GM Seiren

Dev Blog: Project Iduna - TalonRO goes rAthena

10 minutes ago, TheStranger said:

Any plans for adding additional character slots to game accounts, since we can now have per character genders? It would be nice to have both a clown and gypsy on the same account without deleting a character.

Also, will the swap to rAthena break currently existing homunculus and mercenary AI?

For now we'll stick to the existing amount of characters. Who knows in the future though.

AIs will work just fine, but older ones such as MirAI will be troublesome due to a new way of loading files.

• No1 1

Will the change let us have custom sprites for sqis with our in-game character models?  Or is it still hard coded to be impossible? 

(I thought impossible was nothing?😁)

wait, can we now have stat/skill/build saver? i think i nvr saw it mentioned anywhere. it will be such a great addition in QoL.

27 minutes ago, PrideFries said:

wait, can we now have stat/skill/build saver? i think i nvr saw it mentioned anywhere. it will be such a great addition in QoL.

That has nothing to do with the emulator software per se. We could implement that on eA already, it's just that we have no resources to code that up right now. We'll see what the future brings. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was just curious, can this new client now support effect minimizing commands ie. @shake (removes acid demo shaking effect and other shaking effects) to further improve gameplay especially in pvp/woe/bg scenario?

Edited by Bobito
  • Like 1
  • Fsh 1

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen it, but is the renewal client party ui gonna be a thing?
image.png.dc3b40baf3fe7e9bd7e09423b0714cf5.png

Edited by Askein
Derp'd

6 hours ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

Will the change let us have custom sprites for sqis with our in-game character models?  Or is it still hard coded to be impossible? 

(I thought impossible was nothing?😁)

Not really related to the client. Already is possible. See Artemis Bow.

4 hours ago, Bobito said:

I was just curious, can this new client now support effect minimizing commands ie. @shake (removes acid demo shaking effect and other shaking effects) to further improve gameplay especially in pvp/woe/bg scenario?

Not sure if this command exists officially.

57 minutes ago, Askein said:

I haven't seen it, but is the renewal client party ui gonna be a thing?
image.png.dc3b40baf3fe7e9bd7e09423b0714cf5.png

Yes.

• Fsh 1

13 hours ago, GM Phoenix said:

We can't confirm or deny that, however, it's definitely a possibility. :)

Please, dont make this server like any other. With God items and overpowered SQI' and all.

We're a low rare server with some adjustments. Dont want a server where you only need one equipment set, cause the rest can never tip that.

42 minutes ago, GM Seiren said:

Not really related to the client. Already is possible. See Artemis Bow.

I mean the other sqis such as Nibelungen, Aegis, Evangelist etc. But seeing as its not related to the client,  I'll take it as a no?  =/

1 minute ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

I mean the other sqis such as Nibelungen, Aegis, Evangelist etc. But seeing as its not related to the client,  I'll take it as a no?  =/

We need the sprites first. :D

• Fsh 1

34 minutes ago, DeliciousGreenApple said:

So it's possible!  🍏

Yes. The same way it's done on Artemis Bow. Just need the sprites.

• Fsh 1

6 hours ago, Aardappel said:

Please, dont make this server like any other. With God items and overpowered SQI' and all.

We're a low rare server with some adjustments. Dont want a server where you only need one equipment set, cause the rest can never tip that.

Balance doesnt mean to be OP...If you dont open ur mind for new things, suddenly ur fav game can be only a screenshot and videos...
Ragnarok has their OP classes even without any SQI.. a balance only can reduce the lack between the useful and useless. Unfortunately some classes need to have 2x more power and might still irrelevant when compared  with some classes like champs (they r like saijin when the rest are humans).. (bio: 70k dmg on mvps with NO SQI weapon) wiz (infinity dmg)...in my conception artemis isnt even a problem.. It is the Holy trinity...

CHAMP+BIO+WIZ= 

Resultado de imagem para trinity

BTw gravity made a banlance on classes 15 years after XD

6 hours ago, GM Seiren said:

Yes. The same way it's done on Artemis Bow. Just need the sprites.

🤔

• Love 1

Has the new updates something to do with Edda quest?

3 hours ago, cobijin said:

Has the new updates something to do with Edda quest?

Not at all.

• Sob 1

I'm looking forward to this very promising update. Hopefully we can have in the future the dressing room where we can choose the job sprite from non trans, trans, and if possible 3rd job sprites but retaining the pre-renewal aspects and metas.

That will not happen. As event items with a temporary effect maybe, but not as a permanent dressing through a npc. 

Well, a simple question I have is - when is that transition going to happen? I'm pretty certain you can't give out a timeframe, due to the simple fact that a single error along the way of the tests that are ran with the beta tests could throw back the time for weeks.

But, if everything were to go absolutely smooth, when would be the earliest to _potentially_ expect the transition?

Oh I'm so happy to hear it ! So with the new Client, Can we have  the new alternative outfit (just outlook) or can we upgrade the new animation for skills to make it looks more epic (Like some visual'skill updated of offical server recently) !

Just now, LangX said:

Oh I'm so happy to hear it ! So with the new Client, Can we have  the new alternative outfit (just outlook) or can we upgrade the new animation for skills to make it looks more epic (Like some visual'skill updated of offical server recently) !

On 4/25/2019 at 10:08 PM, JekyllVSHyde said:

I'm looking forward to this very promising update. Hopefully we can have in the future the dressing room where we can choose the job sprite from non trans, trans, and if possible 3rd job sprites but retaining the pre-renewal aspects and metas.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:56 AM, GM Boreas said:

That will not happen. As event items with a temporary effect maybe, but not as a permanent dressing through a npc. 

7 hours ago, -Jace- said:

Do we have any specific nerf to SQI?

That's not related to Iduna at all.

Was July 6, 2019 the official release date for the update or just a beta release for those who signed up? I haven't seen any changes in my client or UI or gameplay, which is why I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks!