GM Luna

2020 Holiday Cooking Contest

11 hours ago, GM Luna said:

GM Xing Challenge: Nightmare before Christmas -  Use any red ingredient as Blood or, Powdered Sugar as Snow in your story. Make a horror holiday story which have a kid as the protagonist. - 2TC

So I need a red ingredient (that resembles blood) or powdered sugar (used as "snow"), and have the blood or snow present in my holiday horror story, featuring a kid?

• Omg 1

3 hours ago, Windseeker said:

So I need a red ingredient (that resembles blood) or powdered sugar (used as "snow"), and have the blood or snow present in my holiday horror story, featuring a kid?

Yes that’s right.

More on the lines of a Disney horror story rather than a Freddy Kruger nightmare. 

• No1 1

So... definitely not a kid shaped bungeoppang or maybe mochi, filled with red beans and 'eviscerated' to show the filling, covered in red syrup, laying 'dead' on a powdered sugar field of bloodied snow.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, YuRaiden said:

So... definitely not a kid shaped bungeoppang or maybe mochi, filled with red beans and 'eviscerated' to show the filling, covered in red syrup, laying 'dead' on a powdered sugar field of bloodied snow.

This sounds delicious and making me hungry! This is fine. Just keep things PG and not 18+ horror. /swt2 

9 hours ago, YuRaiden said:

I mean. Maybe the veins kids had a different ending 

1 hour ago, rangelaaz said:

~Azey's TalonRO 2020 Holiday Cooking Contest Entry

Payon Field Strawberry Tart

image.png.2920f50b44f901b7b2360291810b3da5.png

Story Time: Azey’s Regret

Reveal hidden contents

Little Azey lived with mom and dad and little brother in northern Brasilis. Azey’s Mom was a healer, a very accomplished one, respected, human, and caring with everyone she took care. Even so, i think mommy was lonely, because she loved nature, hiking and beaches, and Azey only stayed inside playing games.

Mommy decided to go to Cooking School. And she was great at it. Cakes, pies, macarons, all tasted great! Mommy found friends, Mommy found a hobby, and we hanged out more, and I think things were great... but then... Mommy got sick.

Mommy fought hard, but cancer took her away.

Little Azey misses her too much. Azey wanted to be close to Mommy again, but how?
Big Azey is a healer now too, and met a lot of people at work that loved Mommy too.
One day, Azey was going though mommy’s things. And found a cookbook. Full of recipes from mommy’s cooking school. Full of scribbles and handwritten changes and correcions on the pages. And that day, Azey found Mommy again.

Azey went through the recipes, trying and trying, as Azey never cooked before, but at least in spirit, Mommy was there to help.

Mommy’s Recipe with an Azey twist

Ingredients:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8a367a760c3bfee584d16f23f6ee2f98.png

Tart Crust:

• All-Purpose Flour, 200g
  • Unsalted Butter, 100g (Cold)
  • Refined Sugar, 30g
  • Salt, 1 pinch
  • Egg, 1 ea.
  • Milk 15ml
  • Pie baking tin, removable bottom, shallow.
  • For decoration Prep: Pen, Paper and Scissors

Filling:

• Sweetened Condensed Milk, 2 cans (2x 395g)

Topping:

• Fresh Strawberry 500g
  • Refined Sugar 250g
  • Leftover Nutella or melted chocolate

Disclamer: in the Picture, ingredients are displayed in double. (had extended Family over, baked extra)

Making Topping: Strawberry Runny Jam

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. I make the topping first, because it needs a long time to cool down. It is basically a Jam, but won’t solidify because i dont add citrus or any thickening agents. You can also do like me, double recipe and save some to eat on breakfast with some toast /heh

1.       Clean Strawberries in running water. Spores maybe be dirty, you don’t know where they been :P

2.       Using a Knife [4], dice the strawberries, removing leafy top. Smaller the bits, smoother the jam, bigger the bits, chunkyer. Up to you.

image.png.e052b225502452d526ae275d737916f2.png

3.       Add the dice strawberries with the sugar to a LARGE pan.Hint: ammount of sugar is Always half the weight of the strawberries. So you can ajust the quantities if you need.

4.       BEFORE YOU START THE HEAT: mix until sugar absorbs the strawberry juices and u get something like this:

image.png.e985699892b68b9822c549d526ac0bbb.png 

5.       Turn on the stove at low heat, and leave it there. You do NOT need to keep stirring. Just leave it there to boil. You only need to scrape bottom every 2 minutes or so to make sure nothing is sticking. If you mixed well before, you shouldn’t have any caramelization.

6.       Wait for Boil!

image.png.4891028aa62ea39afdf4e6aedec47b29.png

7.       After that, stir a bit, and the mixture will reduce and thicken slightly, and you can take off the heat. It usually takes 20min or so, but tends to vary a lot, sorry. Take it off heat when you have someting that looks like this when stirred:

image.png.1761669530cd46b2fbdede86acbcf567.png

8.       Transfer CAREFULLY to a glass Jar. We don’t have Pasana Card IRL afterall.

image.png.0497b21c317fce66698cab85c4363a50.png

9.       Take it to the Frigde to Cool down, and Save it for later.

Making Creamy Filling:

Reveal hidden contents

Not to be confused with :image.png.4f6c17d38c27a2ece714a277f7743195.png

1.       Open Condensed Milk cans or boxes

2.       Pour on Pan

3.       Turn On Low Heat

4.       STIR CONSTANTLY. Now you just stay there and stir it with a spatula so it doesn’t stick in pan. If it starts to stick, it will get lumpy. Silicone Spatulas are best.

5.       It will start to boil. Keep stirring until you see large bubbles, and the mixture makes a snake sound when you scrape the bottom of the pan. You will also be able to see the pan bottom when you scrape, when its done. Here’s pic:

image.png.5d4b4c8667f97d186abee3ca982b5404.png 

6.       When you get to that point, turn off heat and let it cool. It will harden when cooled, to something like this:

image.png.d646cf41bc19a3e7b9eb717fa5fff890.png

Baking Tart Crust:

Reveal hidden contents

1.       Pre-Heat Oven to 180ºC

2.       Mix Flour, Sugar, Salt in a bowl

3.       /Dice COLD butter

image.png.6b248b962082dfc515cc851d355e8d38.png

4.       Add the butter dices to the mixture, and brake them up with your hands (pls wash hands before) until incorporated like this:

image.png.6817f048a7a7db0668249f0810df82d8.png

5.       Add Milk and Egg, and combine it with your hands. Things will get sticky. Keep pressing it to the bowl and it will comine into this:

image.png.74a5634131548efb939c327b282babe7.png

6.       Cover it in Plastic wrap, and put it on Freezer for 15min.

7.       While you wait, let’s prep decorations. With Pen and Paper, draw out your plan. I chose Spore since they drop Strawberries, and i can use the jam as the red color of the caps. Then, think about what parts of the drawing u need as dough, and draw it separately, so they can be stencils. For Sizing, i used the bottom of the removable pan to draw a circle on the paper, to help figure out how big the design needs to be in final product.

image.png.d624160b52f1e3946481498a6f957032.pngimage.png.940bae03624207cebe547ec3977691b0.png

8.       With your Stencils ready, take out the dough, take a little bit out

9.       Roll it very thin on a baking tray - cut it directly in the tray, because they will lose shape if you try to pick it up.

10.   Place Stencil, and cut around it with a knife. Not Easy, but sure swift motions help

image.png.ebd609d71351e8c77f38c02bf1a75ac5.png

11.   Work hard to make all pieces. Then bake them for around 15min. Here i show my pieces looked pre-bake. 

image.png.3f04add7aa79072979d79e9541f13d61.png

12.   FINALLY CRUST TIME! Roll out the rest of the dough in the pie tin, and press to the sides. Honestly, I do everything with my hands. Press press press and you’re good! After that, Poke Holes in with a fork, so crust doesnt ‘puff up’

image.png.6f47e7055e62e52b5f98c508e6093bac.png

13.   Bake at 180ºC for 22min. Do not expect it to Golden up too much. It is a low sugar crust, so it will stay pale, but it will harden. Check mine after bake:

image.png.ca8075bebce76946c8f87567ab3aa54c.png

Avengers ASSEMBLE!

let's put it all together

Reveal hidden contents

1.       After your crust cool down a bit, its ready for filling.

2.       Dollop the condensed-condensed milk filling in the middle, and even it out with a spatula.

image.png.f861eff0bcaf5cf446eb6a2b3e509500.png

3.       Pour the Strawberry Jam topping on it. I love it, so i cover the whole thing

image.png.4332cde066f7276615d332abd165c0e5.png

4.       Prepare some Leftover Nutella in a ziplock bag so you can pipe in the eyes, mouth and piece together the pieces of the Spore
image.png.070c9c4ca82d96ad866dcf4308546f1e.png

5.       Finally, put the Spore on the Tart and You’re done!

image.png.28c8b4ee2414d326ea2d880679d0fa61.png

I hope you enjoy my recipe! ^-^

Here are the GM Challenges I picked:

GM Spica – my recipe is def not for lactose intolerants.

GM Lance – ok, its a tart not a pie. But its close enough. I gotta Shoot my Shot x_x

GM Alisa – In Game instructions:

Reveal hidden contents

Ingredients:

Strawberry (50) – Drops from Spores, Pay_fild01
Sweet Sauce (30) – Protera Cooking Shop NPC
Bag of Flour (1) – Toast Shop in Yuno 217, 114
Egg (1) - Toast Shop in Yuno 217, 114
Witch Starsand (30) – Drops from Bathory, Aldebaran Dun Underground
Milk (5) – Milk Ranch Seller – Prontera, Izlude.
Home Made Chocolate(1) – GM events, preferrably, Alisa’s Sink Or Swim.
Royal Cooking Kit(1) - Dimiks in juperos

Gear:

Knife[4] – Drops from Poring – Toy Factory 1, because festive.
Luna Kaleet[3] – Drops from Tatacho – Veins Fields
Chef’s Hat – Quest: Lutie Vending Machine [120 Piece of Cake, 450 Dragon Scale, 1 White Dyestuffs, 330 Feather] for swag.

Intructions:

1.       Go to Kiel Hyre Cooking School [kh_school 175,60]and ask Lecollane permission to use kitchen
2.       Prepare Jam using 50 Strawberry, 12 Sweet Sauce, and 10 Witch Starsand. Here, we’re using WSS as thickening Agent, as we do not have real sugar. However, we have its efficacy proven by Alchemists, so its fine. Make Sure you have Knife and Chef Hat equipped for this step, and Use Stove next to Lecollane
3.       After that, prepare filling with Milk, 12 Sweet Sauce, and 20 Witch Starsand. We dont have Condensed Milk in RO, so u gotta do it yourself. This, however, has a 20% chance to fail. You may need to gather ingredients again. Have Chef’s hat equipped and use Stove again.
4.       For the Crust, You’re gonna use Luna Kalleet as Pie Tin. So gear swap to that. This time, Use Oven. (PS: Tested on Old Stove/Waste Stove from ein_dun. Too Hot for baking)
5.       Once You have Payon Field Strawberry Jam, Condensed White Cream, and Mommy Tart Crust in your inventory, use Royal Cooking Kit and Pray. Marionette Control and Priest Buffs Recommended.

Enjoy!

And so I don’t get disqualified, he’s a Pic with the leftovers and my ign on it (yes, I forgot, and I served before posting)
Happy Holidays,

~Azey

image.png.8b2956c6aca8ad2659c49e5dbe9df567.png

and here are some bugged duplicate pictures i couldn't remove:
please disregard lmao (first forum post, couldn't figure this out)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's already 2021, why bother to post now, not in 2020. I really don't understand!!

• Swt 1

Deadline is Jan 19th.
I also had fun doing it. 
I also worked hard on it. 

please don't put me down -_-

• Love 4

ahhhhh man, reminds me of a couple of years ago I was going to enter with Poring veg LOL, but I forgot to enter, hope I get time to enter this year, awesome event GM Luna :D

note: this is not my 2021 entry lol

No photo description available.

• Fsh 1

5 hours ago, Lord Choice said:

ahhhhh man, reminds me of a couple of years ago I was going to enter with Poring veg LOL, but I forgot to enter, hope I get time to enter this year, awesome event GM Luna :D

note: this is not my 2021 entry lol

I hope you get a chance to join! /lv

Keep the entries going people! I'd love to see your beautiful dishes!

On 1/2/2021 at 1:41 AM, rangelaaz said:

~Azey's TalonRO 2020 Holiday Cooking Contest Entry

image.png.2920f50b44f901b7b2360291810b3da5.png

Story Time: Azey’s Regret

Reveal hidden contents

Little Azey lived with mom and dad and little brother in northern Brasilis. Azey’s Mom was a healer, a very accomplished one, respected, human, and caring with everyone she took care. Even so, i think mommy was lonely, because she loved nature, hiking and beaches, and Azey only stayed inside playing games.

Mommy decided to go to Cooking School. And she was great at it. Cakes, pies, macarons, all tasted great! Mommy found friends, Mommy found a hobby, and we hanged out more, and I think things were great... but then... Mommy got sick.

Mommy fought hard, but cancer took her away.

Little Azey misses her too much. Azey wanted to be close to Mommy again, but how?
Big Azey is a healer now too, and met a lot of people at work that loved Mommy too.
One day, Azey was going though mommy’s things. And found a cookbook. Full of recipes from mommy’s cooking school. Full of scribbles and handwritten changes and correcions on the pages. And that day, Azey found Mommy again.

Azey went through the recipes, trying and trying, as Azey never cooked before, but at least in spirit, Mommy was there to help.

Mommy’s Recipe with an Azey twist

Ingredients:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8a367a760c3bfee584d16f23f6ee2f98.png

Tart Crust:

• All-Purpose Flour, 200g
  • Unsalted Butter, 100g (Cold)
  • Refined Sugar, 30g
  • Salt, 1 pinch
  • Egg, 1 ea.
  • Milk 15ml
  • Pie baking tin, removable bottom, shallow.
  • For decoration Prep: Pen, Paper and Scissors

Filling:

• Sweetened Condensed Milk, 2 cans (2x 395g)

Topping:

• Fresh Strawberry 500g
  • Refined Sugar 250g
  • Leftover Nutella or melted chocolate

Disclamer: in the Picture, ingredients are displayed in double. (had extended Family over, baked extra)

Making Topping: Strawberry Runny Jam

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. I make the topping first, because it needs a long time to cool down. It is basically a Jam, but won’t solidify because i dont add citrus or any thickening agents. You can also do like me, double recipe and save some to eat on breakfast with some toast /heh

1.       Clean Strawberries in running water. Spores maybe be dirty, you don’t know where they been :P

2.       Using a Knife [4], dice the strawberries, removing leafy top. Smaller the bits, smoother the jam, bigger the bits, chunkyer. Up to you.

image.png.e052b225502452d526ae275d737916f2.png

3.       Add the dice strawberries with the sugar to a LARGE pan.Hint: ammount of sugar is Always half the weight of the strawberries. So you can ajust the quantities if you need.

4.       BEFORE YOU START THE HEAT: mix until sugar absorbs the strawberry juices and u get something like this:

image.png.e985699892b68b9822c549d526ac0bbb.png 

5.       Turn on the stove at low heat, and leave it there. You do NOT need to keep stirring. Just leave it there to boil. You only need to scrape bottom every 2 minutes or so to make sure nothing is sticking. If you mixed well before, you shouldn’t have any caramelization.

6.       Wait for Boil!

image.png.4891028aa62ea39afdf4e6aedec47b29.png

7.       After that, stir a bit, and the mixture will reduce and thicken slightly, and you can take off the heat. It usually takes 20min or so, but tends to vary a lot, sorry. Take it off heat when you have someting that looks like this when stirred:

image.png.1761669530cd46b2fbdede86acbcf567.png

8.       Transfer CAREFULLY to a glass Jar. We don’t have Pasana Card IRL afterall.

image.png.0497b21c317fce66698cab85c4363a50.png

9.       Take it to the Frigde to Cool down, and Save it for later.

Making Creamy Filling:

Reveal hidden contents

Not to be confused with :image.png.4f6c17d38c27a2ece714a277f7743195.png

1.       Open Condensed Milk cans or boxes

2.       Pour on Pan

3.       Turn On Low Heat

4.       STIR CONSTANTLY. Now you just stay there and stir it with a spatula so it doesn’t stick in pan. If it starts to stick, it will get lumpy. Silicone Spatulas are best.

5.       It will start to boil. Keep stirring until you see large bubbles, and the mixture makes a snake sound when you scrape the bottom of the pan. You will also be able to see the pan bottom when you scrape, when its done. Here’s pic:

image.png.5d4b4c8667f97d186abee3ca982b5404.png 

6.       When you get to that point, turn off heat and let it cool. It will harden when cooled, to something like this:

image.png.d646cf41bc19a3e7b9eb717fa5fff890.png

Baking Tart Crust:

Reveal hidden contents

1.       Pre-Heat Oven to 180ºC

2.       Mix Flour, Sugar, Salt in a bowl

3.       /Dice COLD butter

image.png.6b248b962082dfc515cc851d355e8d38.png

4.       Add the butter dices to the mixture, and brake them up with your hands (pls wash hands before) until incorporated like this:

image.png.6817f048a7a7db0668249f0810df82d8.png

5.       Add Milk and Egg, and combine it with your hands. Things will get sticky. Keep pressing it to the bowl and it will comine into this:

image.png.74a5634131548efb939c327b282babe7.png

6.       Cover it in Plastic wrap, and put it on Freezer for 15min.

7.       While you wait, let’s prep decorations. With Pen and Paper, draw out your plan. I chose Spore since they drop Strawberries, and i can use the jam as the red color of the caps. Then, think about what parts of the drawing u need as dough, and draw it separately, so they can be stencils. For Sizing, i used the bottom of the removable pan to draw a circle on the paper, to help figure out how big the design needs to be in final product.

image.png.d624160b52f1e3946481498a6f957032.pngimage.png.940bae03624207cebe547ec3977691b0.png

8.       With your Stencils ready, take out the dough, take a little bit out

9.       Roll it very thin on a baking tray - cut it directly in the tray, because they will lose shape if you try to pick it up.

10.   Place Stencil, and cut around it with a knife. Not Easy, but sure swift motions help

image.png.ebd609d71351e8c77f38c02bf1a75ac5.png

11.   Work hard to make all pieces. Then bake them for around 15min. Here i show my pieces looked pre-bake. 

image.png.3f04add7aa79072979d79e9541f13d61.png

12.   FINALLY CRUST TIME! Roll out the rest of the dough in the pie tin, and press to the sides. Honestly, I do everything with my hands. Press press press and you’re good! After that, Poke Holes in with a fork, so crust doesnt ‘puff up’

image.png.6f47e7055e62e52b5f98c508e6093bac.png

13.   Bake at 180ºC for 22min. Do not expect it to Golden up too much. It is a low sugar crust, so it will stay pale, but it will harden. Check mine after bake:

image.png.ca8075bebce76946c8f87567ab3aa54c.png

Avengers ASSEMBLE!

let's put it all together

Reveal hidden contents

1.       After your crust cool down a bit, its ready for filling.

2.       Dollop the condensed-condensed milk filling in the middle, and even it out with a spatula.

image.png.f861eff0bcaf5cf446eb6a2b3e509500.png

3.       Pour the Strawberry Jam topping on it. I love it, so i cover the whole thing

image.png.4332cde066f7276615d332abd165c0e5.png

4.       Prepare some Leftover Nutella in a ziplock bag so you can pipe in the eyes, mouth and piece together the pieces of the Spore
image.png.070c9c4ca82d96ad866dcf4308546f1e.png

5.       Finally, put the Spore on the Tart and You’re done!

image.png.28c8b4ee2414d326ea2d880679d0fa61.png

I hope you enjoy my recipe! ^-^

GM Spica – my recipe is def not for lactose intolerants.

GM Lance – ok, its a tart not a pie. But its close enough. I gotta Shoot my Shot x_x

GM Alisa – In Game instructions:

Reveal hidden contents

Ingredients:

Strawberry (50) – Drops from Spores, Pay_fild01
Sweet Sauce (30) – Protera Cooking Shop NPC
Bag of Flour (1) – Toast Shop in Yuno 217, 114
Egg (1) - Toast Shop in Yuno 217, 114
Witch Starsand (30) – Drops from Bathory, Aldebaran Dun Underground
Milk (5) – Milk Ranch Seller – Prontera, Izlude.
Home Made Chocolate(1) – GM events, preferrably, Alisa’s Sink Or Swim.
Royal Cooking Kit(1) - Dimiks in juperos

Gear:

Knife[4] – Drops from Poring – Toy Factory 1, because festive.
Luna Kaleet[3] – Drops from Tatacho – Veins Fields
Chef’s Hat – Quest: Lutie Vending Machine [120 Piece of Cake, 450 Dragon Scale, 1 White Dyestuffs, 330 Feather] for swag.

Intructions:

1.       Go to Kiel Hyre Cooking School [kh_school 175,60]and ask Lecollane permission to use kitchen
2.       Prepare Jam using 50 Strawberry, 12 Sweet Sauce, and 10 Witch Starsand. Here, we’re using WSS as thickening Agent, as we do not have real sugar. However, we have its efficacy proven by Alchemists, so its fine. Make Sure you have Knife and Chef Hat equipped for this step, and Use Stove next to Lecollane
3.       After that, prepare filling with Milk, 12 Sweet Sauce, and 20 Witch Starsand. We dont have Condensed Milk in RO, so u gotta do it yourself. This, however, has a 20% chance to fail. You may need to gather ingredients again. Have Chef’s hat equipped and use Stove again.
4.       For the Crust, You’re gonna use Luna Kalleet as Pie Tin. So gear swap to that. This time, Use Oven. (PS: Tested on Old Stove/Waste Stove from ein_dun. Too Hot for baking)
5.       Once You have Payon Field Strawberry Jam, Condensed White Cream, and Mommy Tart Crust in your inventory, use Royal Cooking Kit and Pray. Marionette Control and Priest Buffs Recommended.

Enjoy!

And so I don’t get disqualified, he’s a Pic with the leftovers and my ign on it (yes, I forgot, and I served before posting)
Happy Holidays,

~Azey

image.png.8b2956c6aca8ad2659c49e5dbe9df567.png

and here are some bugged duplicate pictures i couldn't remove:
please disregard lmao (first forum post, couldn't figure this out)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Got to love the spore! It honestly looks delicious!

Powdered Milk Poring Family

Freljord Ashe's recipe - TalonRO 2020 Holiday Cooking Contest

Story time: Heroes of Umbala

Spoiler

There once was a powerful human child named Ezareth, adopted while he was still a baby by a family in Umbala. Born with a unique magic power, he trained both his body and his spirit in the ways of the ancient Soul Linkers, developing a secret ability to turn monsters into smaller versions of themselves, a spell he called Eswoo. Through this powerful spell, the gigantic monsters that attacked the village of Umbala turned weak, effectively allowing the small-sized warriors of Umbala to easily defeat them. He was widely respected by his countrymen.

Because of the dangerous proximity between the realms of the living and the dead, thanks to the portal connecting both at the bottom of the Hvergelmir's Fountain, what once was simply fending off Wootan Fighters and Shooters rapidly turned into a war against a undead army of Gibbets, Dullahans and Loli Ruris.

Because of the constant attacks of the cursed army, their farms were destroyed, their cattle was killed and hunger plagued the town. Many expeditions were sent to storm Niflheim, the undead territory, but none ever came back. It is believed that the undead realm prevents any living being of entering their territory.

Ezareth knew things could not stand that way and decided to venture throughout Midgard to seek help. As Ezareth headed towards Alberta to seek information from the Merchant Guild, our hero heard the legend of an ancient Biochemist known as Shyvana, the Dragonborn. Legend told this heroic Biochemist was a witch who once helped humanity fight great monsters that endangered their lives, such as the almighty Eddga, who threatened the village of Payon; the gigantic Phreeoni, who killed dozens of rogues near Morroc; and even the legendary ice wolf known as Garm, who surrounded the pacific Christmas village of Lutie.

Legend told Shyvana had retired years ago and was living in complete isolation at the Mt. Mjolnir, somewhere southwest of Aldebaran and north Geffen. Ezareth knew he needed the help of this legendary Biochemist if he wanted to succeed, so he went in search of this legendary witch.

After three days and three nights of a long journey, Ezareth finally arrived at the Mt. Mjolnir fields, where our hero climbed huge mountains to get to the top of a cliff, where there seemed to be someone living inside of an old, small house. Even before he knocked on the door, a dragon-esque, all dressed in red figure emerged, speaking as loud as a thunder: “WHO DARES DISTURB MY REST?”

- Calm down! – said Ezareth – I am not an enemy, I come to seek thy help!

- And why should I help you, human? – replied Shyvana.

- Aren’t you the legendary witch that defeated gigantic monsters and saved many lives all around Midgard?

- I was, but I am no longer. I am just an old hag trying to live my last years in solitude. You see, these many years of fighting terrible enemies have cost me a lot. I am not as strong as I once was. I will dedicate my last years exclusively to cooking with the secret ingredients from this mountain, until I finally die.

- Please! – begged Ezareth – You are our only hope! Nobody else has the power to defeat the evil Lord of Death!

- The Lord of Death? Hmm… If you truly need my help, listen carefully. I’ve dedicated my last years to cooking. Cooking is not just about feeding the starving, you see. It’s about magic. In my recent researches, I discovered a powerful tonic that gives you great ability to enter Niflheim, the realm of the undead. I’m talking about Hwergelmir's Tonic. You should bring my all these ingredients if you truly wish me to help – said Shyvana, handing Ezareth a list of ingredients.

- Thy will be done – said Ezareth, before heading towards Hvergelmir's Fountain.

It tooks days of hard work for Ezareth to find all the ingredients, the most rare one being the famous Yggdrasil Berry. Once he gathered all those ingredients, he went back to Mt. Mjolnir, requesting an audience with Shyvana.

- Very well, you have made it. – said Shyvana. – Now, allow me some time to prepare it the tonic. – she said, as she closed the door and started “cooking”, something that seemed a lot more like witchcraft.

(…)

- Here it is, the Hvergelmir's Fountain. By drinking this beverage, your heart shall stop and your blood shall freeze, though only for some minutes, time enough for you trick the undead into believing you are one of them. Beware, though: once inside the undead territory, when the effect of the tonic vanishes, all the undead will immediately attack you. You only have some minutes to defeat the Lord of Death. I shall accompany you this one last time – said Shyvana.

The heroes headed back to Umbala. An ancient Umbala legend told there was a portal connecting the realm of the living and the dead that could only be accessed throughout an act of courage: a bungee jump straight to the river under the bridge. So they jumped. At the very moment they thought to have reached the ground, both passed out. They later woke up in a strange place, full of darkness, stepping on bones. It was Niflheim, the realm of the dead.

- We arrived. – said Shyvana. – Do not expected us to be welcomed.

- And so you won’t – declared a rough, scary voice.

- Who said that??? – yelled Ezareth.

- Didn’t you came looking for me? I am the Lord of Death, the king of the undead and I shall conquer the whole human world. You may have fooled my weaklings with this pathetic tonic, but I shall not be fooled. You are a living being and you don’t belong in this realm… but you will. Now, prepare yourself to die!

The fighting started. Ezareth tried to perform his best spells against the Lord of Death, namely Estun and Esma, but he was completely immune to it. All he could do is use Estin against the evil lord to push him back a little, which was not a problem for the Lord of Death, though, as he could easily brandish his spear from a long distance and his army of undead could easily reach his enemies.

- We are not going to make it, he is too strong! – yelled Ezareth to Shyvana.

- Don’t you have any spell that can slow him down? – screamed Shyvana, as she ran away from the army of the undead following the Lord of Death.

- Ezareth channeled his inner strength into one single spell: ESWOO!

- This should slow him! Now, let’s light those undead on fire! DEMONSTRATION!

Shyvana burnt all the undead with her Molotov Cocktails, while also breaking the Lord of Death’s War Axe, his almighty spear. She then summoned a bunch of carnivore plants, namely Parasites, Geographers and Mandragoras, eating the bones and dead flesh of the rest of the undead – BIO CANNIBALIZE!

- FOOLS! – Screamed the Lord of Death. – Do you think these stupid tricks can stop me? All I need is my armor and magic! GRAND CROSS OF DARKNESS! – Screamed the evil lord, as he killed all of the plants with one single spell.

- We are not even scratching him! – shouted Ezareth.

- I shall deal with it: ACID TERROR! – screamed Shyvana, as she threw a bunch of acid bottles aimed to the Lord of Death’s shield and armor.

- AAAAAGH, MY ARMOR!! – Screamed the evil lord as his armor and shield started to corrode in front of his eyes. – This foolish errand has gone too far. I don’t need an army, my armor or any weapon to kill you both, my magic is more than enough! HELL’S JUDGEMENT! – Announced the Lord of Death, as he started channeling all his energy into his one final magic.

- We are doomed! This is his ultimate technique, no one has ever seen this spell and survived to tell about it! – screeched Shyvana.

- A powerful magic you say? This will be his demise then: KAITE! – shout Ezareth, as he protected both with a magic coat capable of reflecting all enemy magic back to the caster three times stronger. – DIE, EVIL LORD!

- NOOOoooooo… - howled the Lord of Death, as his immortal soul and bones slowly started to fade away with the power of his own magic.

(…)

Both came back to Umbala, now lauded as heroes. As a token of appreciation for saving the village of Umbala, an ancient shaman from Umbala rewarded them with a powerful magic: with the spiritual power of Ezareth, combined with the cooking witchcraft of Shyvana, they were taught a new skill: spiritual cooking, a powerful magic that allowed our heroes to craft recipes with the soul of their defeated enemies.

Their first plate? A recipe they named “Powdered Milk Poring Family”, an extremely sweet plate made with the souls of Porings, Poporings, Drops, Magmarings and a Mastering! Deliciously heroic!

The plate/recipe: Powdered Milk Poring Family

1628114530_6(finalplate).thumb.jpg.b01662f6f337af8746b7e378663272a2.jpg

Ingredients:

Spoiler

- Powdered milk, 500g

- Sugar, 500g

- Sweetened condensed milk, 600g (it may vary)

- Food coloring (as many colors as you want)

- Icing pen (as many colors as you want)

1872376476_1(ingredients).thumb.jpg.2a87b3ba958242cdfaf0b22d5b49c8cb.jpg

1009745900_2(ingredients).thumb.jpg.0af1353886a52cb64e47b6699d42f996.jpg

How to make it:

Spoiler

1)    Mix all the powdered milk, the sugar and the sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl, until they look kind of like this (notice that it CAN’T be so wet that you can’t shape it into little balls; don’t use water or milk, only sweetened condensed milk, okay?):

111788958_3(mixedingredients).thumb.jpg.f4d5891f49e76940e682a1e8ef98bf11.jpg

2)    Once you mixed all the ingredients and got the necessary texture (enough to shape it into whatever you want), separate the mixed ingredients into smaller portions, in as many bowls as you want different colors and add the food coloring of your choice (I used pink, green, orange and black):

311774122_4(individualportions).thumb.jpg.3eee9980e003dd15aad0090624211a9c.jpg

3)    Mix the food coloring with the mixed ingredients (but don’t assemble all of the colors together!). To make things easier, you can always wrap them in the format of balls, but make sure the food coloring is all around the portion, otherwise it will not color the whole recipe:

2065613212_5(coloredportions).thumb.jpg.4123c99f2bc45fa5e90d407071c12b7e.jpg

4)    Once you have the colored balls of candy, you can separate them into smaller balls, making porings, poporings, drops, marins, magmarings, masterings, ghostring… feel completely free! All you need for drawing their little faces (eyes and mouth) is an icing pen (word of advise: please, PLEASE don’t use normal pen – they are toxic!). Here’s what I did:

1628114530_6(finalplate).thumb.jpg.b01662f6f337af8746b7e378663272a2.jpg

Voilà! Your extra sweetie candy is ready to be served. Hope you enjoy this delicious delicatessen, it’s inspired by a typical Brazilian candy, but with a little TalonRO/RO twist from myself ^^

GM Zelda Challenge: there is SO MUCH sugar in this recipe, I swear.

GM Spica Challenge: a lot of (sweetened condensed) milk too!

GM Blackstar Challenge: both the food coloring and the icing pen are merely used as decorative presentation, so that must count!

My IGN is Freljord Ashe, but you can also find me at Wrath of Andraste and Shyvana the Dragonborn.

Thanks a lot, I hope you all appreciate the effort!

Edited by Freljord Ashe
  • Like 2
  • Fsh 4
  • Love 2
  • No1 1

@Bababoowee hahaha I love that story, it's so funny! Also the MEEEEAT *drools*

@Freljord Ashe bringing in the sugar! Have to say, I eat that too often for my own good, but it's so delicious. Try adding some Nescau, makes it amazing! 

• Love 2

23 hours ago, GM Zelda said:

@Bababoowee hahaha I love that story, it's so funny! Also the MEEEEAT *drools*

@Freljord Ashe bringing in the sugar! Have to say, I eat that too often for my own good, but it's so delicious. Try adding some Nescau, makes it amazing! 

@GM Zelda are you brazilian or is this also a thing outside Brazil? I never imagined other people enjoying such a sweet candy haha

Will surely try your Nescau version! Thanks ^^

GM Zelda BR confirmed /heh

Holy shit @Freljord Ashe thats made with no heat whatsoever? wow never knew.. seems great to do with kids

good job!

@Bababoowee Yours look so tasty! im hungry @_@ 

Thanks for joining!

~Azey

• Love 2

You people are making such delish foods! /fsh Keep up the good work!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Freljord Ashe said:

@GM Zelda are you brazilian or is this also a thing outside Brazil? I never imagined other people enjoying such a sweet candy haha

Will surely try your Nescau version! Thanks ^^

Hahaha yeah, I'm Brazilian! You and @rangelaaz know it! Best way to find a Brazilian: see if they use condensed milk everywhere, AMIRITE?

@vievie those are suuuuper cute, I'm in love /lb 

• Love 3

@GM Zelda I knew it! Nice to have a brazilian friend around. Also, we sure use condensed milk EVERYWHERE haha

@rangelaaz Thanks a lot, my recipe was supposed to be for kids, indeed, but... I kinda ate it all. Not sorry though! Also, I love your Strawberry Tart, and you have always been nice the times we met in game, so I hope we both win this! ^^

• Fsh 1
  • Heh 1

Alice’s Whisper of Death Cupcakes

22.thumb.jpg.7b703e2e06c430c15231ac22bcc239be.jpg

Story Time

Spoiler

It’s been years since Alice has been allowed to see her family, and every year the holidays get harder to get through. She spends hours looking out the windows of Glast Heim, watching the snow hit the ground and wondering when she will get to leave. Ever since her original owners left the castle, things took a dark turn as she went from a maid to a slave. The Abysmal Knight of Glast Heim took ownership of Alice and now he roams the castle to ensure she never leaves the premises.

One night, the knight walked into the library to find Alice with her head on the desk, fast asleep from reading her book.

Abysmal Knight: “Alice?”

“…..ALICE!!!”

Alice: “Oh no…I’m so sorry! It was an accident; the sound of the storms makes me sleepy. I-…never mind.. what can I do for you?”

Abysmal Knight: “Sleep is scheduled from 10pm to 4am. You know this, Alice. You also know that I like to have my dinner prepared by 6pm, and it’s 6:04. So why am I staring at an empty plate, Alice?”

Alice: “Sir it was an accident… it won’t happen again I swear.”

Abysmal Knight: “A week in the chamber for you. Disgusting. Despicable. I ask for simple things, Alice. Why do you make these simple things so difficult… *sighs* Before you go, I want my dinner made AND dessert. Make yourself useful, pitiful girl.”

Alice didn’t say a word as she was already trying to fight off showing tears. As she dragged herself to the kitchen, she couldn’t help but think what her life would be like if she were ownerless.

She thought: “Wow…imagine…no one to serve. No one to pick up after, no one to cook for. Everything I do is for someone else-- I forgot what it’s like to live for myself. I forgot what happiness is… Is this my life? Is my life defined as someone else’s maid…servant…slave?”

With dinner in the oven, Alice got a head start on dessert and realized there was no vanilla. She went into the pantry and reached into the spice cupboard only to find empty containers and a weird glowing red bottle that sparked her interest. She brought the bottle into the kitchen to better see it and realized it was in the shape of a skull.

She turned the bottle over to read “VIOLAA’S DEADLY POISON: Use sparingly”

Alice: “What is this?? I don’t remember buying this..”

She paused and realized what she had in her hands.

Alice: “Violaa..that’s the Assassin Cross who rolled through here not too long ago... this is hers! She poisons everyone who crosses her, with no remorse. If she can do it, it’s ok if I do it, right..?  Oh man, I can’t remember how she used this thing…”

Alice pulled off the lid and the bottle revealed a horrible smell; the smell of death. She realized that with a stench that harsh it would be hard to hide, so she started with one drop of the poison added to the cake mix. A burst of smoke erupted from the cake batter and formed the shape of a skull.

Alice: “This has to be it. If I add any more, he’s going to know I’m trying to kill him..”

Everything was ready. The knight ate his dinner and was now waiting for dessert. With a deep breath, Alice walked into the dining room holding a plate of the knight’s favorite sweet treat: a strawberry shortcake.

Abysmal Knight: “Well, isn’t this something? Alice does something right. Now shoo, I want to enjoy this without a miserable wench watching me. GO ON NOW, BYE-BYE.”

Alice smiled. “Yes, bye-bye now.”

Strawberry Shortcakes (cupcake)

Spoiler

TIP: This cake batter takes a few tries to get the consistency right (sometimes it gets to be like cornbread) I suggest using cake-mix for an easier route.

Ingredients:

3 cups white flour

21/2 cups sugar

1/2 tsp salt

3 tsp baking powder

2 cups butter

6 eggs

1/2 milk

2 tsp vanilla (poison hehe)

strawberries

--------------- Icing--------------

8 oz cream cheese (Philadelphia is superior)

1/2 cup sugar

2 cups heavy cream

black icing

1.thumb.jpg.b209b44110434457c278e7a0acc3d5b0.jpg

Preheat oven to 350F degrees & spray cooking spray into cupcake tin or lay out cupcake liners.

In one bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.

2.thumb.jpg.4f46e6fcedf6f2e3df090b2f1296530e.jpg

In another bowl, beat the butter & add eggs, one at a time, until blended well.

3.thumb.jpg.2c4316258533d3fb8c980810f549fa49.jpg

Add milk and vanilla to the egg/butter mix & beat well.

4.thumb.jpg.e9ac4f380b4d4e99593f63e9cba340f0.jpg

Slowly add the dry ingredients into the egg/butter mix & beat until smooth. (This should be THICCCC)

5.thumb.jpg.fd9c77c10166d6f101a815364f104df2.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.a8432dd9891ba771690dbfd022f02561.jpg

Fill the cupcake tin about 1/2 way per cake. Bake for 19-22 minutes or use the toothpick test.

7.thumb.jpg.8fea827a1ca9ed3bf774ac579d5724da.jpg

While these bake, start dicing the strawberries~

8.thumb.jpg.9889bd10aa9f98122caeaf824ae1a400.jpg

Once the cupcakes are ready to come out of the oven, they need to be COMPLETELY cooled in order to continue.

9.thumb.jpg.cfc4d5a367999fda5da746bf804e7171.jpg

So while waiting for the cakes to cool, the icing can be made. A huge tip: use a metal bowl, and FREEZE it for 10 min before starting the icing.

Whisk together the cream cheese and sugar until well blended.

10.thumb.jpg.ed27c95ef4c485712d8b4e58eff3e69d.jpg

Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream at a time to the cream cheese mixture and whisk till all blended.

11.thumb.jpg.b3a6d6874a589a6e6867316bffcb03cf.jpg

Then your 20 year old mixer is going to break and then you have to whisk by hand till it burns and then your arm goes numb (or not............).

Whisk until you can make tough peaks, this is supposed to be a WHIPPED icing~

12.thumb.jpg.844b839688753485953bc85491a7c6eb.jpg

We are ready to decorate! There are 2 ways we can make these ghosts, flat or dome.

Either way, start by cutting off the top of the COMPLETELY COOLED CUPCAKE, RIGHT??!?! (just making sure.....)

13.thumb.jpg.89634b440633aaeb5cf915fc1c9f2dbc.jpg

Scrape out the middle portion using a spoon (I used a knife because i'm edgy) and fill it up with strawberries.

14.thumb.jpg.a3dd21ec6ef7a063c555cf928bca213b.jpg

For flat-top Whispers: these are ready for icing. The leftover cupcake that we cut out can either be eaten OR you can save it for home-made cakecops (just requires icing, white chocolate, & sticks). (And now that i'm thinking about it, cakepop Whispers would have been so cute omg but I ate all the cake already....)

For "3D" or dome-shaped Whispers, simply add the top you just cut off.

15.thumb.jpg.0a6543c138fa0b28aacd5335ef5997d2.jpg

Personally, I think the "3D" ones are cuter, but for the sake of this challenge, I decided to do flat tops since the pictures turned out better and way easier to see.

But here is what dome-boi Whisper looks like:

19.thumb.jpg.65473b6890b0490866e72305c7b8afa9.jpg

BONK

20.thumb.jpg.a2aab74c263a27cd42c96ff323eb23bd.jpg

Whisper guts:

21.thumb.jpg.af4db46b219087ed1d4bb8da11ee29c1.jpg

Okay back to flat tops:

16.thumb.jpg.ae516e8e72e7c3eb4c796f817d54d087.jpg

Frost with the cream-cheese icing. Recommended to put it in the fridge for about 10-15 min before adding the black icing.

(The black icing would slide and slightly bleed while I worked on cupcakes that weren't cold.)

17.thumb.jpg.453972bcb9253882e1d81c3bc6df649c.jpg

Decorate the Whispers~ I started out by putting 3 dots of black icing onto the cupcake and lightly swirled the eyes and mouth with a toothpick.

22.thumb.jpg.1999870ab9ab2c8f4c2f5124ebc1dce6.jpg

The derpier, the better. I hope you guys try this recipe; although strawberry shortcake is a great summer treat, I have been making it for Thanksgiving/Christmas every year for the past 6 years; this is my holiday tradition (without Whispy, unfortunately). ENJOY~ ❤️

LASt.thumb.jpg.285f7109a4a7f7d345ca04156ebb528d.jpg

I dropped the paper on right side Whisper & ruined his nose right before this pic :/ rip.

Edited by ShanHarish
  • Like 3
  • Fsh 1
  • Love 2
  • No1 1