Sign in to follow this  
Kelen

Replace Equipment Set

I would like to ask how players make use of this new feature, coz i couldn't see how this feature can be use to become more desirable than the conventional gear switching.

When this was first introduced, i thought this will be a good way of switching offensive gears to defensive one, in PVP scenario. but no turns out you can only use this when your character is IDLE, not doing anything or just simply walking, Or else it may not swap the gears.
While cloaking, it removes cloak. 
While casting,(even with Loud Exclamation which has no castime) gears will not swap but will trigger the cool down.
And, if you did manage to switch to defensive gears, you either wait 10 sec to get back to your offensive gears OR ruin your chance of using this feature to switch to your defensive gear. since if you are now equipped the defensive gear, and switch to offensive one using the conventional switching, you will have a 2 offensive gear set.

What more is it cancel out the possibility of switching that position if you get the same gear on it.

[Example #1]
[Specialty Jur]→ <Replace Eq> → [Combat Knife] → <conventional swap> → [Specialty Jur] → Now you can never go back to Combat Knife, even if you conventional swap to CK...

image.png.dc5208230baa1b6679cb5aa87e5ac6f3.pngimage.png.4410fe02edb3e653b34560bdbd85a0b2.pngimage.png.851c1104ee601cfd8ec5439a930747d9.pngimage.png.cffdf77294f1187a72e6a65f6eeda7d1.png

Now in PvM I think this may come in handy when cycling to same weapons with different cards, or switching accessories. But imagine the hassle when accidentally it didn't work.

It's so much easier to switch builds with this feature. Swapping between DS and crit sets on Sniper, swapping between Devo gear and 99def gear on Paladin etc. It was such a hassle before, blocking like 8+ keys every time. Now it's one key press and the whole gear set changes while freeing up all those hotkey slots for the things that there was no room for before.

Of course not all classes/builds benefit from it to the same degree, but it does have a lot of applications.

• No1 1

Yep that make sense, its good for those scenarios, but the ones you've mention are not so much on the life or death scenario or even a sudden need to alternately swap between 2 build, its more of 'ok next MVP is xxxx I'll go tank it'. And before you even go tank the MVP you'll double check your equipment, due to the fact that some character animations can get the equipment not swapped. This feature really makes me sad how it's only for idle swapping.

Edited by Kelen

There are plenty scenarios where you have to swap builds on the go. Classical scenario is when monsters get past the tank into the party or tank dies and you have to tank quick. You don't have time to reach over and press through 6 gear buttons and wait for all of them equip. By the time you do that, you can easily be overrun (and it takes your fingers off of your important buttons so you most likely can't even pot in the time).

Similar situation, although not as urgent, is switching between gear sets on Sniper. Going from Sharp Shooting trash mobs to Double Strafing MVPs or other strong monsters can of course be done by swapping all your gears one by one, but it costs you important seconds. Especially when you do it every couple seconds to respond to alternating situations. The gear swap via one keystroke simply boosts efficiency there and it frees up hotkeys for things that simply have no room on your 4 bars otherwise, considering you already have 7 keys blocked by arrows.

It's not super essential and we've played without it for many years before Iduna, but it does boost your efficiency and quality of life quite a bit when used properly.

But I cannot agree more on the big limitation regarding the switch failure, and the worst case is if you click 3 times consecutively, Gepard will kill your tRO process for macro usage :)

• Wah 1