Sign in to follow this  
night14

Advice for ME Niff (DC set or random Rod with Celeb)

This is my first Priest, I am at level 84/48 Priest

I tried to hunt at niff but my char is too squishy and the damage is lacking

I already read many guide, most of them recommend to use DC/SR/Rosary set, should I change my celeb ring and my weapon to the set combo?

My equipment :

Annotation 2020-02-12 003732.jpg

this set will really help you
but it will not help in your survival since you have very little hp, no assumptio, no eddga card and without deviling card

• Like 1

Obvious answer: like Greed said, get deviling, eddga card, and either that set (cheapest option I think, since you can rent spiritual ring), platinum shield, hodremlin or tirfing carded shield.

Niff map is mixed with both undead and demon property monsters. And one of the painful monsters is dullahan with undead property, while your shield only defends against demon. Just in case if you want to research the farming area on your own, you may use http://ratemyserver.net to look up the map database, see what monsters lurk around (warning: our server may modify the spawn rate or monster list on some maps), see their attack number and most importantly their skills. The most notable skills are "insert attribute here" attack and "insert status effect here" attack skills. Attribute attack skill level represents 100% of that attack, e.g. Dullahan has level 3 Shadow Attr. Attack, means he sometimes hit players with 300% shadow element attack. Hence, the guide always suggests armor element matching the monsters skills at that map (Note: monster normal attack is always neutral so % neutral resist garment is always good). Also, you mostly want to equip matching headgear card for status immunity e.g. nightmare card for sleep resist on sleeper. Unfortunately, niff map has quve with stone curse, that we cannot do much about stone resist due to lack of card variety (evil druid card give undead property armor that won't let you be frozen and stoned, but you can't heal and bless yourself, and medusa card has stone resist but on shield). Stone curse does not allow you to use skill or consumables, only walk few tiles for few seconds, until you are completely stoned and got hit. Just avoid mobbing more monsters when you are squishy and find few quves in mobs. More details on monster skills: https://irowiki.org/classic/Category:Monster_Exclusive_Skills (some words are translated different).

Get some vit, it always helps for survival. 1 vit represents 1% hp. So the cost to increase 5 dex at your current stat, may be redistributed into 20 vit (20% more hp). To make up dex, you may use green salad, +5 Dex food (should be few ten thousands of zeny because of lunakaligo mace, you may type !ws dex_dish05). Then after few level up, your stat build will be easier.

Or, you may ignore spending more equipment by changing your skills setup (with extra effort) like... make sure your monster mobs are on one side. Then, before you place ME, you place sanctuary on other side (make sure there are only you and almost no enemies inside your sanctuary or the sanctuary will end prematurely). Positioning is crucial, !refresh from bonus bundle may help with position lag (where you see your character standing in a position that are not supposed to be).

in 2d, the positioning is like... xopmmm

x = where the center of sanctuary skill

o = empty tile

p = player position

m = monster mobs.

Or, ignore other advices, get bard slave/friend to bragi you up, and spam skills happily.

Or, ignore all of these, level up (or rebirth) on easy place first, like using agi TU build against anubis (use bless on anubis) before going to niff.

Edited by kolela
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

first of all, upgrade your kaho to +4 ( that almost 3 def Or 3% reduction for almost free)

like its mention before dullahan deal the most damage to you so teddy bear card buckler or tirfing card buckler(both quite expensive) is more effective but khaliz buckler is fine.

you can try Soul ring switch after you cast your skill and switch back to kaho, soul ring is cheap but the chance of Assumption is only 1%.

you dont need IC for niff, so you can maybe drop your dex to 140ish and pump up your vit for more HP.

I have a budget of 120m

I would buy Deviling, Eddga, Mistress, and Teddy Bear card it will cost me around 70 million

Then I would buy Holy Robe with bathory for around 20M.

Should I buy double int+ 2 Dark Thorn Staff for around 30M or DC/SR/Rosary combo? Which one would be better in term of damage and survivability?

Any other suggestion what should I change or buy? I think with this setup it'll be fine in Abbey too right?

Edited by night14

Just make sure you get universal equipment on those mvp carded for other characters since you are just priest right now, later on you want to get better equipment with those same mvp cards after rebirth and getting richer.

Saw teddy bear with fair price at this moment, I think? I haven't played recently.

If that 120 mil is one time thing in your situation right now (you still don't have steady farming), generally avoid those stat enchantment stuffs because those are minor improvements with much higher cost. Combo has much higher impact with your current budget right now (I think I saw SR ~2.5 mil, Sting card ~1.25 mil, rosary[1] ~1.5 mil, DC ~200k), you will need to spend way more zeny to get better equipment for ME than combo set. Yes, it should be fine at Abbey.

Edited by kolela
  • No1 1

39 minutes ago, kolela said:

If that 120 mil is one time thing in your situation right now (you still don't have steady farming), generally avoid those stat enchantment stuffs because those are minor improvements with much higher cost.

Yes I do have LK for farming although it's a little bit slow because I enjoy lazy gaming lol, no need for efficiency as long as the hunt is easy and fun

37 minutes ago, kolela said:

You will need to spend way more zeny to get better equipment for ME than combo set. Yes, it should be fine at Abbey.

I think with my current budget I could go for a decent DC/SR/Rosary combo and all the necessary card.

What do you think my next step is? I could think a few such as Bathory Holy Robe, Deviling Diabolus Manteau, and Valkyrja's Shield. How about the staff? Is there another one handed staff that can beat DC combo? 

Personally, I would switch from ME build to support tanky priest build. I think any more improvement for ME after combo set seem minor? (I might be wrong) Oh right, consider odin 2 as your future ME farming too. Overup valkyrian manteau for priest is also good for tanking. And prepare GTB, medusa shield and other utility cards (ask someone more veterans) if you would like to join ET (Endless Tower) party.

Edited by kolela
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kolela said:

Personally, I would switch from ME build to support tanky priest build. I think any more improvement for ME after combo set seem minor? (I might be wrong) Oh right, consider odin 2 as your future ME farming too. Overup valkyrian manteau for priest is also good for tanking. And prepare GTB, medusa shield and other utility cards (ask someone more veterans) if you would like to join ET (Endless Tower) party.

At Odin Temple 2 I should hunt for Skogul and Frus right?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many question, and thank you for all the answer 😀

Btw if anybody else still wondering which build for ME, I think combo set is indeed the best in reasonable price range

This will be my final build for ME : Personal build ME with DC combo set (add Sohee pet and dex dish+ 1 and you are good to go)

Earring[1] farming, only Frus, not the one who summoned by Skogul, monster slave drop nothing. And, feel free to be creative and farm where people rarely goes or do uncommon stat and equipment build that works.

Edited by kolela

If you are just planning on farming niff, your build should be fine just like it is now. The only thing missing is prolly turning your priest into HP, Assumptio will really help you out and you get to use some nice trans only gear. If you have a decent internet connection, you can get by without eddga and devi just fine. With your current gears you can just switch to FS build and level with a party until you turn HP.

I strongly recommend you get a sting rosary (or clip) and a spiritual ring (which you can also rent the better version). The set is cheap and gives you +50% magnus dmg, which results in higher dmg output than celebs. It will be useful at other places like odin2, abbey2 and 3 as well.

You don't need to get the divine cross (even though it's cheap) if you really want a shield, but if you just stick to Niff you shouldn't be needing a shield that much anyways, the 25% reduction from divine cross should be enough. I don't advise you to get a race specific shield like Teddy Bear, imo it is too expensive and there are very few places where it is actually effective. After you turn HP you can use wonderful and cheap Platinum Shield. Tirfing or Hodre card are much better options, and they should cost about the same as a teddy bear. And again, you can totally go without a shield in Niff.

For the armor, any armor with a bathory card is good. No armor at all is okay too. When I started farming niff I had only LKH and the spiritual ring set, and I just used Orleans Uniform until I could afford eddga shoes, and later devi. As for devi and eddga, they are indeed really helpful for priests in general. It is absolutely possible to farm niff without them, but if you get both, mobbing there will feel just like GLC /heh

You also don't need mistress card for farming, the amount of gemstones you'll have to use to use to make it cost effective is just absurd. However, if you plan on playing high end content as priest, absolutely do get it (because of weight issues).

ME HP is a good farmer, odin2 gives a decent steady income with runes and a chance to get Earring. You can even do Geffenia pretty well, tho obviously not as good as the mainstream geff farmers.

• Like 1