Th33nd

Voting replacement. Daily Cash Betty

Hello everybody. That is nice that free talon cash has returned. However the new system requires acces to PC and to the game itself, while me and prbbly a lot of people do not have this chance every day. I used to vote on my phone while I am on my way or at work, or out of the city, or on vacation and not willing to play.  But now we  are tied to the PC, what in my opinion is not a good thing in a long term.

Are there any ideas to add a system "on the go". I mean using mobile phone, without necessity to use the game client?  

Thanks for consieration.

• Like 1

Seeing as we no longer need the voting I wouldn't really know a useful way to implement this. 

You can add an "attendance sheet" somewhere as a website function or a forum function. You get only 20 points instead of 40.

I agree that it sucks that theres no online-only option now. It was the only way I could still earn TC while on vacation, business trip, or away from computer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can see a new Business Venture for the farmers, i.e. "Talon Cash Item Collection" 

How bout making an affiliate link, that whenever a referred person registers to TalonRO from your personalized link, you get Talon Cash prize and a Monthly Costume Box. This way we can post the link in a - say an FB group, or chat group, or to a specific person. 

I'm quite certain it can give better exposure to the server, and improve player population. 

Edited by Ghaspar

Posted (edited)

1.) A button or a function inside the new talonro panel to click on daily (get 10 to 15 talon cash, imo 15) just like Killburndeluxe's idea.

2.) Share buttons on social media, maybe on a page together with 1.) .. however, these would require linking of respective accounts to the forum account.
(iirc, there's a callback link for some social media pages so you can control if the user actually shares it) (1 to 5 talon cash for every button shared) - imo, should be 2 talon cash each link.

Max of 5 links (gm's discretion) - total of 10 talon cash 
    - Facebook
    - Instagram
    - Twitter
    - VK
    - weibo/qq
    - or whichever.

should these 2 get implemented, Daily Cash Betty should be decreased down to 25 talon cash (from 40).

for a grand total of (based on my suggested points) 50 talon cash per day.

Edited by Bobito

Uhm, all of these can be easily cheated and require a lot of monitoring. The in-game npc just runs for itself and we can focus on other stuff. Don't get me wrong, those ideas aren't bad, I just don't see them happening with our resources. 

Also, you can't really have 1000 people spam the same link over and over on some social media websites. Pretty sure they would simply flag it for spam. 

• Love 1

I write articles and have minimal online presence. I was planning to promote the server, hence the suggestion. At least I could get something out of it. 😃

But hey, no pressure of course. I'd still do it without anything in return anyway. /gawi

Posted (edited)

What if you (Server addministration) adopt solving captcha for some third party website. I know that there are websites paying for solving captcha. Pretty much the same as we did before. But at this time this simple action will be monetized for your (TalonRO) benefits ~ small but consistent profit.
There is no need to hide that talonRO get paid by community efforts. Me and I belive other will gladly do it for server  flourishing and ofc for talon cash, hehe)

Edited by Th33nd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it may not be monetized right away, maybe someday youll find someway voting would be better for the server.

but right now a button or something you press everyday would suffice.

cash betty has made the game virtually unplayable for me.

it took me around 30 minutes to get the laterns for cash betty, i have at most 1 hour to play everyday.

so half the time i farm, go do quest, try to level up guys or get equipment, is used in getting dumb item for talon cash.

an activity that when i joined the server was tied to voting, you just completely got rid of the play part and went straight pay to win.

forget about leveling up another guy, what for? i wont be able to get cards for him, or equipment.

i voted everyday and i worked hard for my character, i was just getting to a point he was usable.

but right now it all seems hopeless, itll never be strong, not unless i pay like a hundred dollars for all the stuff.

and yeah i think this server has officially gone

pay to win

congratulations, you ruined talonro.

What the hell are you talking about. If it takes you half an hour to hunt for a certain item then drop a suggestion to replace / nix it and we will gladly look into it. 

That being said, if you have only one hour per day to play then anything will take a really long time. How is that our fault? Nobody is forced to donate, it's just a convenient way to skip some grind. That's all. 

We are a low rate server, if you don't have time to play then join one with higher rates. Voting doesn't do anything about that. 

This server is not officially gone because one person cannot hunt a single item. Let's stay real here. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • No1 1

I play only 2-3 hours a week (on a weekend only). Never paid a dollar here. And, tbh, I find that there are things that will make you money than just farming your ass up. If I farm my way up, I will lose the opportunity of contemplating and doing other things that could have made me more money. Farming is just a tool for short term goals. Once you get in the status of self-sufficiency, being poor again is no others fault but yours alone.

Yes, I still do farm, and that is only to please my eye seeing my hard-earned character in action. Of course, will gladly benefit from the loots, reaping the harvest from the dedicated hour of enjoyment. 

That said, the server's transition is expected to have hiccups, which should easily be understood by a fairly-matured person. 

And Betty?.. haven't seen her yet. I better check her out later. I'm certain to meet a lovely lady. /no1

Posted (edited)

Maybe just use weak monsters in the first floor of newbie areas, not just monsters which are individually weak-ish wherever they may be.

I thought that was the case when I saw that "decayed nails" were requested; I realised it was absolutely not the case when I saw that Live coals from Magma Dungeon (or Thor's lolno) were requested.

Bearing in mind the level 70 base-level requirement for redeeming voting points in the past, anything that should take 5 minutes for a completely ungeared and relatively badly-statted level 70 char who doesn't have any special insight into how to play the game should be a good choice.  And when I say "completely" I'm not talking Eden gear, btw.  I mean naked men with bare fists... may work okay for wizzes and priests, not so well for anyone else...

As it stands right now it's actually even faster than voting was, for me, in some cases. 

That pushes the server even further away from P2W, and it's something I'm happy to see. 

Having it accessible to ungeared people as a means of climbing their way up is even more vital though.

Edited by Phanman
  • Like 1

You are completely right with that if course. I will run the list through another check and filter those items. Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GM Boreas said:

What the hell are you talking about. If it takes you half an hour to hunt for a certain item then drop a suggestion to replace / nix it and we will gladly look into it. 

That being said, if you have only one hour per day to play then anything will take a really long time. How is that our fault? Nobody is forced to donate, it's just a convenient way to skip some grind. That's all. 

We are a low rate server, if you don't have time to play then join one with higher rates. Voting doesn't do anything about that. 

This server is not officially gone because one person cannot hunt a single item. Let's stay real here. Thanks! 

so your official stance is, if you dont like it go home right?

so anybody who doesnt give his life and soul to this server, its not wanted?

very cool coming from an admin.

also in this game you have to do a whole lot of grinding every single step of the way, i have grinded my ass off trying to level up my character, getting gear, getting a card (that took months of voting).

voting was a cool way to get some gear to help me get to a point where i can actually kill something of importance.

you are just trying to justify your position by belittling me.

at no point in your statement you defended cash betty with an argument.

i dont have a problem with it taking it a long time, thats why i choose this server to play, i also choose it because of its mechanics in play, voting didnt give you everything you wanted, but it gave you something, a little bit of hope.

cash betty just detroyed that hope, sure player who can afford hours and hours and hours of grinding and can play everyday are probably happy.

but i dare to guess most people isnt like that and for us relatively new players who dont have the years of voting gear are just damned to be either always weak, or to pay.

It's a tiny amount of 10-20 items tops, from the weakest mobs in the game. And that gives you cash worth over 400k zeny every single day.

I don't see what's so bad about that? If you think a certain item still takes a long time to farm, kindly let us know and we can look into it.

But your statements from your previous post are absolutely rubbish of course. Let's get real here.

19 minutes ago, omega.revolution said:

so your official stance is, if you dont like it go home right?

so anybody who doesnt give his life and soul to this server, its not wanted?

Ev erybody who comes up with "arguments" like "this server is dead" is not wanted in a discussion. Plain and simple. Give constructive feedback or you can go away, indeed.

very cool coming from an admin.

Thanks, I am the coolest.

also in this game you have to do a whole lot of grinding every single step of the way, i have grinded my ass off trying to level up my character, getting gear, getting a card (that took months of voting).

It is a low rate server. Low rate = grinding. High rate = get everything with one hit. What's your point here? Our rates are clearly stated on our website.

voting was a cool way to get some gear to help me get to a point where i can actually kill something of importance.

Yes, and the Cash Betty offers the exact same opportunity. If an item is too hard then let us know and we will review it, the list is not final. Some items from the list can be farmed faster than clicking all votring buttons and completing the captchas. If not then you probably never completed the captchas in the first place.

you are just trying to justify your position by belittling me.

at no point in your statement you defended cash betty with an argument.

Not really. However, there was nothing to defend the Cash Betty against. You made no argument other than "this server is dead" and "this server is pay2win". Your only point was that the item hunting took too long and I told you that we can just review that again and nix it if that's the case.

i dont have a problem with it taking it a long time, thats why i choose this server to play, i also choose it because of its mechanics in play, voting didnt give you everything you wanted, but it gave you something, a little bit of hope.

cash betty just detroyed that hope, sure player who can afford hours and hours and hours of grinding and can play everyday are probably happy.

Again, Cash Betty doesn't take longer than voting and the diea is that anybody on level 70 without much gear can get the items. If an item does not meet that requirement then report it. Your agument is simply not true and it won't become more true by repeating it in your posts. Simple as that.

but i dare to guess most people isnt like that and for us relatively new players who dont have the years of voting gear are just damned to be either always weak, or to pay.

I dare to guess that most new players have no problem with this new system or else you woulld see more posts about it. Don't judge others based on your own perspective please. You can only talk for yourself and you just did that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • No1 3

I think the server doesn't need defenders, but understanding the request of the "Th33nd", I couldn't go straight to the game either, I was going to vote on my cell phone, now I go into the game when I don't have much time and do the mission in 10 min. 

I find it even more fun, and when I can't, I just won't do the mission.

But calling the server "P2W" or thinking that GMs don't work is just too much. Nowadays, it is rare to find a private server with as many applied and committed people as we have here.

So congratulations to the leaders for their gaming experience. And for the blind, I'm sorry.

A backlog of a maximum of 3 days might be a good idea, I think.

• Like 2
  • No1 1

I think I agree with AG.

If we cant vote on the go, then consider adding a buffer of like 3 days. You can do it three times in one day if you missed the two previous days.

• Like 1
  • No1 1

Im loving this new quest, its alot more fun then doing some f''''ng captcha :)❤️

I will tell you honestly, I was very frustrated that the points for voting were removed ((
Like some of people above, I go directly into the game quite rarely. Heck, I even rarely turn my laptop with Windows OS!
So the voting function could help me without actually playing actively, gradually accumulate zeny to top-gears.
I understand that this is not entirely honest in terms of the Game, but on the other hand, I didn’t bother anyone and did not pretend to the Iron Throne! ))

All of this means that I will remain a beggar forever here ))

it would be very nice if respected admins came up with an alternative option from web
Edited by Potteroulis

I understand the complaint (I used to vote from a computer at work where I had no chance to play, but could do it every day) 

On the flip side, the current one follows a different idea of just getting people to login to the game everyday (which means they might play more then that on that day) which I think might be healthier for the server, then spending 2 months racking up voting points without ever logging in to get something.

talontalon

On 8/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, omega.revolution said:

maybe someday youll find someway voting would be better for the server.

I see this as the reason for changing the server economy as a whole. I remember when I came here, it was said the Talon Coin is the server’s currency . "talon cash" will be less than "talon coins". because there were more voters than people who doing the new quest. accordingly, price of "talon cash" should be higher.  I really cant understand  their current value because the Control Panel still does not work :((

In general, I believe that one rule is true - do not change what works. The old system worked and worked well :((

On 8/20/2019 at 11:30 PM, ValheruWolf said:

Iidea of just getting people to login to the game everyday

this is a dangerous idea. you cannot force anyone. reducing users on Windows OS is a natural process. getting young players to play Ragnarok is almost impossible.  accordingly, most players are old players, they have no free time and the task is not to lose them. it seems to me

21 minutes ago, Potteroulis said:

In general, I believe that one rule is true - do not change what works. The old system worked and worked well :((

The old system didn't work, that's why we changed it.

22 minutes ago, Potteroulis said:

this is a dangerous idea. you cannot force anyone. reducing users on Windows OS is a natural process. getting young players to play Ragnarok is almost impossible.  accordingly, most players are old players, they have no free time and the task is not to lose them. it seems to me

The idea is to have an active cmmunity, not some zombie voters who only log in once a year. Mission accomplished.

the way i see this is - it was not an easy decision for the GM Team to finally remove this feature and to engage in the transition from eathena to rathena risking some players' displeasure, especially certainly finding some in-game/technical bugs (which is substantially getting or got fixed by now), which the server may end up losing some, in contrast to gaining some faithful-in-game players.

often, the people who complain are the ones who are not actually playing and just waiting building up their accumulated Talon Coin treasure. for what use? well, just to accumulate them again in hopes that one day, some day, in the near or far future he/she might play again.

I am someone who is not frequently active in-game and yet I am pleased with this change. Gives the server a promising future with active organic players. 

I would gladly let the server favor those who are actively playing.

Edited by Ghaspar