Th33nd

Voting replacement. Daily Cash Betty

I just randomly came across this and I gotta say I'm disgusted with people complaining that they can't earn money in the game without playing the game anymore.

Yes, voting was a convenient way of earning some side money. But that's all it was, free money for doing nothing that didn't benefit the server as a whole. Daily activities actually do help the server a lot. They bring in players, even if it's just for a 10 minute quest every day. People logging in for this are playing, however short, and part of them will actually stay online for longer and chat or actually play more, which all increases the player number and benefits actual players when trying to have a good time with other people.

At the same time this gives value to items that were considered useless and worthless before, which gives the economy some boost.

This change is a 100% positive thing for the population as well as the economy and if you can't play a few minutes a day to get the money, how is that the server's fault? They run a server for people to play on, not for people to get money by not playing.

I have my issues with some things on the server, the vending system at the very top. Having to do something to get something certainly isn't part of it.

• Love 1
  • No1 1

5 hours ago, Sinshine said:

...which all increases the player number...This change is a 100% positive thing for the population as well as the economy...

dont see an increase in the number of players, but rather the opposite, unfortunately. on those farming locations and level up locations. For example Prison Glast is empty.  don’t remember the moment I’ve been here so that Prison is empty.

about the economy. I exchanged my voting points for a Talon Coins and sold them. I was the supplier of the Talon Coins - the main currency of the server. and the econimics was good - TC was bought very quickly. because many people needed them . now there is no such trade in Talon Cash or  i just don't see it

Edited by Potteroulis

3 hours ago, Sinshine said:

They bring in players, even if it's just for a 10 minute quest every day.

That's some of the problem. Doing a 10-minute quest for 400k is only an average of 2.4m/hour. I wouldn't personally grind for 2.4m/hour.  

Old voting took about 30 seconds, which came out to closer to "25m/hour"  

Then again, the new system is less abusable. Furthermore, it's obviously more targeted at newer players, so I can't complain too much if a veteran player has no use for it since.. that's sorta how it was designed.

Flaunting around crap like "literally 100% all positives," though, is just deception.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GM Boreas said:

The old system didn't work, that's why we changed it.

I see that the Сontrol Panel does not work for me. it was a great Control Panel, but now it doesn't work. Doesn't it work for everyone? just for some reason I don’t see massive questions about it - sales stores, buying stores, base of items. all not displayed.  will this work in plans ?? this is most important for me

second. now when I try to exchange my voting points, I see the inscription "you are under investigation" or something )  I would like to know how long to wait for the end of the investigation and if I get anything for a month of voting every day? )

and I also understood that the Talon Coins was abolished. Nevertheless, I see a person who stands with the trade room "buy TC 1.1 million each". What does this mean?

Please answer

Edited by Potteroulis

You don't have to do it if you deem it not worth it. You still get to sell your side drops to people too lazy to do that. To me, it's just checking the NPC, taking things out of storage and giving it to the NPC. Doesn't take 1 minute to do it.

Just because it's not for you doesn't mean the new system is a completely positive change over the old one.

How do we earn coins now?? I know we can get them from doing Eden quests, but what is the easy way that has replaced voting?

@Potteroulis the Control Panel is being worked on, so we have to wait until it's available again.

This is getting a little bit off-topic, but if people are asking, I guess that means the information is not easy to find. I think this should somehow be clarified in the main page of the Control Panel or some obvious place that everyone can't miss. I understand the confusion, because there are the same number of currencies than before, but the way they work has changed a little bit.

There are 3 main TalonRo-custom currencies:

• Bronze Coins
  • Talon Cash
  • Talon Coins

Bronze Coins

• Hasn't changed compared to Pre-Iduna
  • Use them to rent gears at the Rental NPC
  • How to obtain: Completing Eden/Gramps, Killing monster on TamTam maps

Talon Cash

• It's not an item per se, but an internal value that you can see when opening the Talon Shop
  • Use it to buy items from the Talon Shop
  • How to obtain: Daily Cash Betty (the replacement of Voting), Donation, TamTam maps

Talon Coin

• It's a tradeable item that has a value of 100 Talon Cash
  • Can be exchanged from 100 Talon Cash/into 100 Talon Cash via Guru NPC.
  • Its only purpose is to be an indirect way of exchanging Talon Cash

Back to topic:

I'm ok with this new way of obtaining Talon Cash. When I had to collect Blue Hair, it took me 3 minutes to check on rms who drops it, which map is the best, what's the shortest way to go, actually going there, kill the small number of Kobolds and bring them back to Betty. I just find Elder Pixie's Moustache more annoying though 😛

Edited by Hatfun
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Potteroulis said:

this is a dangerous idea. you cannot force anyone. reducing users on Windows OS is a natural process. getting young players to play Ragnarok is almost impossible.  accordingly, most players are old players, they have no free time and the task is not to lose them. it seems to me

Uh,  This is entirely how games on mobile devices and other things work.  They do not FORCE you to log in every day. 

You are looking at this backwards.  they reward you for logging in everyday.  If you don;t log in, there is no negative.  

Edited by ValheruWolf

6 hours ago, Sinshine said:

You don't have to do it if you deem it not worth it. You still get to sell your side drops to people too lazy to do that. To me, it's just checking the NPC, taking things out of storage and giving it to the NPC. Doesn't take 1 minute to do it.

Just because it's not for you doesn't mean the new system is a completely positive change over the old one.

If it isn't a positive change in every single way for every single person, then it isn't 100% positive.

Just because you don't understand how percentages work doesn't mean you can just start lying to everybody about what 100% is.

25 minutes ago, ValheruWolf said:

Uh,  This is entirely how games on mobile devices and other things work.  They do not FORCE you to log in every day. 

You are looking at this backwards.  they reward you for logging in everyday.  If you don;t log in, there is no negative.  

This is like saying there is no negative if somebody else bots, because you are not losing your gear, right? They're just unfairly getting ahead of you.

Don't be dense. People who are complaining are doing so because by not logging in, they are falling behind.

And to your earlier point that "encouraging people to log in instead of just vote without playing for 2 months is a good thing" -- it isn't. I can't tell you how many times I had to quit the game because (real life happens) but kept voting. I'd have forgotten about tRO for months/years, but voting every day kept it in my mind. After 3-4 months, I'd hit the 1000 voting point limit and need to log in to exchange them. I'd do so at that time, which would give me 20 TC and a new MVP card I'd want to mess around with. Then I'd get back into the game playing every day.

As I already said, I'm not personally invested because I'm aware that it's very clear that the new system is not intended to appeal to the same people as the old system, so I don't care. But I'm not going to act like a condescending douche to everyone who has legitimate grievances and say crap like "Oh, it's 100% positive change and there's no negative for you" like they're just idiots for feeling that way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Values said:

If it isn't a positive change in every single way for every single person, then it isn't 100% positive.

Just because you don't understand how percentages work doesn't mean you can just start lying to everybody about what 100% is.

You know very well that there's never a absolute 100% in anything and are just playing semantics there. However, just because people think it's getting worse for them doesn't mean it actually is. A more active server still benefits them, no matter how much they complain. Players win, people who don't play don't. But people who don't play aren't the audience that needs catering to. They're already not playing. Even if they come back every couple months to mess around for a bit (and then vanish again), they're not what keeps the server running. And really, the amount of people who would keep voting every day for months and months after they stop playing and then actually return for more than to cash in their points and log out again or return at all probably is very close to none.

That said, if you had read and understood my post, my issue was with people acting entitled about getting free money for doing nothing. That's not condescending, that's common sense.

Edited by Sinshine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinshine said:

You know very well that there's never a absolute 100% in anything

You're the one who brought the percentage up, by noting this you agree your statement was incorrect; not my concern and it woudn't be worth posting if that was all.

But then you say this:

1 hour ago, Sinshine said:

However, just because people think it's getting worse for them doesn't mean it actually is. A more active server still benefits them, no matter how much they complain.

What're you saying?

People used to be able to obtain talon coins when they couldn't log in, now they can't.

That's not an improvement or a benefit.

It'd be nice if they could do so again, in some manner that was useful to the server.

What that manner could  be escapes me.

9 hours ago, Phanman said:

What're you saying?

People used to be able to obtain talon coins when they couldn't log in, now they can't.

That's not an improvement or a benefit.

It'd be nice if they could do so again, in some manner that was useful to the server.

What that manner could  be escapes me.

Ok this is my last comment on the thread (we seem to be running in circles)  

Yes people cannot get taloncash without logging in,  But at the same time could see some people that just didn't want to deal with captchas or anything but logged in everyday completing the quest and getting coins

Some people were like you earn way less this way then before if you go farm it yourself (as an experienced player)  But honestly the last time I logged in, all I did was pay 12k zeny and buy the ingredient from a merchant and trade it in for my taloncash, so under 1 minute. 

So in the end, this really just benefits 2 separate group of people, and not having to deal with regulating and looking for people abusing the power of voting (by not doing the captchas, etc) or even the voting sites going down (we lost 2 of them?)  Means less work for the GM's.  So I doubt this will change at all.

Edit:   Though I do have a related side question.  do our rates change anymore like they did based on voting before, or are they just now locked in at the 8/8/3?

Edited by ValheruWolf

May I suggest make it weekly?

Now Betty asked for a certain item each day, but since that require us to play everyday, sometimes we can't.

So like, make the quest instead of daily, become weekly with all 7 kind of items. (something like monster board in eden)

And the quest just reset on fixed server time, like say, start of Monday.

So instead of doing 1 quest a day, you can do 7 quest per week on Saturday.

Or, If really want it to be on website it might be hard I don't know if manipulating storage from there is possible.
So like have Betty on the website. And like the "Storage Search" on the panel that show your Kafra, if you could make a system that take away certain item from there and mark your quest as done. So at least you need to have stockpile of the item beforehand.

Edited by NattWara
  • Like 1