Sign in to follow this  
Ghaspar

SQI Revamp

However, I believe you can still make them now while waiting for the re-vamping (that is if you already have access to Valhalla).

A big update like this is usually added during the next reboot, most likely End or 1st day of the month. And, I don't think this January would be the implementation of this.

But, who knows what kind of New Year TalonRO will bring us, most definitely a good one. 😊

Yea, Seiren answered me in discord, if anyone cares, they dont know yet, might be they change the stuff required to create SQIs, might not. Be water my friend.

I hope that update SQI revamp and update with Bio4 cards will happen at the same time and cards will be included to create SQI items.
And I want GMs to publish a post with new bonuses before this system goes into release so that talonians can make timely criticism.

just please give us some seal replacement before the actual SQI revamp, being lockd out of progressing for almost half a year now is pretty annoying...

I'm pretty sure both are going to occur and once,  and soon.  They had initial plan to do it before end of last year, but with needing to fix other bugs from the transition to iduna it got pushed back a little.

Getting hardblocked from gear-progression for far over half a year now in exchange for some UI update that doesnt really do much is kinda lame in a game thats all about gear-progression.

The Iduna update was not about UIs, but a new server emulator. So ya, worth it for sure considering that our old emulator was falling apart. :D

3 hours ago, GM Boreas said:

The Iduna update was not about UIs, but a new server emulator. So ya, worth it for sure considering that our old emulator was falling apart. :D

And well, when we do talk about UIs, the old client was also falling apart. It was getting increasingly incompatible with modern hardware. Most newer graphics card could not properly render RO anymore.

But yeah, let's pretend that we wasted 10 months of our lives working on Iduna for some UI update.

Posted (edited)

Okay, iduna is important, from just glancing over it the main difference seemed the new UI to me, didnt know it was that important. But I guess the main thing about revamping the SQIs is the change of the items in itself, so they are balanced but sought after etc., which I guess would need the most amount of time, right? :S

I heard you guys are revamping seals too, which is fine by me. But being locked out from the ability to enchant (bought) SQI weapons for over half a year now is really demotivating, it basically locks you out of partyplay if you want to play a DD and not be someone that gets dragged along because people have pity with you. Personally I dont like to be a liability, so I have to wait til seals are reopened, but I could imagine there are others like me and we are all pretty heavily punished with this situation, I get the impression that there are regularily new people coming to the server and the longer its like this, the more are blocked from progressing, weapons are the most important damage increase (at least for non caster) in RO.

Edited by Hattori

Understood. However, good things take time and your frustration won't change that I am afraid. We are working on it, really.

Thanks, all I wanted to hear :P The ? was provocative, sry about that.