IceDryst

IceDryst's Emotional Dumping Ground

MOREE PLAYING AROUND, trying out some different common painting workflows 🤣

lesson1.thumb.jpg.ac5956e0b35cac13a77a1dee45720537.jpg

Bonus: Some color keys

image.png.7e5baadb1078b87a1c955e59d8fb0166.png

Edited by IceDryst
  • Love 2

Weekend piece! Took me way longer than I first expected. But totally worth spending the time.

lonewoodie.thumb.jpg.a5028f4fd8def168db1ffa7e6e5f7c41.jpg

• Love 2

I am super jealous of your painting ability. I just got started in digital art recently in the past few years. Been trying to get good enough to where I feel I can draw my own concept arts and characters for game projects. I LOVE your style. It has so much emotion in it.

1 hour ago, Hitchner said:

I am super jealous of your painting ability. I just got started in digital art recently in the past few years. Been trying to get good enough to where I feel I can draw my own concept arts and characters for game projects. I LOVE your style. It has so much emotion in it.

Thank you for your kind words. About style, I'm still searching for it be trying out different things to see what I like the most.

I suppose we all have our "goal" that seem to be forever out of reach.

Funny because I'm having the same goal as you right now, I want to get good enough so that I can make characters/sprites for game projects. Are you also do programming or only the graphic for game?

1 minute ago, IceDryst said:

Thank you for your kind words. About style, I'm still searching for it be trying out different things to see what I like the most.

I suppose we all have our "goal" that seem to be forever out of reach.

Funny because I'm having the same goal as you right now, I want to get good enough so that I can make characters/sprites for game projects. Are you also do programming or only the graphic for game?

I went through the local community college to attempt learning Java, and I found that its a lot more difficult for me to program, or at least its going to take a lot more time to learn it than an average person would. So i am focusing on the music/art side of it right now. I can write really well, so I already have 2/3 of the project complete, I just need to do the art and programming. :P

8 minutes ago, Hitchner said:

I went through the local community college to attempt learning Java, and I found that its a lot more difficult for me to program, or at least its going to take a lot more time to learn it than an average person would. So i am focusing on the music/art side of it right now. I can write really well, so I already have 2/3 of the project complete, I just need to do the art and programming. :P

crazy how many things you must do heh :D, never thought that I would be stuck doing art for the last few years, the result just never seems to be good enough for my taste.

Gotta admit I started thinking "meh I would only take at most 1 year and I would be able to do decent art and have fun with it" 🤣, now I'm in the rabbit hole.

Look forward to see your finished game, game making is the dream /lv

Edited by IceDryst

My 1 and a half hour study.

hi_there.thumb.jpg.63d17e9ee41b45de11d5bc59878855c2.jpg

"Hi there!"

Bonus: valentine piece I did yesterday.

Spoiler

Untitled_Artwork-1.jpg

• Fsh 1

3 hours ago, IceDryst said:

crazy how many things you must do heh :D, never thought that I would be stuck doing art for the last few years, the result just never seems to be good enough for my taste.

Gotta admit I started thinking "meh I would only take at most 1 year and I would be able to do decent art and have fun with it" 🤣, now I'm in the rabbit hole.

Look forward to see your finished game, game making is the dream /lv

Yeah at first I was like, I can write, and most of the programs allow you to practically make games without coding now anyway. Even if you take coding out of the equation, there is still soooo much to accomplish with a project,

its overwhelming, but rome wasnt built in a day :)

I'm playing the color locked game: I started choosing 1 color, after every 10 paintings I get to add 1 more color to my armory.

Armory:image.png.a74f78a6b7ba6b69c693389e21f1c09d.png(2/10 to unlock next color)

This two new paintings I spent 1.5 hours on each.

WoodieWake.thumb.jpg.d6ece0888ea32310dc5cce29c2819580.jpghighkey.thumb.jpg.faa46619584b264d7e552067dbecffff.jpg

@Hitchner: Yeah I know the pain, sometime you start questioning yourself about your decision to do this overwhelming work alone. But then again it's fun to be doing your own project. Also I read about your health condition in the other topic. I hope you will get well, FIGHTING!!

Edited by IceDryst
  • Love 2

image.png.a74f78a6b7ba6b69c693389e21f1c09d.png(4/10 to unlock next color)

Opps, look like I shifted it a little bit too much to the red side /shy. Anyway the point of the game is not "To use only this color" but rather "To learn to work with warm and cool effectively one color at a time" /meh

medicine.thumb.jpg.02b760b7b73d08842dabde4ee2524908.jpgrandomgirl.jpg.73e7d31180fd5a24890ab3aa6066ffee.jpg

• Love 2

Two more from yesterday and today (6/10 piece of monoschrome).

soloLevelingStudy.jpg.9555b2f60d63c6b3cf87c295fdac8159.jpg

I were trying out new thing studying other artists works, how they design their shapes and such. The process goes like this:
- I go over their drawing to turn them into construction phase.
- Then I turn off the original piece, putting in shapes as I usually do if I were to make my own piece from my construction.
- Turn on the original piece to see what they do different from me.

It turns out I'm very weak when it comes to subtle values changes (like in overcast lighting situations where the shadow is so soft that it's hard to distinguish light and shadow).

poring.thumb.jpg.52b56a5aeb53a862283ccce0392da1f6.jpg

And the Poring is just me strengthening my understanding of glass-like materials.

• Love 2