Sign in to follow this  
theakrabb

Hi, I'm Akrab!

Hello TalonRO!

Tomorrow is going to be a special day for me.
oldie.png.1211aa146b234ef8fa59d273ef4d1c9b.png

(Almost) 10 years ago I made my account on TalonRO and I realized I've never even introduced myself, so...
Greetings! I'm Chris(tiaan) from The Netherlands, I'm a software tester by profession and I play a professor named "Akrab."

1860982040_Akrabprof.thumb.png.a4bdce60652059f543c7c06e5d22e5f0.png.c220aed1b4ff29141a1f81fb2153e40a.png
Akrab & Rajah, art by Conscendo/Conporings

Akrab of Morroc is a charismatic scholar who yearns to learn and feels compelled to teach.
As a young student, he was blinded by a ricochet ice chip from one of his own backfiring spells.
Determined to complete his scholarly training, he forced himself to cope with his handicap in unusual ways.
Where being blind would be a grave disadvantage to most casters, Akrab had found a way to overcome his disability:
by listening to audible cues given by his seeing-eye leopard “Rajah,” he could again navigate the world around him.
By physically touching his opponents he could once more guide his elemental magic.
Despite losing the ability to see, he harbors an unmatched inner calmness, needed for a dance he had dubbed “The Flow of Wind and Flame.”
Akrab has made it his purpose in life to teach aspiring adventurers, spending most of his time and earnings to help others perfect their own techniques.

My time spent on TalonRO wouldn't have been the same if not for the many wonderful people playing on this server.
As a thank you for all the laughs and good times, I would like to give something back!
Tomorrow (12th of November) at 10:00pm server time I will be hosting a small two-part "event" with some prizes to win! Anyone is welcome to join, the event will likely take up to an hour.
You can find me at my favorite place in Rune Midgard: Clock Tower Floor 2 (blue highlighted area,) on November 12th at 10:00pm server time. Hope to see you there! 😃

CTF2.png.f1724d5a5908cd447823a2d21ceedb00.png

Edited by theakrabb
  • Like 1
  • Fsh 3
  • Love 4
  • No1 1

Good luck with your event Akrab! I'm sure it'll be a success. /fsh

• No1 1

Was wonderful meeting you in game, and I congratulate you on your 10 year anniversary. I hope your event was a success. 

• Love 1

Thanks so much for hosting the event and those amazingly generous prizes! /no1  I'd like to confirm as an attendee, that this was an absolute success 💓

Edited by Conscendo
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Conscendo said:

Thanks so much for hosting the event and those amazingly generous prizes! /no1  I'd like to confirm as an attendee, that this was an absolute success 💓

Thank you very much for joining! I've been walking around with a smile from ear to ear all day! Glad everyone liked it! :D

• Love 1

I missed this. Sob. I've heard you were generous with the prizes! I was wondering if you are handing out signed photos! JK! *whips* 

On a very serious note, congratulations on your decade Akrab! That was a very interesting backstory for you! Thank you for tolerating me in game! 😁/kis2

I'm going to call this fanart 😅 Just had this image tonight :D @theakrabb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though blood and tears were righteously paid for success, sometimes even the hero still wonders -

What am I? What is a magic caster who cannot see?

1016147205_Akrab-selfdebate.thumb.png.5890556f9386147c7acb8555d59ce59e.png

Edited by Conscendo
  • Love 2

Oh wow! =O
Thank you for this work of art, it's very powerful! Shakes up all kinds of emotions!
I love it! ❤️

(Edit) Also:

On 11/14/2019 at 4:57 AM, bassbuzz said:

I missed this. Sob. I've heard you were generous with the prizes! I was wondering if you are handing out signed photos! JK! *whips* 

On a very serious note, congratulations on your decade Akrab! That was a very interesting backstory for you! Thank you for tolerating me in game! 😁/kis2

We don't tolerate you, we LOVE you! =D

Edited by theakrabb
  • Love 1