GM Radius

Tales of Horror | Storytelling Contest

IGN: Joe T

Word count: 200

Entry: Hello…? Anybody there…?

I used to follow this friend around a lot. Hide and seek was his game. We'd been to many fields of a polluted city, the deepest floors of a pyramid and the strangest tower full of clocks. He spread happiness on the ground. I picked them up, piece by piece, joyfully. Those were the happiest days of my life. Little did I know that one day, I followed his tracks into this seemingly abandoned laboratory. His foot track stopped at the entrance. I assured that nobody had been here for the longest time because the place was dead quiet and well hidden behind a sewage pipe. As I ventured further into the dark, I heard these voices echoing:
…elp…help…
This… This is insane. I must be hallucinating. I wondered if those voices weren't just in my head, were they? Then I shouted out:
Hello…? Anybody there…?
A moment of silence. Suddenly, a bunch of translucent people with vicious auras around their bodies got out of nowhere. I could not believe my eyes. Who are these people? Are they... alive?
Then they quickly came to me and gently asked if I wanted to return to my last savepoint.
Yes, I said.

Edited by nasgdt
  • Like 1
  • Fsh 2
  • Love 1

IGN: Kyrea
Word count: 200

Story:
Spoiler

"Mom, we're going out to play!"

"Take some snacks with you and be back by lunch!"

I hurried outside. As my giggling little brother stuck close to me bouncing excitedly, I passed an apple and a bottle of his favourite juice to him.

We just moved here yesterday. There was a forest nearby with a small creek, so that was where we were exploring today. The gurgling water became audible just as we crossed the treeline. I dashed forward, squealing happily as I leaped straight into the shallow river without care.

Water splashing around me, I called for my brother to hurry but didn't hear any response. I turned around with a frown, then realised why. His eyes were wide with shock, mouth agape just the same yet no sounds came forth.

The warm morning sunlight glinted off the blade that was slowly sliding out of his body. The sharp dagger continued to pierce and slice at his flesh. I watched numbly as pieces of my brother splattered to the ground amidst green grass.

"Hmph. Apple and orange juice. Worthless."

Someone pointed at me. "Hey, there's another one in the river."

"Urgh, no, Porings are even more worthless than Drops."

end note:
Spoiler

tfw you're alive because you're worthless. das the real horror 😆

• Like 1
  • Fsh 2
  • Heh 1
  • Love 3
  • Omg 2

The judging of the contest has concluded; thank you every participants for you submissions. We (the staff) have had a good read on what your creativity has brought us. We are pleased to announce the top three (3) for this storytelling contest:

First place: Abandoned by @cevenslight

Second & Third place: Ting-a-ling by @Ryushimaru and Forgotten Player by @Zeiniru

Since we have a tie for both 2nd and 3rd places, we have decided to award both players with the prize tier of 2nd place.

Winners, please send me a forum PM on your choice of GM Box(es). Congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Fsh 3
  • Love 3
  • No1 1