or maybe  try 70+ to 80+ as long as STR is divisible by 10 and the excess points, put it in INT. ( they say you can 1 hit SBK incu/succu even without BK, maybe it is because of putting INT. Either way, both methods, set ups will work  )

Edits: Dual clienting works just SinX and a married soul linker.
      Assassin Cross Guide in Geffenia V 4.0
      UPDATED: April 19, 2019

THANK YOU! ❤️ 

• By Scopefield
      Hello TalonRO Peepz!
      I will be hosting a PvP Tournament Best-of-Class on 2-16-19 at 12:00 PM (Eastern Time).

About the tournament: First we will have each class will play 1 v 1 until we have one who beats all from the same class. The winner will be Best-of-Class. This will happen for all the classes. Once we have a Best-of-Class player for each class, there will be a final elimination round* for those who are Best-of-Class! The winner of this will be the PvP Champion.

*The final round depends on the classes we will have available at the time of the tournament (To be fair with other classes).

Rules:
      - No health consumables (cwp, cakes, etc.)
      - No pre-buffs.
      - MVP Items are allowed (Sorry vanilla players!)

Prizes:
      1) Each Best-of-Class champion will receive 5 TC.
      2) The PvP Champion will receive 20 TC and a Very Rare Costume.

Lets make this happen people!
      Leave IGN and class here for participation.

**Note: If a GM can help me out with this (PvP Map) to avoid spectators from attacking each other will be nice! If not its all good we can use a !duel map...
    • By Spyros
      Hi guys,
      What do you think about this SBK DD sinx PVP build? 

LKH
      Evil wing ears [BK] [STR+ 1]
      Chewing Bubble Gum
      Excalibur
      Main Gauche [Doppel, Doppel, TG, Queen Scaraba]
      Bone Plate [GR]
      Diablos Manteau [Deviling]
      Sleipnir [GEC]
      Brising [Ifrit] x2

I'm not too sure about the stats distribution but I'm thinking something like 99Int, 99dex

First time sinx here, go easy on me please

P.S. From my understanding reading https://wiki.talonro.com/After_Cast_Delay ,  higher ASPD will reduce the after cast delay of SBK, so I'm hoping I could spam SBK without Bragi with this build

Cheers.