mimicasan

Best class to start in BG

What's the best class to get started with battlegrounds ? Class that can be useful all around without pvp gears. I've seen the basic vanilla builds here in this forum, but it only has limited class, also for now I can't afford that 'basic' gears.

5 hours ago, mimicasan said:

Class that can be useful all around without pvp gears.

Support priests are always good to have.  Also if you use them well, Linkers are pretty annoying as opponents in BG. 

I only played HW in BG. I went in with rental gear (some of them are not allowed in vanilla though) and I am able to get LOTS of badges because I played lots of matches, win or lose. Thats how you inch your way out to becoming better geared - JUST KEEP ON PLAYING. Now that there are rumors that consumables will be put into place for BG players as well, do not worry about getting food stuffs either. BG is a team play, you are only as good as the people you are dealt with by the randomizer.

Play whatever you want to play because while there are lots of A-hats who have strong superiority complexes, there are far MOOOAARRR understanding people who know that you are just beginning.

Looking forward to meeting you when the BG is relaunched! Good luck! 

Edited by bassbuzz
  • Like 1

Wow, thanks. total forgot about extended class. I guess i'll go for soul linker, priest seems a bit too vulnerable.
I also would like to have an offensive class. I'm thinking knight class and stalker, not sure yet.

While you don't have gears yet, i recommend play with a support class like priest, bard, dancer or soul linker.

The problem playing as soul linker in BG is that if you are not linked, you will be limited to use spirit buffs to your teammates. I personally think priest as a better choice in general than soul linker, but that's just my opinion. just play whatever you feel confortable. :)

Edited by Gawk
  • Like 1

@subcesso no they are not tradeable. However, badges (and from what i know, FOR NOW) and items are allowed to be moved via kafra storage. When the BG relaunches, we'll know more. 

Are unres BG and Woe active?  Since I always asking if farming for endgame items matters if I couldnt use it later.

Edited by subcesso

BG is undergoing revamp at the moment and since Halloween is already going on, the dev team should be focusing on it. It is likely to be released more or less before the winter seasonal events come.

Woe... uh, I will be honest, its kinda dead, Halloween events and other PVM instances are the priority of most players. Hopefully when BG gets released, it should revive the WOE scene too.  WOE has 2 modes modes: Vanilla and Unrestricted mode. More about that here .  

BG is custom in this server and is only at Vanilla mode. More of that here. Know tho that since the BG is being revamped again, most of the information on the wiki, specially the interesting bits about weapons will be changed again as needed once its relaunched.

Edited by bassbuzz