IceDryst

I Need Food's Canvas

Posted (edited)

236616753_TheDevil.thumb.jpg.c6e7c9b390d7ff703c839c0cac3d41f5.jpg

I were sketching and the inspiration struck /lv2

Edited by IceDryst

I lurked in your profile and saw you have an art thread!

Your work is phenomenal. And you just started 2-3 years ago? So much talent there. Who knows where'll you be at in a few years if you keep drawing.

I particularly love your animated works, the one in your sig and the girl begging for Stall of Angel. Puts a smile on my face :)

Thank Brisha!!

I'm very angry inside recently. Emotion dump!!

novice.thumb.jpg.350fb993955692d17ae09f4797b10d08.jpg

An angry tangled novice, if you can't make out what this is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IceDryst said:

Thank Brisha!!

I'm very angry inside recently. Emotion dump!!

novice.thumb.jpg.350fb993955692d17ae09f4797b10d08.jpg

An angry tangled novice, if you can't make out what this is.

Rapunzel!

• Heh 1

8 hours ago, Conscendo said:

Rapunzel!

Actually made me laugh /thx

Today I feel better, get my ass to do some hair study.

Since I realized I have a horrible visual library, for a month to come I made a promise to myself to use references for everything I draw. After that maybe I can think about lineart.
image.thumb.png.5939f1f9c0092755dea9dd39915cf553.png

Oh, I have one realization that I never thought of before: If I think of line art as a form of finishing a picture, I have to actually spend time on it as if I were painting.

My previous thought on how things work:

Sketch -> Line art -> Painting

How I think it's now

->  Line Art & Color
                   /
Sketch (Job50) -->
                   \
                     ->   Painting

Edited by IceDryst
  • No1 2

I personally think that Line Art is a complete form of art on its own as well, even without color.

It requires as much patience as painting, <<making sure you have clean lines and being mindful of line strokes being representative of emotion or intent to guide the viewer's eyes around your illustration.

I'm happy to see you're working really hard to improve your craft. Your passion is infectious! It fires me up as well.

That job50 sketch cracked me up /heh

19 hours ago, Brisha said:

I personally think that Line Art is a complete form of art on its own as well, even without color.

It requires as much patience as painting, <<making sure you have clean lines and being mindful of line strokes being representative of emotion or intent to guide the viewer's eyes around your illustration.

I'm happy to see you're working really hard to improve your craft. Your passion is infectious! It fires me up as well.

That job50 sketch cracked me up /heh

It's a pure pleasure to perceive your message! OK, I'm not gonna try to pretend that I'm good with words >_<. Glad to hear that I fired you up too! I mean I'm so lucky I found art.

Today thing:

image.thumb.png.2d8fa7450832c4866b1db2b0ae9d54b8.png

OMG it takes hours to do simple things like this /desp
The focus was on 3D form and using references for parts. Proportion was off at times (which I liquified whenever I recognized it)
Overall the pose is awkward and the face is as emotional as a rock. But that is topic for another time.

Edited by IceDryst

aNoviceGirl.thumb.png.69f98f908fa4360f0460b4a60441f0c0.png

Today I try to slow down and actually pay attention to what I were doing when drawing (Like what you do in mindfulness meditation). So it comes to me that I have been drawing different types of lines.

One is the "searching line", where I go chicken scratch/messy in an attempt to find the line I want to draw.
The other is "Committing line", where I go back again with a stronger line to draw the line I found in the first step.

It seems I do that with almost every line I drew, without noticing it.

IsThereValueToIt.thumb.jpg.3719002ce0b3441410f433996d0a732a.jpg

Apparently one can't always just draw all the time, I felt a strong urge to paint earlier. It does feel good not having to look at the lines all the time.

717267708_seyrenwindsor.thumb.jpg.e651a902feaa842fa2e4315b4d0e31ab.jpg

My attempt at Seyren Windsor. WIsh I could work more on this but time 's up /desp
That one was 10hours for me, mostly playing whack a mole with mistakes

• No1 1

That's really pretty ❤️

I would be more technical with the praise but I think you hate that lmao

Really great work! Keep it up :D 

Edited by Brisha

Thank you, haha, but let's just talk about how I gave him an overbite and he now looks somewhat like Nicolas Cage. /no1
The posture could be better too, he's leaning his head forward too much and look weak (and distorted, I'm not sure human can do that kind of head posture, I think he's becoming a Rokurokubi  /ene).

If you have time please write all the things you find annoying in my painting, thank you!

OH, and if you can do "technical praise" I would be very appreciated too, there might be something I did accidentally that looks nice without realizing it, would be nice to keep those in mind so that next time I can reproduce them intentionally.

Edited by IceDryst