Sign in to follow this  
sther

Auto Blitz, confusion, advice

On 1/15/2015 at 4:40 AM, Sachi said:

10 years ago means they're completely out of date, and officials aren't relevant to this server.

As I said before, you want a bow - any bow, really - with Doppelganger cards. I use a Comp with 2 Doppels, 2 Turtle Generals. You could use anything, but that's the best you'll get besides an Artemis. Gale Bow would be a fun alternative, you could certainly try it.

I'm afraid you wasted your zeny buying a GEC, it's useless for this build. You're only going to be using SP for self-buffs, and with a bit of an SP pool you shouldn't ever run out unless you go overweight.

As for stats, you really need to get a bow and augment your aspd with that first, then you can start doing good damage. [ Are you still a Hunter? I just assumed so, can edit later but the point still stands. ]

For now ( all total amounts ) :

90~100 agi

30~40 luk

30~40 int

80~100 dex

If you got just 1 Doppel in a Comp Bow with no other cards, you could kill 10% faster. Total stats at the same level:

90 agi

50 int

40 luk

100 dex

2 Doppels would let you kill a monster in half the time, with these stats:

~70 agi

60 int

50 luk

100 dex

excuse me, in new to this server.

how to get both 70 agi and 100 dex while having 60 int and 50 luk?

I assume that's total of the stats. To start with, we have kaho (+20 str, +20 dex, +20 int) headgear or valk helm (+20 agi, vit, luk), and accessories like celebration ring (+5 all stat), and brisingamen (+6 all stat except +3 dex and slot). Also, it's common to dual client priest slave, eat cheap foods

Edited by kolela

5 minutes ago, kolela said:

I assume that's total of the stats. To start with, we have kaho (+20 str, +20 dex, +20 int) headgear or valk helm (+20 agi, vit, luk), and accessories like celebration ring (+5 all stat), and brisingamen (+6 all stat except +3 dex and slot). Also, it's common to dual client priest slave, eat cheap foods

thanks, i kinda wish they put it the base stat then add plus to make things clear,

i was looking for blitzer guide, saw blitzer sniper on odin temple shooting 1k per shoot at max aspd. i was wondering how they manage to achieve that feat.

I don't think 1k per shoot at max aspd is hard, btw. I remembered something like.... 4 k double strafe spam on odin with only rental ballista + correct element as a hunter, not sniper. (rental weapon, you can get it from rental npc, bronze coin acquired from changing job normally through quest, and some eden board hunting quests, about 1-2 hours after making new char). The only issue as sniper starter is reaching 190 aspd.

Edited by kolela

18 minutes ago, yandrei said:

thanks, i kinda wish they put it the base stat then add plus to make things clear,

i was looking for blitzer guide, saw blitzer sniper on odin temple shooting 1k per shoot at max aspd. i was wondering how they manage to achieve that feat.

Blitz damage is based on a basic calc where INT counts far more than DEX. Are you implying that they were doing 1k per blitz? if so then 40 base INT will get you there (generic geared Sniper at 99), you could then aim for 99 AGI and go for that 190 ASPD. You will typically need buffs though to get 190 ASPD with some decent INT like that.

If you are referring to simply 1k hits at 190 ASPD then then is actually low, a very well geared (Artemis, Bris Ifrit x 2, Valk Helm, etc etc.) with all skills can get 190ASPD and if you go Crit build you can do 4k+ per hit streaming crit hits with bird also being activated (using ele arrows of course).

Hard to know what that person was using in there or their actual build. INT (with DEX/5) for Blitz Damage and LUK (every 3 LUK = +1%) for rate of blitz chance.

I used to solo crit lock some of the lower end MVP's on server years ago (would remove falcon though so that distance kill does not drag mob to you). Was insane fun. Also worked really well in certain Seals too.

Enjoy the server and best of luck with build/s.

/spank

19 minutes ago, Spankerman said:

Blitz damage is based on a basic calc where INT counts far more than DEX. Are you implying that they were doing 1k per blitz? if so then 40 base INT will get you there (generic geared Sniper at 99), you could then aim for 99 AGI and go for that 190 ASPD. You will typically need buffs though to get 190 ASPD with some decent INT like that.

If you are referring to simply 1k hits at 190 ASPD then then is actually low, a very well geared (Artemis, Bris Ifrit x 2, Valk Helm, etc etc.) with all skills can get 190ASPD and if you go Crit build you can do 4k+ per hit streaming crit hits with bird also being activated (using ele arrows of course).

Hard to know what that person was using in there or their actual build. INT (with DEX/5) for Blitz Damage and LUK (every 3 LUK = +1%) for rate of blitz chance.

I used to solo crit lock some of the lower end MVP's on server years ago (would remove falcon though so that distance kill does not drag mob to you). Was insane fun. Also worked really well in certain Seals too.

Enjoy the server and best of luck with build/s.

/spank

no, i mean they are doing 1k per arrow. i forgot about their blitz dmg as lots of dmg mix in the fray but its its clearly they are doing 1k per dmg per arrow.

but wow im suprise there can even get as high as 4k.
what card do they mostly use on artemist bow?

Edited by yandrei

23 minutes ago, yandrei said:

no, i mean they are doing 1k per arrow. i forgot about their blitz dmg as lots of dmg mix in the fray but its its clearly they are doing 1k per dmg per arrow.

but wow im suprise there can even get as high as 4k.
what card do they mostly use on artemist bow?

play with our calc, to see how they do it - this is what I made from top of my head - it means, that there are much better (more effective) builds - just check forums to see some - we have very nice gear progression guide  :)

https://calc.talonro.com/?_w43ChjEOwoAgEARfZcOhD8KMwqHCsDPCscObwoM7wpETGiXDhMOfCyTDvsOBw5lMdiweMnTDoCYDwqUZDjErfEkswqkNw6ABH8O2AkrCkC0rwq9+OR/CscORw6xOwozCoMOZCcKqWsKvSj06VMO1w5xqwqIRf8OhBQ

On 10/10/2018 at 11:31 PM, yandrei said:

It's not possible to share base + bonuses like that. There are far too many things that will affect the bonuses, like job level, equipment, buffs, etc. It's also only a suggestion, NOT an outline of what exactly you should do. You should never do that, you should find what works best for you and tweak as necessary.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mosjoandy said:

Did someone say, progression guide? :D

Good effort, but you've missed a LOT of possible builds. Your guide gives the impression that there are only a couple builds you can have as a Sniper, when in reality there are several ( and some purely 'fun' builds too ).

Of course I've missed ALL the other possible builds a sniper can have. The guide was based on what I did as a hunter->sniper.