Sign in to follow this  
sther

Auto Blitz, confusion, advice

Hello all, I only started TalonRO recently and am making a PVM-only auto-blitz sniper, and not used to low rates (came from high rates server).

my current equips are:

Upper: Glowing Witch Hat + Grand peco card (5% chance for gloria level 1 upon being hit)

Mid: none yet

Lower: none yet

Armor + Garment: Pantie + Undershirt combo

Shoe: Sandals + Zombie Prisoner card

Weapon: Hunter Bow

Accessory 1: Bow Thimble (slotless)

Accessory 2: none yet

Stats:

agi 99

dex 29+21

dex 58+4

Current TC's: 26

Questions:

1. Valk helm [1] vs Valk helm kaho - from reading the entire Archer subforum, everyone suggests Valk helm [1] with Gryphon card. Why choose the dex-less helm instead? Not just for autoblitz or DS build.

2. Why does some auto-blitz sniper only have very low agi like 48 agi? Such as in this thread: https://forum.talonro.com/index.php?topic=46399.0

3. Under which category do I look for in the Rewards NPC to get Valk helm [1]?

4. Elven Bow, where do I get one?

5. Elven Bow vs Rudra Bow. is Rudra worth the 10 TC?

6. My next move is to buy a Snipe Suit. Is this correct move? What to get after getting a Snipe Suit?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to answer. kinda hard to learn everything from scratch again! especially with the server rates difference ;)

1.) coz valk helm gives agi luk and vit. everything a sniper needs. where as a kaho can only give 20 more dex. high end snipers will always find valk more useful (ofc the slot for gryphon card which gives 20 crit)

2.) coz most stats go to luk and int for falcon damage. agi can be compensated by doppels and flee gears or w/e

3.) it's an SQI item. end game stuff. read up on super quest item at http://wiki.talonro.com

4.) gargoyles drop them. you can find out for yourself next time at https://panel.talonro.com/itemdb.html

5.) no. hell no. it's just for artemis. rental rudra is cheap anyway. it's at rental master at middle of pront

6.) get a sniping suit if you do sharp shooting a lot. if you DS a lot, you can postpone buying an armor and stay with pantie for now and buy more useful stuff like creamy card. you could buy a sniping suit for the crit it gives but that's it.

extra stoof:

• throw away that glowing witch hat, a puppy hat would do you better for sure. get enough agi for puppy hat's combo.

• don't bother with mid unless you geared everything else
  • I suggest you join a guild. it's nice to have some guidance. unless you're a soloist then nvm
  • Kahli should be able to give you tips on this some more(one of the few auto blitz enthusiasts in the server)
    go bug her ;D

Kahli should be able to give you tips on this some more(one of the few auto blitz enthusiasts in the server)

go bug her ;D

Rofl! Thanks..

Alright, well first of all, you're going to want to get a bow with Doppelganger cards. This will raise your aspd so you won't need to get any ( or very little ) agi, and you can stick those points into int and luk. Hunter/Elven are simply not good for an auto-Blitz build, and though Rudra has an int bonus, it doesn't have a slot ( for the Doppelganger you'll want ).

Personally I still prefer a Kaho, but I play an auto-Blitz/Crit build, so I want that dex. Kaho will give you dex and int ( and some str for the billion arrows.. ), Valk gives agi/luk/vit. It's really up to you which you want to use. Since you didn't say you're also a crit build, then Gryphon is obviously optional as well. I personally use Bloody Knight in my mid, with a Gangster Scarf lower. Most of the Sniper build(s?) mentioned on this forum are strictly Sharp Shooting or DS builds, and almost all of the Snipers I meet have that kind of build. Only a small amount of the Sniper topics on the forum are relevant to an auto-Blitz build.

You'll want to ignore point 6 above, since an auto-Blitz build generally doesn't use DS/SS. The crit from a Sniping Suit also doesn't make any difference since the Blitz chance is based on Luk, not Crit. I have one since I occasionally use SS ( and it's lighter than the Odin's I had previously, ugh.. ), but Tights will work just as well.

The "extra stoof" are pretty good suggestions. You should get a bow with Doppels, armour ( with elemental cards like Bathory if you need ), Kaho or Valk Helm as you desire, and then the other stuff. Celeb Rings, Deviling in some garment, mid/lower headgear, et cetera. I'd highly suggest planning out your build on calc.talonro.com and working towards that.

I would like to provide a suggestion regarding your Auto Blitz build. Assuming you're going up against anything not resistant to wind and especially assuming you take this build against something water element like Ice Titans. I highly recommend you pick up this bow called Gale Bow (It's also called Gust Bow in some cases) before you consider Elven Bow.

While the Hunter Bow you have right now can work fine, and while Elven Bow is fantastic for almost every Hunter/Sniper build, this Gale Bow can further improvise Auto Blitz build specifically by taking full advantage of your Int that you will likely invest (along with Agi/Luk) by having a high chance of auto-casting Wind Blade (I believe it's a 20% chance with 40+ Int). This results in additional damage in the form of a secondary attack alongside your auto falcon.

thanks guys for the replies!

yeah sorry, i did mean crit + auto blitz. i think both of them go hand-in-hand with each other nicely. auto-blitz build is much satisfying imo...its cool to see the falcon attacking.

kahli, you mentioned hunter/elven bow isn't good for auto-blitz. which bow would you recommend? compo bow? I can't afford Artemis atm.

I think Neutral's idea of gale bow sure sounds really fun! I kinda agree with Kahli about the Dex LKH helm as opposed to Valk helm too...i think mainly its more easier for me to get 60c for LKH than SQI item insanely hard ;p but i guess some snipers use Valk helm for flee?

Also, how do you recommend i stat myself? Currently level 84. how do you guys think my stats should be like at 99?

Stats:

agi 99

dex 29+21

dex 58+4

I checked several old guides during the official server times 10 years ago and they mostly have 30 dex, hence i followed that. I am not sure how practical this is here.

Updates to equip:

Bought a GEC and stuffed it in a sandals[1]

Thanks again guys! oh yeah i do have a guild. its Esther's guild from Lutie.

thanks guys for the replies!

yeah sorry, i did mean crit + auto blitz. i think both of them go hand-in-hand with each other nicely. auto-blitz build is much satisfying imo...its cool to see the falcon attacking.

kahli, you mentioned hunter/elven bow isn't good for auto-blitz. which bow would you recommend? compo bow? I can't afford Artemis atm.

I think Neutral's idea of gale bow sure sounds really fun! I kinda agree with Kahli about the Dex LKH helm as opposed to Valk helm too...i think mainly its more easier for me to get 60c for LKH than SQI item insanely hard ;p but i guess some snipers use Valk helm for flee?

I checked several old guides during the official server times 10 years ago and they mostly have 30 dex, hence i followed that. I am not sure how practical this is here.

Updates to equip:

Bought a GEC and stuffed it in a sandals[1]

10 years ago means they're completely out of date, and officials aren't relevant to this server.

As I said before, you want a bow - any bow, really - with Doppelganger cards. I use a Comp with 2 Doppels, 2 Turtle Generals. You could use anything, but that's the best you'll get besides an Artemis. Gale Bow would be a fun alternative, you could certainly try it.

I'm afraid you wasted your zeny buying a GEC, it's useless for this build. You're only going to be using SP for self-buffs, and with a bit of an SP pool you shouldn't ever run out unless you go overweight.

As for stats, you really need to get a bow and augment your aspd with that first, then you can start doing good damage. [ Are you still a Hunter? I just assumed so, can edit later but the point still stands. ]

For now ( all total amounts ) :

90~100 agi

30~40 luk

30~40 int

80~100 dex

If you got just 1 Doppel in a Comp Bow with no other cards, you could kill 10% faster. Total stats at the same level:

90 agi

50 int

40 luk

100 dex

2 Doppels would let you kill a monster in half the time, with these stats:

~70 agi

60 int

50 luk

100 dex

Hmm I may try this build out sometime in the future. It sounds like a lot of fun. My only question to those who use this build is how difficult is it to mob? I'm currently using a SS build and mobbing is really easy because of the AoE from SS. Would you say that the AoE from the Auto Blitz is just as easy to handle for mobbing?

Hmm I may try this build out sometime in the future. It sounds like a lot of fun. My only question to those who use this build is how difficult is it to mob? I'm currently using a SS build and mobbing is really easy because of the AoE from SS. Would you say that the AoE from the Auto Blitz is just as easy to handle for mobbing?

No, this build is not for mobbing. The auto-Blitz AoE isn't enough for mid-tier and upwards. You're better off using SS if you want to mob.

No, this build is not for mobbing. The auto-Blitz AoE isn't enough for mid-tier and upwards. You're better off using SS if you want to mob.

Ok thanks  :)

Assuming you want to stick to the pure Auto-Blitz build rather than relying on Critical hits also, you can try a build along these lines for your level:

• 99+ Agi (Staple stat)
  • 24+ Dex (You would keep investing into Dex from here on out, unless you desire more Int or Luk)
  • 40+ Int (If you really like the Gale Bow effect, you could always invest into more Int instead)
  • 40+ Luk (if you believe your auto-blitz needs more chances to proc, you can always try more luk, but I would strongly recommend Dex or Int instead since this is easily remedied by Gloria support)

This, combined with the following gears (when combined with what you currently have):

Reference link in case you're interested (this assumes Rosary accessories): https://calc.talonro.com/?cakbwaYabbLabayaOaOukaakjaaQaaaaaae5aaaaaaaaagfaayJaaeueOaalraafkgZfGaafGaaaaaaahkkkkfkaaGNfaaahsaaaaHaaaa

The following stats and the following suggested gears would get you to a total of 187+ Attack Speed, believe it or not! This is accomplished completely by Hunter/Gear/Awakening Potion buffs alone.

This build is overall a really low budget build and not that hard to invest into (the most you'll spend is 20 Talon Coins or ~20m for the Doppelganger card, ~40-60k for Succubus horns [a lot more affordable than Incubus horns], ~5 Talon Coins or ~4-5m for Evil Mask, and ~1-2m for the Gale Bow.

As you can see here, this is not only an extremely low budget build but can also be an extremely effective build, which is also extremely easy to expand upon later on. This build also makes use of the GEC card you purchased due to what the Evil Mask combo does (more information here). You could use this build as a starting point. I hope it helps.

SS is more effective than Blitz Bit for mobbing. But I guess you REALLY like this blitz bit. So here it is...

Auto-Blitz isn't effective against mob of monsters because total damage are equally separated depending on the number of mobs being targeted. However, you can use the Blitz Bit skill manually to do full damage against mobs. If you ever get mobbed don't be afraid to trigger that Blitz Bit skill! Good luck on blitzing.

DPS wise, I much prefer spamming DS and SS alike, but I like the lock effect from auto-blitz though.

Every 3 Luk adds 1% chance for auto-blitz, so I usually get about 75 total Luk for 25% blitz chance. That's like once every 4 hits ideally.

Thanks for your suggestion guys! Neutral's suggestion is really good, thumbs up! ;) you guys should really write a dedicated guide for Auto-blitz build ;p but yeah Yurneric's right about the DPS aspect of DS , SS and Auto-blitz. Falconing is quite often overlooked even in other servers.

Would it be a good idea to request for a falcon buff? This will make auto-blitz or falconassault builds become fun! say, new custom equips that increases falcon damage by 5% or something.

Also, questions:

1) I am confused about Accessories. When do I use Glove [1] and Bow Thimble [1]? Say for each situation DS, SS and Auto-blitz / Critting. I can't really find a concrete answer about this so far. I read somewhere that Bow Thimble amps up raw damage.....i assume that means physical attack.

2) Chewing bubblegum / Gangster scarf? Sorry...i mean to ask...+1% or ATK+5? I am not sure how the % or + affects my equips either in DS or AutoBlitz/Critting.

thanks guys!

Bow Thimble affects your overall damage

bonus bLongAtkRate,3;

Glove gives you dex, which can help bump you up to the next dex damage bonus ( every 10 dex, like str ). Bow Thimble is pretty much what you use when you can't afford to get slotted gloves or Celeb Ring ( or Bris.. ).

As for build-specific, almost all builds can benefit from higher dex. Even Beast Strafe [ Damage formula : (50% + 8% * STR) * ATK * 2 Hits ] technically could benefit from having Gloves. Celeb Ring gives all stats a bonus, so it's good for every build, all-around. I personally use Celebs and formerly used Glove[sting] because I have a crit/auto-Blitz build, so I need stats basically everywhere. If you want something for a more specialized build, then of course it'll depend on what that build needs ( and what you can afford ). If you want a pure falcon build that doesn't attack with a bow, then you'll want int ( Earring ). If you want to do Beast Strafe, you might want a str bonus instead.

To see exactly which is better, you're best off using the calc. I personally use a Gangster Scarf for a straight +5 atk, though I share it with my other characters.

*Looked in the calc, Chewing Bubblegum is very slightly better for my DPS than Gangster Scarf. I prefer GS for the sprite though. :D

To further point out about gangster scarf cs chewing gum:

If your final build at this point has over 500 attack then gum will start to out perform scarf. Anything below 500 and scarf will be better.

1% of 500 = 5 attack wich is equal to scarfs flat +5. So between the 2 at higher tier gear gum will outshine scarf for sure but it's very negligible at mid-tier game play.

Just tried this build out with a Rental Ballista and it did not go so well. My other equips are pretty decent (SS type) but I think a Doppleganger carded Bow is a necessity for this type of build/sniper.

hello, may I clear up another confusion? The questions relate to each other and they are all about Lower Heads and comes from Ryn's point which i think makes a lot of sense.

1. Double Strafing. Is this considered Physical Attack? http://irowiki.org/wiki/Attacks

2. If Question 1 is a Yes, is Blood Sucker lower headgear a good idea? For HP Leeching through Double Strafing. The natural hp/sp regen, I think should be okay as I have GEC.

3. Or is it better to get something like Poring Letter lower headgear (Increase dmg against plant by 5%)?

4. Which would u recommend?

I tried on the calculator between Chewing Bubblegum and Gangster Scarf, they both kinda add the same amount of ATK for me.

@chivemblem

yeah, really will need D cards ;p

thanks again guys!

sorry, does this mean that items that increases physical range atk won't increase DS damage?

like Mid head of Hawk Eye which gives dex+1 and increase physical range atk power by 3%. will that up DS damage? thanks!

it will

the main difference between attack and skill is skill cant proc another skill ie firebolt/blitz/whatever

Exactly like Tio said.

Double Strafe is a ATK-based skill, which means anything that adds ATK will improves the damage done with Double Strafe.

ATK-based skill deals physical damage, can be reduced by enemy's Def; whereas MATK-based skill deals magical damage, which can be reduced using MDef. Of course, there are skills that deals a mixture of both.

The general rule of auto-cast is that, only normal attacks will trigger the auto-cast, unless stated otherwise in the item script.

Hello, I have moved from auto-blitz sniper to SS-type to level in Abbey and farm in Gefenia. I didn't want to spam the topics so might as well use my own topic.

Currently I am level 84 sniper with the stats below (and looking to follow general frost's stats from https://forum.talonro.com/index.php?topic=60408.45 ):

Dex 99 + 47 (With True Sight and Att. Conc)

Agi 74 + 26 (With True Sight and Att. Conc)

Luk 5 + 16

Equips I has:

Ship Captain Hat ---> for crit damage and dex + 1

Evil Sniping Suit

Artemis Bow TTT without SQI bonuses (A few of my friends has been kind enough to help me with this)

Undershirt garment

GEC Sandals

Sting Glove

Creamy Glove

Build implemented in Calculator (Calculator link too long):

https://calc.talonro.com/?caybwa0abbmabbLabafkkabwnefnfnfnaae5aaaaaaaaam8aaenaaeulhcllraafkgZfwcwfwfaaaaaajkkkkakkkaaaabaaacuaaaaHaaaa

My main concern is instant cast for SS. Even at 99, I only get 149 Dex, and even at this moment my SS isn't IC without dedicated buffer.

Question 1: What equips shall I get to get it to IC SS?

I thought of Celebration Rings to replace Creamy Glove, but would like to save the zeny for maybe LKH (IC SS) / Valk Helm (SS damage). And teleportation is always nice, as opposed to Fly Wings.

Another one is another Sting Glove..wouldn't that severely reduce my SS damage? Battle duration for 2 Sting Gloves against Incubus is 3.45 seconds.

Another thing that stumped me is, even after i get Valk Helm, I won't have instant cast SS and will need 2 (not 1) Bris...O_O In a sense, all these equips must go together or bust...

Question 2: What equips shall I get next after overcoming this IC SS issue?

Thanks for your help guys!

1. robo eye if you feel rich, else binocular (questable)

2. i dont get how sting glove severely reduce ss dmg

also remember that theres dex from job level bonus