ezpzDeej

Any news on the SQI revamp?

Been trying to keep up with the recent events and I haven't seen anything about SQIs in a while. 
I'm not trying to rush the GMs, I was just wondering if there was a time frame, or a little sneak peek. /gg

7 hours ago, ezpzDeej said:

Been trying to keep up with the recent events and I haven't seen anything about SQIs in a while. 
I'm not trying to rush the GMs, I was just wondering if there was a time frame, or a little sneak peek. /gg

They've been talking about a SQI revamp for over 3 years now... Won't be likely to happen in the near future...

25 minutes ago, Aardappel said:

They've been talking about a SQI revamp for over 3 years now... Won't be likely to happen in the near future...

Well, before there wasn't really an urgent need because SQIs were at least available. Now on Iduna and with the Seals being gone this has a slightly higher priority. Haha

• Heh 3

Sir boreas, maybe another alternatives can be made for Valhalla access first?

Just give it a 25m entry fee until the rework is in thats abt how much you would have paid for seal service 

Agree on having ability to access Valhalla, or rather give new players a way to gain bonus SQI stats! I'm a three week old newb sniper here on tRO and ever since I bought my Artemis,I was a little disappointed because I thought it was going to drastically bump my damage compare to my endowed +9 elven bow. However, being new and not having access to the Seal Quest for the bonus stats really made me regret getting the bow so early... 😢Anyways! just small ranting from a new player! I still fully respect the GM's timeline on revamping Seal but only wish we can find middle ground to help new player get the bonus in some ways, even if that means paying zeny or tc for it.  

If we throw a 25m zeny fee on it now and decide to get rid of an entrance quest with the revamp then people will just complain that they had to pay before. That's why I'd prefer if you are simply patient and wait for us to patch in a final solution. I don't think random half-hearted approaches really help.

• Like 3
  • Fsh 1
  • Love 1

Also if something is given and then taken away it's a problem; if you don't get rid of the entrance quest but replace it with some other entrance quest, people might instead complain that they have to jump through those other hoops and not just pay the 25M.

EXTREMELY strong disagreements on some points don't logically prevent agreements on others; and I'mma say in writing that on this one I think the reasoning seems legit. 

It HAS been a bit though. 

I personally know of one fellow who is in a position to get his bonuses but can't do it, and we wouldn't want people in that position to start quitting.

... But get it right when it comes out, hey?

Edited by Phanman

17 minutes ago, Phanman said:

people might instead complain that they have to jump through those other hoops and not just pay the 25M.

Thing is that paying zeny was never an option, unless you got a seal service. However, that wasn't opfficially supported by us and doesn't count. In the end you can buy everything with zeny, nothing we can do about that. Doesn't mean we have to encourage players to do it tho.

Also if something is given and then taken away it's a problem

Technically nothing was taken away as people who joined after Iduna never even had a chance to create SQIs.

EXTREMELY strong disagreements on some points don't logically prevent agreements on others; and I'mma say in writing that on this one I think the reasoning seems legit. 

What reasoning? People suggested that we have new players pay 25m zeny before they can pay zeny to craft SQIs. Doesn't make any sense to me to be honest.

It HAS been a bit though. 

I personally know of one fellow who is in a position to get his bonuses but can't do it, and we wouldn't want people in that position to start quitting.

Why not? It cannot be helped right now. SQIs aren't available until the revamp if you quit over that then that's fine. I would probably do the same. However, I can only work as fast as I can. We all got a job, friends, lives and so on. Just because you threaten us with people quitting doesn't make us work any faster to be honest. I work on the server because I like working on it, if you don't enjoy playing it then you have to move on of course. That's life. :)

... But get it right when it comes out, hey?

Pretty much, yes.

That being said, we will focus on the SQI revamp next. There won't be any zeny based entry alternative until then. People just have to wait.

• Like 1
  • No1 2

Just now, GM Boreas said:

What reasoning?

Your reasoning; avoiding half-hearted temporary solutions.

Basically, if you DO get rid of the entrance quests, people may feel that they paid 25 M for nothing, 'cause there's no quest when you get rid of it.

And if you DON'T get rid of entrance quests, but remove the 25M option and put an entrance quest instead, people may complain they can't just pay 25 M instead of doing whatever entrance quest you put (ie, the giving of the 25 M fix and then taking it away).

Just now, GM Boreas said:

Why not? It cannot be helped right now. SQIs aren't available until the revamp if you quit over that then thhat's fine. I would probably do the same. However, I can only work as fast as I can. We all got a job, friends, lives and so on. Just because you thhraten us with people quitting doesn't make us work any faster to be honest. I work on the server because I like working on it, if you don't enjoy playing it then you have to move on of course. That's life. :)

Not threatening; neither you nor I want people to start quitting over it, and that's the "we".

Getting it right when it comes out also will help to prevent another potential source of frustration for players.

Like I say, EXTREMELY strong disagreements on some points don't prevent agreements on others; we'll stay at sword's point on Iduna, but I've got your back on this.

... I mean, even though I guess it's the Iduna thing that caused this problem too in the first goddamn place.

Is what it is, the point is I'm a little concerned that throwing in that 25M band-aid fix can have its own difficulties.

Edited by Phanman

2 hours ago, Phanman said:

Is what it is, the point is I'm a little concerned that throwing in that 25M band-aid fix can have its own difficulties.

Yeah any short term 'payment method' fix is exactly that - a band-aid fix. Basically applying a band-aid to a wound that needs stitches, just won't work and will only have longer term problems.

2 hours ago, GM Boreas said:

That being said, we will focus on the SQI revamp next. There won't be any zeny based entry alternative until then. People just have to wait.

This is what counts and hopefully everyone will read and move on - Boreas has stated it's a focus now for action. Good luck Boreas and team!

/spank

I suggest keep the current system and add another way for people who dont want to party. Though i still dont like the idea of adding game breaking items.

Instead more single play runs or or low tier party play runs should be added like gramps quests.

You can add rewards like consumables etc which wont effect game economy but balance it.

Please add BG the right way all my friends left cus no pvp in TRO. And RO has the best MMO pvp system. Add some pvp action farm/grind to your daily farm/grind the server will be great.

Add rewards for WOE for every player who participates like some consumables pvp gears. So much can be done other servers do it.

In TRO once you gear your farming character with MVP cards you need something to farm for and not get bored.

• Swt 4

Please stick to the topic, this is about SQIs and not BG or PvP incentives. Thanks! 

Just remove the seal quest restriction to valhalla. If people paid for seal services thats there problem no one forced anyone to pay. It was free to try after all and without cooldown. There's no more seal we gotta deal with it. Its sad because they were pretty fun to do but it must suck to not have the option until sqi revamp happens.

8 hours ago, Black Metal said:

Just remove the seal quest restriction to valhalla. If people paid for seal services thats there problem no one forced anyone to pay. It was free to try after all and without cooldown. There's no more seal we gotta deal with it. Its sad because they were pretty fun to do but it must suck to not have the option until sqi revamp happens.

Sigh,  about half this thread has been the fact that SQI will be the next release.  And unless bug fixes from Iduna delayed stuff (which I will admit I can see likely) their goal as stated before was the end of the year,  So if we don't have it by new years eve, we'll probably have an announcement more specific as to what is left to do with an estimate of when it will be finished.

Yeah sure its coming up but boreas said the quest might not even be a thing with the revamp so might as well remove it now. They might feel less pressure that way XD.

Im just happy and grateful that they got it on their sights and will work on it in the near future, if it comes this year nice, if not thats fine too, if its coming Q1 of 2020 thats good enough for me.

I also hope it can be done around the start of 2020 😃. Seeing my friends making Bris, Artemis, Sleipnir ...etc, I can only look at it with jealousy and especially they have the privilege now of making a big profit selling the SQI. Artemis Bow TTT was sold around 230m and now no one is willing to sell lower than 250m. Even if we ignore this privilege, it also takes away a major part of the game content from new players since we do not get to experience making the most powerful weapons. we can only farm Geffenia day in and day out to acquire the weapon or just donate bunch of TC to sell for zenys. Some people might say there are other things to do in the game which I sort of agree but, without the end game weapon your participation in events or general MVP hunt is just not the same as the player with bonus and ability to make the SQIs.

How about just make a npc for new player to get bonus from SQI? I'm not flaming here but I wonder, isn't it unfair for older to use SQI weapon with bonuses in event such as PvM or ET, where damage directly affect the profit? Newb player is working with at least 20% less damage without the bonuses. 

Like I said, I do respect GM's timeline on the quest part, but it should not be hard to give the new players SQI bonuses for their hard work of farming zenys and finally acquiring it from players whom are clearly having a blast selling SQIs at all time high. It's the feeling of, man I am buying the weapon at such a high price yet, I am still working at a disadvantage compare to the people who sold me the weapon..? man it sucks. 

p.s. Just some thoughts from a newb player and no offense to anyone. If there are more profound reasons why this will break balance or sth, I apologize in advance. 

Edited by LKWW

Ye I know how you feel, I farmed for the past 6 months and didnt spend it on anything to get at least 1 of my chars into the endgame range and make it my main (after mainly getting mid-gear stuff to get by on those chars I playd without rly having a dedicated main) just to find out that without the quests you cant do anymore you cant even enchant the SQIs even if you buy them for such a high price. 

Sucks to be closed out of that content and I know the problem that you kinda feel like a burden to groups, at least if you want to play a DPS, not having SQIs isnt as severe for supports/tanks, but if you want to play DPS, not having SQI feels like getting dragged along, as most people have multiple SQIs already and stuff like megs/bris as well, which most people who get their first SQI probably dont have.

We can only wait tho, GMs are doing all this in their free time and having the responsibility for the balance of a game with this many people playing is hard and I would rather delay stuff myself than risking severe problems with the game. As long as they got it on their near to-do list, Im fine and will wait.

1 hour ago, LKWW said:

How about just make a npc for new player to get bonus from SQI? I'm not flaming here but I wonder, isn't it unfair for older to use SQI weapon with bonuses in event such as PvM or ET, where damage directly affect the profit? Newb player is working with at least 20% less damage without the bonuses. 

It is not unfair that old players get to use weapons they obtained years ago. They have been around way longer than you, it's just natural that they gfot to benefit a lot of stuff. Heck, around 10 years ago the SQI quest was basically a joke, people had a very easy time to obtain them. Was that unfair? No, different times, different game. Not to mention that bonuses will get a complete revamp, adding such a NPC at this stage makes no sense. You would simply waste your time and money.

1 hour ago, LKWW said:

Like I said, I do respect GM's timeline on the quest part, but it should not be hard to give the new players SQI bonuses for their hard work of farming zenys

Read what I just said, I do not recommend getting bonuses anymore. We will probably disable that system soon anyway to prepare for the revamp. Just give us a couple of weeks and we will sort this all out.

Anyway guys, I am all open for feedback and so on, but everything has been said. We will not implement an alternative until the revamp. We prefer to spend our time on that instead. BG will be released in December, afterwards we got plenty of time to work on the SQIs. We want to revamp as many builds as possible, that simply takes time. Closing this for now,

• Like 2