Halloween Event 2014: Celia Descends!

GM Howl

• Admin Consultant

HweenusAnimated2014.gif

Be sure and run both your TalonROPatch.exe and RagnarokPatch.exe in order to participate!

Halloween on TalonRO once again returns - and the celebrations, thrills, and spooky chills will last for two weeks! The setting of Halloween comes back once again to the haunted city of Verus! Having repelled the forces of the evil alchemist Flamel, Verus is faced again with a new threat on the horizon. With minigames, invasions, prizes, new headgears, costumes, and much more, Halloween 2014 is a frighteningly fun seasonal event on TalonRO! Read on for this year's activities.

Banner1%20as%20Smart%20Object-1.png

[table][tr][td]

Verus%20Curse2.png

CeliaDescends.png

[/td][td]

Welcome back to the City of Verus - a charming and once quiet town full of happy townspeople who live just outside of Lighthalzen. Festivities for their annual Halloween celebration have come once more. As the city begins their preparations this Halloween, they are also haunted by the grim reminder of the events one year ago. Residents of Verus have begun reporting strange phenomenon around the areas near the remnants and fields of Flamel's Laboratory.

Halloween returns to Verus. Since the end of the terror brought upon them by Emul Flamel's creations, the citizens of Verus have dutifully attempted to restore their secretive city. The Rekenber Corporation, eager for Verus to resume their shipments of technology and minerals, have sent a branch of their Biotechnical Research and Development team to Verus. Led by Professor Celia Alde, her team of researchers have been working on examining the contents of Flamel's underground laboratory. However, Flamel's lab has yielded many frightening and disturbing discoveries. However, Residents in Verus first began to notice strange activities shortly after Professor Celia Alde's team began their expeditions into Verus - yet Dr. Alde's team has seemingly disappeared! What has become of Dr. Alde's team deep within the sealed areas of Flamel's old lab? What harrowing discovery did they make during their expeditions for the Rekenber corporation? The answers are within this year's banner event - Celia Descends: Strings of Dissonance!

As always, the Queen of the Damned will be your event warper for the duration of Halloween on TalonRO. She can be found in Prontera City right next to the Fountain - you can't miss her! From there, you'll begin the spooky descent into Verus and the expedition to learn what happened to Professor Alde's team!

Don't feel as though you're going it alone however! The event will automatically put markers on your minimap of where you can find something to do during the event. Terror and fun will await you at every turn in Verus this year.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Halloween on TalonRO means minigames - and lots of them! Although Verus is once again plagued by terrors from the old Alchemist's lab, that won't stop the townspeople from celebrating Halloween this year. They've invited a traveling circus to town and they're ready to put on a great Halloween show!

Players can expect to enjoy rousing minigames of all types, including:

• 7539.gif  Poring Seek. When this minigame is running, our mischief makers will release Porionettes around the map. The person who kills most after 5 minutes wins!

• 5340.gif  Simon Says. Copy the movements carefully as ordered! If you do, you'll be rewarded well!
  • 18750.gif  Blackjack. Two-handed Blackjack with a special twist! Everyone votes on how the next hand should be dealt. It's a cooperative game involving both luck and skill!
  • 8528.gif  Trick or Treat. Speak with the children of Verus for a chance to earn some exclusive Halloween-themed prizes.

These are the main events of the festivities! Throughout all of the events in Verus, you'll be working to obtain Prize Tickets! You can exchange these for some neat prizes!

Finally - these aren't the only Halloween events! This event unfolds dynamically - meaning that new minigames and challenges will appear as the storyline of Verus unfolds right before you!

Each minigame will have a different color prize ticket - this is important!  Most prizes require some of each color ticket. Some games will drop one color of ticket, while hunting mobs may drop another kind of ticket. You'll need to cycle through all of the events in Verus to find them all - so get ready for a whole lot of fun!

Lastly, special prizes will be awarded to the top three players who exchange the most Rare Tokens, and the top three who earn the most minigame points! An exciting competition for all with special prizes to be awarded to the players who place the highest in the rankings. Keep an eye too as the event unfolds - new competitions may be added as a result of the storyline unfolding before you!

[/td][td]

Games.png

game1.png

Tickets.png

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

SurviveBanner.png

Survive.png

[/td][td]

Surviving Halloween is easier said than done, with various maps of increasingly difficult monsters to fight through. These special mobs are coming from an area deep within the remains of the old Flamel laboratory. Defeating the monsters will present both an exciting challenge, but also all monsters will drop Rare Tokens, which if you look around, may be valuable to someone! Perhaps you'll even get a chance to get some Tickets from collecting the Rare Tokens!

Trick or Treaters will also be roaming around Verus this year! What would a Halloween celebration be without Trick or Treaters?  As you enter Verus, you will encounter fellow Trick or Treaters of all kinds. Some will give you helpful tips, while others will not tolerate being bothered and will strike back if necessary.  More importantly, occasionally you will find a Trick or Treater who offers you the chance to actually trick or treat him or her!  To give them treats, you'll need Lucky Candy.  You've probably earned some from battling Halloween mobs already, but if not - keep hunting. The most intrepid Trick or Treaters may even get useful items or ingredients for their efforts!

With so many chances to win prizes - whether it is participating in the battle to save Verus, fighting monsters in the challenge fields, or going Trick or Treating - there's something for everyone this Halloween.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Not only are Halloween's events big, you bet that you'll be able to earn big one-of-a-kind Halloween prizes. We have new headgears and special costumes this year, plus three new exclusive pets: Lude, Hylozoist, and the Beary Punny Bear.

We also have some wonderful new event-only costumes this year, which you can only obtain from our Halloween event. such as the Halloween Pumpkin Head Hat - our flagship event hat with great stats. The Glowing Witch Hat and Marionette Chain Puppet Costume can be obtained from our Halloween mobs as drops, while the Lude Hat Costume and Diabolic Headphones Costume can be obtained via quest collections, along with the Halloween Pumpkin Head Hat.

Finally, we've also included an extremely rare costume somewhere in our Halloween event! We won't spoil what it is, but very few people will likely end up with it at all! This is an exceptionally rare costume that will only be available during these next two weeks. If you find it, you're sure to be the envy of all of TalonRO! Good luck finding this hidden and very desirable new costume!

How do you earn these awesome prizes? It's easy! Exchange your tickets from farming for great prizes like Trick or Treat bags, headgears, and other random essentials. Other prizes might drop from some of the Halloween mobs as well! You'll need to get out there and play in order to discover all of the hidden treasures around this year.

Collect rags and napkins from Trick or Treaters to complete the headgear and costume quests throughout Verus as well. Be sure to bring some Lucky Candy (found from Halloween mob drops) to give to them...unless you try to trick them, of course!

Explore the city of Verus and learn about all of the amazing things you can make and receive from this year's event.  [/td][td]

Prizes.png

Prizes2014.png

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Update%20Talon.png

[/td][td]

Are you ready for an unforgettable Halloween experience on TalonRO? To make sure that you don't encounter any problems, be sure to run and update both your TalonROPatch.exe -and- RagnarokPatch.exe in your TalonRO folder. These updates contain essential files for you to participate in Halloween and without them, you will likely crash! Once you're updated, head on over to Verus to check out all of the Halloween mayhem and mischief!

Lastly - a few important rules for all out Halloween event this year:

• Killstealing on any of the event mob maps or during the live GM-hosted Verus events is strictly forbidden. Anyone found killstealing from players during this event will be subject to stricter punishments. Please respect one another's ability to enjoy a fun Halloween event which all players can enjoy.

• In the unlikely event that something is not working as intended in the event, please let a GM know right away or by posting this in our Bug Reports subforum. If the error is serious and/or would potentially result in an unfair or advantageous exploit, please notify the High GM staff via Support Ticket. Any player found exploiting any errors or unintended effects with the Halloween event will be subject to severe punishment, up to and including a ban from the server.

[/td][/tr][/table]

Halloween/Autumn Auras!

With the help of Miluiel and GM Aurelia, some unique Auras were created last year - and you should feel free to enjoy them this year!

To install them, simply download one of the files below. Extract them inside your TalonRO folder and you're good to go!

Do note that this may replace any existing custom auras!

[table][tr]

[td]GPL3Bd3.png

Download Here[/td]

[td]qvNVnZs.png

Download Here[/td]

[td]klptS2E.png

Download Here[/td]

[/tr][/table]

From all of us at TalonRO, we're wishing you a wonderfully wild month full of events, prizes, and exciting new challenges.

Happy Halloween to you all!

banner2%20as%20Smart%20Object-1%20copy.PNG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i already extracted the custom aura inside my talonro folder,but its still the same blue aura ingame.can anyone help me?

Try going to this location:

TalonRO → data → texture → effect

If you don't have the "effect" folder, make one and extract it there. I hope this helps.

I had a problem with this, too. And my friend taught me this.

Thank you so much for the hard work to make this event possible. I can't wait to log-in TxT But first... Gotta patch my client x_x

I'm sure a lot of players will be very busy these coming days. Thank you again! *A*

Happy Halloween to everyone!

Try going to this location:

TalonRO → data → texture → effect

If you don't have the "effect" folder, make one and extract it there. I hope this helps.

I had a problem with this, too. And my friend taught me this.

Thank you so much for the hard work to make this event possible. I can't wait to log-in TxT But first... Gotta patch my client x_x

I'm sure a lot of players will be very busy these coming days. Thank you again! *A*

Happy Halloween to everyone!

it worked!thx a lot