Sign in to follow this  
Ghaspar

SQI Revamp

Posted (edited)

943814660_SQIRevamp.png.64ee32d9cea2f34d2a49dd083408b1f3.png

Credit goes to @GM Seiren for the above image

Official announcement had been made. SQI’s will get a revamp. However, while the title indicates that it will be the seals that are getting revamped, we’ve got confirmations that the SQIs themselves are getting revamping too (Post 1) (Post 2) (Post 3). The GM Team is currently preoccupied, working hard on the bugfixes and workarounds making our tRO lives better, improving the server, and attracting both new players to join in and those on hiatus.

Having that said, I’m certain the community wants to hear what’s on your mind about what would you want to see or to have in your SQI, revamped?

I main a Whitesmith, which by the way, has changed its job title to Mastersmith (isn't that cool?), and what I would want for my Mjolnir[3] which I’ve been mulling over until it gets implemented are the following:

• Remove the Wind Property in exchange of another slot.
  • Have an innate DEF+5.
  • 1% chance to auto-cast Lvl 5 Lightning Jolt while attacking. (It’s the Mjolnir anyway)
  • ASPD+5%. (perhaps?)
  • If refined to +7, grants +50 ATK; to +8, additional +20 ATK; +9, additional +20 ATK. (This will force players to obtain more of SQIs adding reason to more SQI production.) 

The above revamps may not altogether be implemented. Maybe one or two would already make Mjolnir[3] users like me satisfied. And who knows, maybe the GM Team plan for even better than this, right?

Note: This had not been put to Suggestions Section for this was intended to be a community-shared thread. The additions are not things I’m (or you’ll be) pushing to be implemented anyway. But rather, what you just desire to have and we're certain we've got the GM Team's eyes on this. Be fair with your wish list, careful not to overpower your SQI.

We’d love to hear yours?

Edited by Ghaspar

Uhm, we have a concept for this already. There was a feedback topic open for several years, as such we have a pretty good idea about what the community wants to be changed. 

That being said, keep the suggestions comming of course but in no way do I guarantee that any of that will be implemented. 

Cheers! 

6 minutes ago, GM Boreas said:

That being said, keep the suggestions comming of course but in no way do I guarantee that any of that will be implemented.

Sure thing, @GM Boreas No pressure, of course. /ok

But, it would not hurt to hear what others are having in their minds right now. Might be good. 

I think it would be nice if the weight of the Megingjard SQI could be lowered. Currently they weight 300 a piece, which can be quite taxing if you are using 2 of them. Especially since many builds with megs can't afford to go max strength, and the +strength bonus from equipment doesn't add any weight capacity.

i would love to see sqi weapons for different speccs, like dagger assassin, auto blitz beat sniper, berserk lk and all those stuff. At the moment u are kinda forced to play 1 specc

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 11:13 PM, Ghaspar said:
  • Have an innate DEF+5.
  • 1% chance to auto-cast Lvl 5 Lightning Jolt while attacking. (It’s the Mjolnir anyway)
  • ASPD+5%. (perhaps?)
  • If refined to +7 and up, grants +50 ATK; to +8, additional +20 ATK; +9, additional +20 ATK.
  • Have an innate DEF+5.
  • ASPD+5%. (perhaps?)
  • If refined to +7 and up, each attack has a chance of gaining CRIT +100 for 5 seconds, +10 ATK; to +8, additional +10 ATK and added chance of gaining CRIT +100 for 5 seconds; +9, additional +10 ATK and added chance of gaining CRIT +100 for 5 seconds

Reason for CRIT: Lightning usually represents Critical in most games.

The script for chance of gaining CRIT +100 is the same as Vanberk card. The added chance for +8 and +9 should be reasonable.

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua
  • No1 1

Weren't there more then 4 options and you just got to choose 4?  That said the bigger question I have is... can they put more options in then the limited amount we had before?  Would be a plus side to make things more flexible.  

My ideal scenario would be they make these all into mid headgears,  as there are different playstyles for each class (Katar and Dagger Sin for example).  Choose your bonuses and get your own weapon separate.  Though the issue would be the old sqi, even if the bonuses went away were powerful weapons... Though they could just open all of those to the giant quest lines and even add more endgame weapon options as they would be limited, just not having the bonuses connected to them.  Doubt that will happen, but I can wish, heh

Yes, there were just 4. The ones I listed are just options to choose from.

However, about the mid headgear suggestion, I doubt that it would even be in the GM Team's consideration.

Posted (edited)

Sure, this is easy. Please make a dagger, period. Assassins don't even get a SQI weapon at this point because of the lack of a dagger (no one uses katar at high level outside of farming).

For ideas besides the fact that it should exist, things that are specific to and would help daggers builds are:

• 100% dmg to all sized enemies
  • A fifth slot, it's the dagger way ;)
  • If not a fifth slot, then build in attack speed that only makes you need two doppels instead of three to hit 190 asp (without awakening potion would be even better). This in essence frees up a card slot all dagger builds use - doppel
  • Built in perfect flee (or normal normal if it's too strong). Maybe 15-25%
  • Permanent 25% poison dmg that goes through defense. See magnum break for code.
  • 50-75% after cast delay reduction for soul breaker builds
  • Add a chance for a third attack instead of just double attack
  • Some very creative idea that keeps assassins from dying to things in pvp in one hit, because no one likes not being able to play their class
  • Some very creative idea that keeps assassins from dying to things in pvm in one or two hits.
Edited by MrBananaMan

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrBananaMan said:

Please make a dagger

There was this Dagger of Edda. Just not sure if it is anything godly, or if anyone had ever made one.

A fifth slot

There can never be a fifth slot. Never was.

Some very creative idea that keeps assassins from dying to things in pvp in one hit, because no one likes not being able to play their class

This is grey area. To keep yourself from dying will depend on how good you handle your character. Otherwise, upon dying, accept that you've just been outclassed. And, find out why that is and improve accordingly. /ok

However, having a Dual Dagger SinX myself, I second the idea of a Dagger SQI. The suggestion had been made, and unfortunately, it has already been declined😊

Edited by Ghaspar

17 hours ago, Ghaspar said:

There was this Dagger of Edda. Just not sure if it is anything godly, or if anyone had ever made one.

There can never be a fifth slot. Never was.

This is grey area. To keep yourself from dying will depend on how good you handle your character. Otherwise, upon dying, accept that you've just been outclassed. And, find out why that is and improve accordingly. /ok

However, having a Dual Dagger SinX myself, I second the idea of a Dagger SQI. The suggestion had been made, and unfortunately, it has already been declined😊

Declined? Wth? Can we get rid of the katar for the dagger then? As for pvp I'd take anything that doesn't let you simply get one shot (or killed in one second) by any skill in the game but that's a huge discussion outside of a SQI item.

I'd just want Djinn to have a +10 int buff. that way its considered the best AD weapon  unlike elemental sword or Excalibur 

• Like 1