Sign in to follow this  
leinnad1991

Other ways of buying donation

Question

Hi Admins,

Is there other way of donating other than inputing credit card number on your webstite? This is very unsecure and should not be used by your players. Is there a paypal orsomething alike that we can use?

11 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Okay. I just checked the network log from the browser after posting payment. Yep its clean, data only goes to stripe. Thank you for fast response. I think it will help if you show process details on the payment page. You will not see it is safe until you  view it in browser dev tools. Im sure there are people in the past that were potential donors but refused to input their card number. 

THank you for clarification. BTW your website is best RO site ive seen. Yes that includes Official servers.

EDIT TYPOS

Edited by leinnad1991
  • Like 1

Why would PayPal be more secure than credit cards? Our payment processor is one of the largest and we have used that for the past three years already. PayPal is a private company and they can do with your account whatever they want, unlike banks. That being said, no, we do not have plans to offer PayPal as we consider them to be unsecure. Cheers!

Well Paypal has been there for so many years with little to no issues. Im not saying you should use Paypal specifically but use other trusted payment portal. What is your payment processor if I may ask? It is not even displayed on the payment page. Credit card numbers are being save to your database if I am not missing anything which is very dangerous for players and to your organization as well.

Our payment processor is Stripe and we are not saving any credit card numbers or details in our database. You enter your details into a form, it is sent to Stripe securely and they take care of the rest. All that's saved is the amount you paid, the package you bought and the details attached to your forum account. Such as the email address. That's it.

We are not asking for any private details nor do we store them. Never have in the past years, never will. Same goes for your credit card details.

We have been around for over 10 years, never has anybody complained about our donation method being unsafe.

I will ask Seiren to clarify the process on the checkout page, including the name of our payment processor as well as a link to their site.

• Like 1

What exactly happend that on the 13.08. News it says Paypal is an option again and 5 Days later (this Thread) its not anymore?

Credit Cards are not Standard in many Countries and those have either EC/ATM-Cards or smiliar. I am always willing to spend a Coin or two, but not accepting any other kind of payment is not common in this Day and Age.

You surely can do whatever you like, but i wonder if more payment methods would give you more income. I tried this Server for a couple of Days and was about to spend some, learned i can't, so i might as well leave again. I simply have not patience and am lucky enough to farm everything. Oh well.

You can actually attach PayPal to Google Pay and donate with that. So yes, that works. A bunch of people have done it already. As for re-implementing PayPal again, you simply have to understand that we offered PayPal years ago and it did more harm than good. The chargeback rate was insane, we'd almost lose more money than we got. Not to mention all the trouble with PayPal, constent reports and whatnot. It's simply not worth our time.

As for credit cards not being standard, I see which country you are from and I can assure you that it's damn easy to get a credit card there. All the big grocery stores accept it nowadays as well. If such cards aren't popular then how come those start accepting them?

P.S.: Coming from the same country as you I think I can judge that, yes. Cheers!

Oh? There is an Option for Google Pay? How does one use that, is there a Guide? It only offered me the Credit Card one.

I mean, sure, getting a Credit Card isn't difficult, but there is simply no need to. Im not into spending money i may not have. Its common for People with Credits Cards getting into depts, look at 'murica, but that besides the Point.

I know the ups and downs with Paypal. I used it for years, privatly, in my company and the Ro pServer i managed with (plenty of years ago) 🤔.

Same country, eh? Ey~

You may have to use your mobile phone for the option to show up. It doesn't always work on desktop.

11 minutes ago, MadamMelisse said:

Oh? There is an Option for Google Pay? How does one use that, is there a Guide? It only offered me the Credit Card one.

I mean, sure, getting a Credit Card isn't difficult, but there is simply no need to. Im not into spending money i may not have. Its common for People with Credits Cards getting into depts, look at 'murica, but that besides the Point.

I know the ups and downs with Paypal. I used it for years, privatly, in my company and the Ro pServer i managed with (plenty of years ago) 🤔.

Same country, eh? Ey~

Get a prepaid card then? Problem solved.

9 minutes ago, GM Seiren said:

You may have to use your mobile phone for the option to show up. It doesn't always work on desktop.

Thanks for the Tipp! Unfortunately it says Paypal is not accepted here on Google Pay. Dammit :)