annr

I am new to Assassin, pls help

Posted (edited)

I play RO online back in 2010 and play GC Crusader at lvl 98 when the server closed.

Please take look at my assassin screen shot here.

I am currently killing high orc with 99.9% crit, not sure why my attack misses sometimes.

What should I do next? what should my stats be? what should I get for equipment.

Thank you

screenTalonRO000.jpg.01214c8b73299ac7e16c4d61380abf3c.jpg

Edited by annr
delete picture

Attack misses because maybe you're KSing? Or probably someone recently died while the dead player KS is active.  

You should focus on Rebirthing if that is your first character.

3 hours ago, annr said:

not sure why my attack misses sometimes.

The Cursed Brooch might be the culprit. Upon getting Cursed your LUK becomes 0 reducing your Crit rate by approximately 15 (based on your 45 LUK). Landing a Crit is further reduced by the High Orc's LUK of 40.

Also, based on your equips, I can see you aim to go for the Morrigane's Set which means you're still missing the other 2 accessories, namely the Morrigane's Belt and Morrigane's Pendant before enjoying the set's Bonus Stats and Effects.

I can judge by the equips you have where you are right now financially. I'd try completing the Morrigane's Set first and just improve the equips later on. Also, with that FLEE, I think you'd do good in Sleepers. Just have your weapon endowed by Fire, either from a Sage or from a Flame Elemental Converter.

Good Luck!

Posted (edited)

My thoughts (sorted by cost)

• get a Lunatic pet if you don't have one already +2 ATK +2 CRIT for the cost of 1 carrot juice every 30 minutes is pretty awesome for beginning Katar Critter
  • exchange Thief Clothes and Manteau with Pantie+Undershirt combo > DEF will be a little lower but you get more AGI (and thus ASPD) and FLEE
  • get Bunny Slipper for footgear +3 LUK helps a bit with CRIT but most importantly once you can afford it you can slot it with GEC creating a universal (all classes except novice) GEC footgear for all your characters not just this one
  • instead of the Morrigane combo I recommend going for individual CRIT gear because first you don't need a full set of (not exactly cheap) gear before it really starts being useful and second you free up the upper headgear for LKH or Valk
    • Thief Rings - at 90+ AGI you get a whooping +10 ATK and CRIT for each ring and if you manage to get STR to 90+ you also get +10 FLEE (the +10 HIT is nice to have for the occasional skill use)
    • overupgraded Chung E garment - a +8 Cursed Hood is +8 CRIT and +3 LUK and together with double Thief Rings you alread get more CRIT than from the whole Morrigane set
    • Gryphon (mid) headgear - +20 CRIT ... need i say more? well overall CRIT bonus goes down with rising STR but even at 90 STR you still get a massive bonus to CRIT

For farming I'd also recommend Sleepers.  If you manage to raise your CRIT high enough so you dont need the 3 SS cards anymore I'd suggest getting a Fire and Ice Katar and go for both Sleepers and Goats because: more targets for killing = less time spent walking around = overall more EXP+Loot/hour

Edited by DoucheEnrique

Short-term changes

Grab a pantie + undershirt. The combo there gives you +5 AGI and +15 FLEE (so 20 FLEE in total). With that AGI/flee, you can drop your agi down to 61 base and put the rest into STR. With so much more STR, you will do a *lot* more DPS even though you will attack slower.

Start carrying around Holy Water. They can be mass-made by priests easily and they cure curse. That will solve your problems with sometimes being cursed and missing your crits.

Your next target piece of gear should be a +1 STR Mid with a Gryphon Card. This will add you a shitton of crit (like 14%ish before SinX double bonus). That would let you drop your LUK down from ~45ish down to like ~1. That's a lot more stat points to put into STR.

In case you haven't noticed, you basically need a lot more STR. You'll want to get your STR up above your AGI as soon as possible, and really don't even consider pushing harder for more AGI/ASPD until your STR is 85+.

In your current gear with your low STR, I suspect you will do almost no DPS to sleepers. Your crits are probably for like 300 damage and you attack like twice per second, right? That's like 15 seconds per sleeper.

Before going off to sleepers and wasting your time, grab an Earth katar and swap to a dex build to have sufficient hit for Hill Winds. Walk around, gathering them up and Stealing from them for their feathers. Their feathers sell for ~800z/ea if you have a Merchant with 10/10 Overcharge. You will get roughly 2.5k per Hill Wind this way, and you can gather them in packs of 5-10+ before Hiding and Grimtoothing them down. Done this way, you will be able to earn upwards of 1.5m per hour of grinding.

This means roughly 10 hours of work will get you your +1 STR Gryphon Mid, freeing up all that LUK to become STR as I discussed before. At that point, you can probably roll with a build like this:

https://calc.talonro.com/?_S07DjExyTcKMTHJLckpMAsODwoLCisKcw4TDhMKkwqDCjMOEADBMTDVNwoTCgcOsw5DDhMOEw7LDjFTCl8OUw5JUw7/DhMOEwpzCosOEw4TCtHwgLk1Mw4wsA8OSwqnCqWnCicOpcMOFSUDCnMOsC2J5JA4eAAA

Highlights:

93 base str
89 base agi
15 base luk
100% crit vs sleepers
95% dodge vs sleepers
5.5s average fight duration

So that's when I'd second going to Sleepers, but skip the fire/ice katars. Just make a sage and enchant yourself with fire so you can kill them. Farming enough to get a fire katar and sufficient alternate crit gear would be a huge waste of time/money.

Mid-term changes

Transcending won't do you much, but you might find yourself bored at 99 and want to transcend. If you decide to do this, note that the only thing really worth obtaining after you transcend would be a Dragon Vest and Dragon Manteau combo. They will substantially increase your DEF from the Pantie/Undershirt combo, give you some MDEF, and give you 5 more FLEE and 1 more AGI than the Pantie/Undershirt combo. Importantly, you will also unlock two more card slots. The DV card slot won't be very useful to you just yet, but you can put a Kavach Icarus or Whisper card into the Dragon Manteau for another 20 FLEE, which can be useful in some instances where you're overmobbed by Sleepers.

I'd hate to say it, but there just isn't much better you can do for a while. You'll be stuck making around 1-1.5m/hour at Sleepers for a long time, while you watch lv70 Monks sporting +5 Stunners who are killing Sleepers faster than you with nothing but Undershirt+Pantie. It might be around this time that you decide to abandon your Assassin for 7 years while you make a champion and gear up every other character on your account before finally having a few billion lying around to go back to the retired SinX. That's the Values approach, anyway.

Longer term changes

However, assuming you didn't abandon your Assassin for some crazy reason...

For almost every class in the game, I'd say that natural gear progression looks like GEC boots > LKH > celebs > SQI.

However, for Crit SinX, I'd say you want Twin Fang before anything else (excepting the +1 STR Mid with a Gryphon Card). This is because every other Katar in the game is basically dogshit. Twin Fang has more attack than any other Katar (or thereabouts) while also maintaining 4 slots (like a specialty jur) and incredible SQI buffs. It's also the cheapest SQI in the game at around 105-110m. Truly, the class doesn't even begin until you get your first TF.

For a first TF, I'd go for cards like DBMS - Doppelganger, Bapho, Mobster, Sniper. Justification is simply:

• Doppel increases attack speed by a lot, and makes it possible to hit 190 ASPD if you have good AGI (which you should). You don't want a second one of these unless you want to end up with like 0 agi (which means way way way less flee).
  • Bapho lets you cleave, which basically enables you to double your damage by simply pulling 2 monsters. In almost every case, this is correct. It enables you to pull packs of 5 sleepers and nuke them all down together. Nothing else even competes.
  • Mobster gets a lot of flak from people who are clueless, but it's +15% crit damage which can splash from the baphomet effect, while a turtle general card (+20% damage) will not splash and will just cause you to kill your primary target early. The additional +4 crit is a nice little bonus since you won't have ifrit bris's for a long time. 
  • Sniper is the weakest card here, but I've found that it actually contributes consistent enough healing that I appreciate the effect. You could go with a second mobster card if you don't mind potting sometimes or plan to have a nearby healer. The +4 extra crit will remain useful for a long time, but will eventually be basically useless once your set fills out. Do not go with a second Doppel (see justification above)

From there, you want very long-term stuff: Valkyrie helm, Brisingamens with Ifrit cards, and the works.

• Fsh 1

Hello everyone

Thank you so much for all the info. I went to the sleeper and the exps were good plus good zeny.

I will try different ways of lvling up suggested here too.

thanks, really appreciate it. 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:30 AM, Values said:

Mid-term changes

Transcending won't do you much, but you might find yourself bored at 99 and want to transcend. If you decide to do this, note that the only thing really worth obtaining after you transcend would be a Dragon Vest and Dragon Manteau combo. They will substantially increase your DEF from the Pantie/Undershirt combo, give you some MDEF, and give you 5 more FLEE and 1 more AGI than the Pantie/Undershirt combo. Importantly, you will also unlock two more card slots. The DV card slot won't be very useful to you just yet, but you can put a Kavach Icarus or Whisper card into the Dragon Manteau for another 20 FLEE, which can be useful in some instances where you're overmobbed by Sleepers.

I'd hate to say it, but there just isn't much better you can do for a while. You'll be stuck making around 1-1.5m/hour at Sleepers for a long time, while you watch lv70 Monks sporting +5 Stunners who are killing Sleepers faster than you with nothing but Undershirt+Pantie. It might be around this time that you decide to abandon your Assassin for 7 years while you make a champion and gear up every other character on your account before finally having a few billion lying around to go back to the retired SinX. That's the Values approach, anyway.

what card should I get with the dragon vest and should I get the one with 3% aspd?

7 hours ago, annr said:

what card should I get with the dragon vest and should I get the one with 3% aspd?

You should go with the Dragon Vest that has +3 STR. It's definitely the best choice long-term because assassins will always have 80+, and, ultimately, 90+ STR, so those stat points will cost the most. By raw damage, an extra STR breakpoint will always be more DPS than anything else once you have decent gear. It's okay to grab something temporary early (like AGI/ASPD/FLEE with something like Alicel), but ultimately you want to end up with a +3 STR one.  

The card is up to you. It mainly depends on what you're doing. Good options include:

1. Elemental cards (Bathory, Pasana, Swordfish, Evil Druid, etc)
2. Utility cards (Garm for +10 DEF, RSX for immunity to knockback)
3. Offensive cards (Gloom Under Night vs holy/demon/angel/darkness, Ktullanux vs fire)
4. Low-cost general cards (Alicel for +10 FLEE; not a great card but fine for an all-arounder and much cheaper than some other options on the list).

IMO, probably the first one you'd want to grab would be Bathory. It's useful in a lot of areas, with Geffenia being one of them.  

As for the Dragon Manteau, some primary options there are any of the +20 FLEE options (Whisper, Kavach Icarus, etc), Giant Whisper (10 ATK & 10 FLEE), and Deviling (-50% Neutral, +50% from elements)

Edited by Values

+3 Dex is also an option especially in Geffenia. It gives you better steal chance, and casting time reduction for those high dex monsters, succubus and incubus. +3% aspd is usually low impact unless you stack more % aspd (which will make your armor set worse), since % aspd works on remaining delay instead of direct bonus.

Say your aspd without buff and gears is 180, % aspd is NOT calculated like 180 * 1.03 = 185.4 -> 185 since it's always rounded down

but something like 200 - [(200 - 180) * (100%  - 3%)] = 200 - (20 * 97%) = 200 - 19.4 = 180.6 -> 180

or more realistically 200 - [(200 - 180) * (100% - 15% (awakening potion) - 3% (armor bonus))] = 200 - (20 * 82%) = 200 - 16.4 = 183.6 -> 183

Edited by kolela

Thank you guys. Here is a screen shot of what i have now. please let me know the changes i need to make.

I am currently lvl 82.  I got all the cards beside the GEC for the bunny Slipper. 

Untitled.jpg.fde0f6f1b0ad71c34f86709b82f8fbfd.jpg

• No1 1

Gec card wont help much, if you are on auto attack critical build, unless you plan on playing other class.

Try these instead :

1. Lady tanee - more hp, as you have high agi to begin with.

2. Moonlight flower , dex +5 and fast move.

3. Eddga - no more flinching.

4. Mysteltain - more atk & flee.

Devilling for garment, or raydric is fine too.

And do pirate dagger quest for lower headgear, pretty easy.

Ahh , one more thing, you might wanna check on enhanced variant shoes for your shoes, i think its the best shoe before sleipnir (as it grants you with +12 % hp sp, and a slot).

Edited by Mawanmeabeab2

Here's my sinx gears if ever you're interested in Vanilla PvP/WoE/BG. I have cheaper gears than you overall (using Eden Gears) but I still can crit a lot even against high luk players and even monsters.

screenTalonRO673.jpg.f444533a8ebbee8abc8908fd36b3656e.jpg

screenTalonRO674.jpg.6e0c249b09f26f02b520b5894d23e8b6.jpgscreenTalonRO675.jpg.55977f5a69ea4dcafacccc74cc6e26bc.jpgscreenTalonRO676.jpg.0fd496b86aa13618a16bb4b929b16c4c.jpg

screenTalonRO677.jpg.7677c52e3fb6b7372c2b0c86103e42b8.jpgscreenTalonRO679.jpg.e6e724f91af4fd4b643e897996c8ca90.jpgscreenTalonRO678.jpg.61e179d95b2b0c434323464613fac23d.jpg

screenTalonRO675.jpg

screenTalonRO678.jpg

Edited by Shendel
edit error
  • No1 1