A little something I put together.

IGN: RunningWild

summer raydric.png

• Heh 5
  • Love 4
  • Omg 1

Posted (edited)

Hmm free talon coins? I'm in!
I see many peoples here writing they in game nicknames. Can someone tell me what that for? Its first time when i participate in contest here, and i cant find anything about that on
IGN: Dramiel

Spoiler

Damn, i' so clumsy -_-

TalonroZealotus2.jpg.baf65648203c50dd758d461b354247c2.jpg

TalonroZealotus2.jpg

Edited by ColdHunter
  • Fsh 3
  • Love 6

52 minutes ago, ColdHunter said:

I see many peoples here writing they in game nicknames. Can someone tell me what that for?

To whom will the GM send the Talon Coins to, then? /ok

Nice artwork!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Veha said:

A couple more for fun! I'd have loved to do some more based on more of my favorite cities. Would have loved to do Morroc as well but probably won't have time. 😭

IGN: Nichoman

knihgyts.png

loemi.png

Entries must use original, never used before artwork and cannot be copied from someone else's work..

Concept on Ayo Postcard is already in 1st page ~

On 7/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, crayna said:

IGN: ChaosGenerator

Didn't notice that the image should be horizontal. I have fixed the drawing to fit in the size but attaching the original drawing as well.

001_horizontal.png.78e5369f93961f2a925544ce2431a7e5.png

001_small.png.c0fb573f19e0e15fb90986fcff682cff.png

Entries must use original, never used before artwork and cannot be copied from someone else's work

Again, another idea stolen.

• Love 1

I don't see any problems with their posts, you're going a bit far dude imo 😒 ...

Anyway if there is something wrong, GMs will tell them.

1 hour ago, Midgard Wanderer said:

Entries must use original, never used before artwork and cannot be copied from someone else's work..

Concept on Ayo Postcard is already in 1st page ~

Entries must use original, never used before artwork and cannot be copied from someone else's work

Mind to show us the originals then?

Skeptical until proven.

2 hours ago, Bifrost said:

Mind to show us the originals then?

Skeptical until proven.

TBF looking back I could see why I should reconsider my post! It's the use of the poring/pecopeco innertube as a design thematic. I have no problem pulling the piece out! It was an oversight on my part.

However I'd argue there is nothing wrong with Crayna's piece 😊

1 minute ago, Veha said:

TBF looking back I could see why I should reconsider my post! It's the use of the poring/pecopeco innertube as a design thematic. I have no problem pulling the piece out! It was an oversight on my part.

However I'd argue there is nothing wrong with Crayna's piece 😊

I don't think theres any problem with the tube designs. 

I post to raise awareness specially for the Judges since they're the one who made the rules.

It's all about the fairness, I have nothing against the artist themselves, they are all talented and appreciated.

In music world, there are A LOT of good bands (music artist) who can play music their own chosen genre. But not all of them write their own songs.

same as Art, they are A LOT of people who can make Traditional Art, Digital Art, Pixel Art ETC's but not all of them can think of their own Idea's and Concept's.

20 hours ago, Midgard Wanderer said:

can you show me the original artwork? i didn't use any reference artwork for my submission.

9 hours ago, crayna said:

can you show me the original artwork? i didn't use any reference artwork for my submission.

imo, it look liked the Munak who wears the PoringKini.

Munak is a well know monster in RO, you could've use it on a different way.

Munak, PoringKini, beside the beach
Yours is: Munak (hat and hair for distinction), Poring becames alive as monster (you could've use a different monster / poring), beside the beach (different pose).

Before entering the contest, you should've seen the other entries.
In that sense you'll have the general idea of what concepts were used.
You already seen that concept, sure the details are different but think about it.
How will feel if you're the artist who posted it first using that idea to see your concept that you took time and effort to draw was reused and redrawn better.
Wouldn't you be upset?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Midgard Wanderer said:

imo, it look liked the Munak who wears the PoringKini.

Munak is a well know monster in RO, you could've use it on a different way.

Munak, PoringKini, beside the beach
Yours is: Munak (hat and hair for distinction), Poring becames alive as monster (you could've use a different monster / poring), beside the beach (different pose).

Before entering the contest, you should've seen the other entries.
In that sense you'll have the general idea of what concepts were used.
You already seen that concept, sure the details are different but think about it.
How will feel if you're the artist who posted it first using that idea to see your concept that you took time and effort to draw was reused and redrawn better.
Wouldn't you be upset?

Umm... still haven't shown the comparison. Sorry but as a fellow artist you're being overly egregious with your claim. If we're gonna measure with this same rule then EVERYBODY here is going to be held accountable for plagiarism. I've been here for years and every summer entry is extremely similar to previous ones. I can boil it down to like 3 thematics:  summer night party, having fun in the beach and sometimes pool party. Everybody's entries are extremely similar when the thematic is about "summer".

Nobody owns a concept or a thematic. But here's a tip for you: claim for plagiarism is valid when the piece of artwork is so similar there's no creative input from the artist to obtain a different execution (of the same concept). The claim is usually used against traced art, stolen or copied from somewhere else with no credit attributed to the original.

2nd tip: Just beacuse someone else used Munak Hat and Poring in their entry doesn't mean the rest can't. They don't own the combination of subjects, that's ridiculous. If I were to measure with that same rule, then everybody drawing a human with summerwear/bikini is also plagiarism.

If you show me these are traced, copied or stolen. You have a point, otherwise your point holds no water.

PS: You still haven't told me how Veha's artwork is plagiarism. As far as I am concerned there's no similar pieces in this entire forum that say otherwise.

Edited by Bifrost

3 hours ago, Bifrost said:

Umm... still haven't shown the comparison. Sorry but as a fellow artist you're being overly egregious with your claim. If we're gonna measure with this same rule then EVERYBODY here is going to be held accountable for plagiarism. I've been here for years and every summer entry is extremely similar to previous ones. I can boil it down to like 3 thematics:  summer night party, having fun in the beach and sometimes pool party. Everybody's entries are extremely similar when the thematic is about "summer".

Nobody owns a concept or a thematic. But here's a tip for you: claim for plagiarism is valid when the piece of artwork is so similar there's no creative input from the artist to obtain a different execution (of the same concept). The claim is usually used against traced art, stolen or copied from somewhere else with no credit attributed to the original.

2nd tip: Just beacuse someone else used Munak Hat and Poring in their entry doesn't mean the rest can't. They don't own the combination of subjects, that's ridiculous. If I were to measure with that same rule, then everybody drawing a human with summerwear/bikini is also plagiarism.

If you show me these are traced, copied or stolen. You have a point, otherwise your point holds no water.

PS: You still haven't told me how Veha's artwork is plagiarism. As far as I am concerned there's no similar pieces in this entire forum that say otherwise.

Of course nobody owns a concept or thematic, but I also believe it isnt right to use similar ones for their own enteries especially an existing one is presented. If you have been here for years, you then know the hardships of trying to create thematics and concepts to make one's art shine.  Its extremely grueling  just making the art itself alive, so when you say that its okay to use thematics of similar concepts of earlier enteries, it means why bother making an original concept when you can just copy and claim it as your own.

Wouldnt you say that original means in terms of the current contest which is this (2019 SUMMER POSTCARD), meaning it should be a different thematic from others. Because if using the same thematics with just simple alterations is called original, then what is the gain of the original artist? NOTHING. Instead their hard work is then overshadowed.

Veha even replied.

I have pointed out what is needed in terms of this conversation. You can still continue if you shall desire but in my point of view, a person's behavior is shown on how they execute actions. We all want to win, but not utilizing others.

You used ragnarok sprites and the words "greetings" and "from" so you stole concept Midgard Wanderer ... 😅

Seriously your logic make no senses, the more you post the worst it get ...

• Love 1

Okay, let me put the whole plagiarism discussion to end with this:

This forum thread is for art submissions, and therefore the GM team will be the one to judge accordingly as per written rules. If anyone has any concern about fellow contestants not abiding the rules, feel free to send a PM to the event organizer.

• Love 3
  • No1 1

On 7/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, Veha said:

A couple more for fun! I'd have loved to do some more based on more of my favorite cities. Would have loved to do Morroc as well but probably won't have time. 😭

IGN: Nichoman

knihgyts.png

loemi.png

so u have a speedpaint channel? cause those backgrounds are LIT (and i dont' use that word often)