Sign in to follow this  
Ghaspar

SQI Revamp

943814660_SQIRevamp.png.64ee32d9cea2f34d2a49dd083408b1f3.png

Credit goes to @GM Seiren for the above image

Official announcement had been made. SQI’s will get a revamp. However, while the title indicates that it will be the seals that are getting revamped, we’ve got confirmations that the SQIs themselves are getting revamping too (Post 1) (Post 2) (Post 3). The GM Team is currently preoccupied, working hard on the bugfixes and workarounds making our tRO lives better, improving the server, and attracting both new players to join in and those on hiatus.

Having that said, I’m certain the community wants to hear what’s on your mind about what would you want to see or to have in your SQI, revamped?

I main a Whitesmith, which by the way, has changed its job title to Mastersmith (isn't that cool?), and what I would want for my Mjolnir[3] which I’ve been mulling over until it gets implemented are the following:

• Remove the Wind Property in exchange of another slot.
  • Have an innate DEF+5.
  • 1% chance to auto-cast Lvl 5 Lightning Jolt while attacking. (It’s the Mjolnir anyway)
  • ASPD+5%. (perhaps?)
  • If refined to +7, grants +50 ATK; to +8, additional +20 ATK; +9, additional +20 ATK. (This will force players to obtain more of SQIs adding reason to more SQI production.) 

The above revamps may not altogether be implemented. Maybe one or two would already make Mjolnir[3] users like me satisfied. And who knows, maybe the GM Team plan for even better than this, right?

Note: This had not been put to Suggestions Section for this was intended to be a community-shared thread. The additions are not things I’m (or you’ll be) pushing to be implemented anyway. But rather, what you just desire to have and we're certain we've got the GM Team's eyes on this. Be fair with your wish list, careful not to overpower your SQI.

We’d love to hear yours?

Edited by Ghaspar

Uhm, we have a concept for this already. There was a feedback topic open for several years, as such we have a pretty good idea about what the community wants to be changed. 

That being said, keep the suggestions comming of course but in no way do I guarantee that any of that will be implemented. 

Cheers! 

6 minutes ago, GM Boreas said:

That being said, keep the suggestions comming of course but in no way do I guarantee that any of that will be implemented.

Sure thing, @GM Boreas No pressure, of course. /ok

But, it would not hurt to hear what others are having in their minds right now. Might be good. 

I think it would be nice if the weight of the Megingjard SQI could be lowered. Currently they weight 300 a piece, which can be quite taxing if you are using 2 of them. Especially since many builds with megs can't afford to go max strength, and the +strength bonus from equipment doesn't add any weight capacity.

i would love to see sqi weapons for different speccs, like dagger assassin, auto blitz beat sniper, berserk lk and all those stuff. At the moment u are kinda forced to play 1 specc

On 8/1/2019 at 11:13 PM, Ghaspar said:
  • Have an innate DEF+5.
  • 1% chance to auto-cast Lvl 5 Lightning Jolt while attacking. (It’s the Mjolnir anyway)
  • ASPD+5%. (perhaps?)
  • If refined to +7 and up, grants +50 ATK; to +8, additional +20 ATK; +9, additional +20 ATK.
  • Have an innate DEF+5.
  • ASPD+5%. (perhaps?)
  • If refined to +7 and up, each attack has a chance of gaining CRIT +100 for 5 seconds, +10 ATK; to +8, additional +10 ATK and added chance of gaining CRIT +100 for 5 seconds; +9, additional +10 ATK and added chance of gaining CRIT +100 for 5 seconds

Reason for CRIT: Lightning usually represents Critical in most games.

The script for chance of gaining CRIT +100 is the same as Vanberk card. The added chance for +8 and +9 should be reasonable.

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua
  • No1 1

Weren't there more then 4 options and you just got to choose 4?  That said the bigger question I have is... can they put more options in then the limited amount we had before?  Would be a plus side to make things more flexible.  

My ideal scenario would be they make these all into mid headgears,  as there are different playstyles for each class (Katar and Dagger Sin for example).  Choose your bonuses and get your own weapon separate.  Though the issue would be the old sqi, even if the bonuses went away were powerful weapons... Though they could just open all of those to the giant quest lines and even add more endgame weapon options as they would be limited, just not having the bonuses connected to them.  Doubt that will happen, but I can wish, heh

Yes, there were just 4. The ones I listed are just options to choose from.

However, about the mid headgear suggestion, I doubt that it would even be in the GM Team's consideration.

Sure, this is easy. Please make a dagger, period. Assassins don't even get a SQI weapon at this point because of the lack of a dagger (no one uses katar at high level outside of farming).

For ideas besides the fact that it should exist, things that are specific to and would help daggers builds are:

• 100% dmg to all sized enemies
  • A fifth slot, it's the dagger way ;)
  • If not a fifth slot, then build in attack speed that only makes you need two doppels instead of three to hit 190 asp (without awakening potion would be even better). This in essence frees up a card slot all dagger builds use - doppel
  • Built in perfect flee (or normal normal if it's too strong). Maybe 15-25%
  • Permanent 25% poison dmg that goes through defense. See magnum break for code.
  • 50-75% after cast delay reduction for soul breaker builds
  • Add a chance for a third attack instead of just double attack
  • Some very creative idea that keeps assassins from dying to things in pvp in one hit, because no one likes not being able to play their class
  • Some very creative idea that keeps assassins from dying to things in pvm in one or two hits.
Edited by MrBananaMan

2 hours ago, MrBananaMan said:

Please make a dagger

There was this Dagger of Edda. Just not sure if it is anything godly, or if anyone had ever made one.

A fifth slot

There can never be a fifth slot. Never was.

Some very creative idea that keeps assassins from dying to things in pvp in one hit, because no one likes not being able to play their class

This is grey area. To keep yourself from dying will depend on how good you handle your character. Otherwise, upon dying, accept that you've just been outclassed. And, find out why that is and improve accordingly. /ok

However, having a Dual Dagger SinX myself, I second the idea of a Dagger SQI. The suggestion had been made, and unfortunately, it has already been declined😊

Edited by Ghaspar

17 hours ago, Ghaspar said:

There was this Dagger of Edda. Just not sure if it is anything godly, or if anyone had ever made one.

There can never be a fifth slot. Never was.

This is grey area. To keep yourself from dying will depend on how good you handle your character. Otherwise, upon dying, accept that you've just been outclassed. And, find out why that is and improve accordingly. /ok

However, having a Dual Dagger SinX myself, I second the idea of a Dagger SQI. The suggestion had been made, and unfortunately, it has already been declined😊

Declined? Wth? Can we get rid of the katar for the dagger then? As for pvp I'd take anything that doesn't let you simply get one shot (or killed in one second) by any skill in the game but that's a huge discussion outside of a SQI item.

I'd just want Djinn to have a +10 int buff. that way its considered the best AD weapon  unlike elemental sword or Excalibur 

• Like 1
  • No1 1

Suggestion only XD

maybe we can finish different all sqi bonus quest and choose only 4 [getting select option in Valhalla ]

so we would not create multiple character with same classes just for 4 different sqi bonuses for same charater

High Wizard [SOM]

* 20% Chance to Curse Your Opponent When "Attacking" ,can you change this to "Magic Damage"

• Like 1

Want to suggest too..

dunno if this one is egoistic for new player who hasn't done seal. but maybe need alternatives? since new players also eager to catch up on higher up raids. and because of that, i guess market for sqi crashed a lot. Maybe can do this? : - doing some alternatives prerequisites, that the difficulties adjusted with current instance we have (dunno maybe example : doing GMC 5x times, exchange with some GM items) for essence i guess it's fine for without it, but at least the access so the new players are eager to buy the sqi and getting the bonuses. so at least they have motivations?

Also this one is for access only.. maybe when revamp come, all of this alternatives can be deleted?

Edited by Eternaly

I guess the GMs took notice that new people not having access to valhalla hardblocks them from progressing into the "end-game" state, hopefully they focus on this now. Kinda killed my motivation as well when I found out after months of hardgrind in geffenia that I cant really make use of the zeny I grinded :p

Im looking forward to anything that enables me to access valhalla in the future xd

6 hours ago, Hattori said:

I guess the GMs took notice that new people not having access to valhalla hardblocks them from progressing into the "end-game" state, hopefully they focus on this now. Kinda killed my motivation as well when I found out after months of hardgrind in geffenia that I cant really make use of the zeny I grinded 😛

Im looking forward to anything that enables me to access valhalla in the future xd

We took notice of that even before we switched to Iduna. However, first you ha e to fix the bugs and exploits before you can move into developing new content. Revamping the SQIs is now next on the list tho. :)

• Like 1
  • No1 3

Spooder would now like to take over this thread. :3 *Ahem* 

With the Sqi-Revamp approaching, I think it would be a great time to explore some interesting new attributes for the Ghostdancer Staff. Before making any suggestions myself however, I'd like to share my personal thoughts on the Soul Linker class. Its design, as a class, is fundamentally flawed for a couple of reasons, both of which stem from underwhelming party utility/benefit. Firstly, its party utility (Spirit Links) can be fulfilled before the party actually engages in combat, making the Soul Linker somewhat of a buffing npc that you leave in town. Additionally, a few of its links are fairly obsolete later on in the game, which isn't a problem necessarily, but this fact does support my point. Secondly, despite dealing high damage with Esma, it is still a single-target dps class with very little meaningful CC and versatility when comparing it with wizards/hunters. Yes, Estun has a chance to stun 1 target for 2 seconds, and yes Eswoo can shrink 1 target for at most 7 seconds, but these skills are still single target abilities that have little impact for your party and can even hinder party survivability if used poorly. One might think, "But Soul Linker is a support class, why should it compete or be compared to classes like Wizard or Hunters or any other DPS." The reality is that Soul Linker is neither a support or a dps class but an alt-tab character that applies a buff or two on your main before it goes on an adventure. This isn't to say that Soul Linker *can't* go on any adventures by itself. I understand that it can because I exclusively main Soul Linker and have gotten it far enough into the game where I can observe its viability in late game content. Now that I've gotten that baggage out of the way, we can have some fun conversations regarding new attributes! :D

Since my goal for the class is to have it stray away from being the buff-bot that it currently is, I don't think buffing the Spirit Link bonuses is the right idea. Instead, I think that adding bonuses that either increase party-wide dps or just Soul Linker's dps is more beneficial and easier to achieve. 

Possible Attributes!

• Fighting Chant: increases both atk and matk based on how many party members are on the map. (exact same effect but also increases matk)
    • Could you imagine an Esma doing 100% more dmg because there are 10 party mates on the map? Mmmmm, now that's therapeutic.
  • Kaina: Effect of SP consumption mitigation amplified.
    • Might be a lackluster bonus, but it would still increase Esma uptime because if you're fighting an MVP, or farming in general, Esma really burns through your SP, might also decrease the dependency on GEC shoes, so a new shoe slot can open up as a result from this bonus? 
  • Kaahi: Each time you're successfully attacked, your defense also increases based on the skill's level for a few seconds. (If there is a way that this can only work on a SL then that would be better, or else it's probs is OP)
    • After each hit, having your def increase by a % amount (up to a certain cap) for a few seconds could make SLs viable tanks, very interesting!  
  • Kaupe: Effect lasts until two attacks are dodged. (Same effect except Kaupe lasts for two successful hits instead of one). (If there is a way that this can only work on a SL then that would be better, or else it's probs is OP)
    • This would greatly improve SL survivability when dealing with large amounts of mobs or powerful enemies.
  • Eswoo: Effect has full effect on boss monsters.
  • Eswoo: Enables use of Esma for the next 3 seconds. 
  • Eske: Halves a monster's def and mdef while increasing its atk by 300%. Works on Boss and Miniboss monsters. (exact same effect but also halves mdef and makes it work on boss/miniboss monsters)
    • This change will not only boost SL's dmg against high mdef targets, but could also allow for some new, funky magic dps comps!
  • Eska: In addition to increasing monster mdef and def, it also reduces aspd and movement. (puts the monster fully into a Steel Body state)
    • This change would make it much easier to tank and control MVP slaves.
  • Estun: Stun works on MVPs for half the normal stun duration. 
    • Not sure if this is possible to code, but it sure would be interesting! Just throwing it out there. :P
  • Esma: Increase skill damage by 50%.
    • SL's usefulness drops off dramatically if it cannot kill a monster in 1-3 Esmas. Increasing Esma's skill damage will help combat the 
  • ASPD: Increase by 25%.
    • SL's Esma damage is very good, but the class' DPS is extremely lacking. An Increase to ASPD should help mitigate this problem. 
  • Free Cast: Enables use of Max Lv Free Cast.
    • Enabling the use of Free Cast would make SL gameplay more fluid and would increase their survivability against pulls of monsters while not directly increasing their offensive prowess. 
  • Dodge: Enables use of Max Lv Dodge.
    • Enabling the use of Dodge should help SL avoid being flinch-locked, allowing a safe distance from monsters to be maintained. 
  • Mind Breaker: Enables use of Max Lv Mind Breaker.

These suggestions are coming from a strictly PvE perspective. I have no experience in RO PvP.

I encourage everyone to respond to this thread with their own suggestions and viewpoints on how to make Ghostdancer a better SQI weapon. Soul Linker is such a unique and interesting class and I hope to see more Soul Linker mains in the future!

Cheers!

🕷️ Ahuzahr /\(Oo';;'oO)/\ 🕷️

*This is slightly a repost, but I thought this was a more appropriate thread for this kind of suggestion*

I might write something for BoA later.

EDIT:
Possible changes that I want to see:
changes the un-used/not popular bonuses with these if possible only (even if only one gets implemented, im ok with that):

a) allows use of weap perf. (any lvl) - removes the autospell bonus
b) allows use of impositio manus (max lvl) - removes the 50 matk bonus
c) allows use of KE (max lvl) - removes the 1000sp bonus

possible combinations now if these are implemented:
atk build bonuses - aura blade, weap perf, 100atk, impositio manus
def build bonuses - 30%HP, 20% Resist, KE, any 4th bonuses

this is the current combination of bonuses for those who dont know:
aura blade, aspersio, 100atk, and (30%HP or 20% Resist)

im not putting per refine bonus as that is hard to calculate and i dont see it really being encouraged. only overupped weap i see is artemis and sometimes sherwood.

d) this is also another long shot but i want it to be:
shadow element or make a shadow endow bonus

because i just feel it suits it. the description and some ingredients are not all "holy" enough to default holy element the weapon itself.

thats it, tnx.

Edited by PrideFries

While I appreciate that people post their suggestions into this thread, we already have a very good idea of what the new SQIs will be like. There was a suggestion thread for over five years or something with a bazillion posts in it. You can keep it coming in this thread, but chances are very low that we will consider it.

Hi sir. I tried searching on that thread but didnt find it.

If anyone or you sir can give the link, ill appreciate it thanks.

Yes, these are just random talks of peeps wishing for new stuff on their sqi. You said to keep em coming and its a good read anyways.

Thanks.

Edited by PrideFries

3 minutes ago, PrideFries said:

Hi sir. I tried searching on that thread but didnt find it.

If anyone or you sir can give the link, ill appreciate it thanks.

Yes, these are just random talks of peeps wishing for new stuff on their sqi. You said to keep em coming and its a good read anyways.

Thanks.

The topic has been moved to the GM board prior to the Iduna patch, you can no longer visit it. :)

• No1 1

Hello, hope this question is okay.

Could someone tell me if the ingredients needed to make the SQIs are subject of change? Revamp wouldnt incline it (to me), sounds more like stats or the enchants of it being tweaked, right? Or could the items needed to create them change too? Than I wouldnt bother now trying to collect them, if not, I could farm them in advance to be ready when I can create and enchant SQIs.

Thanks for any help in advance.