Sign in to follow this  
Inko

Arrow Vulcan Clown

Whats the best weapon for an Offensive Clown(AV) for PvM ?

My clown has 150dex ///  100 int ///  98AGI // 185 ASPD but my damage with arrow vulcan is very low.

I tried ask for tips to some Clowns around prontera but almost all Clowns in this server are Supporter( bragi) and any of them could help me >.<

i remember.... ppl making Oriental Lute with 2 cards... in a regular server, they were 1 hitting raydric with it

raydrics are 26 or 28mil on regular servers.

so... yup

but i think arty bow is better using sniper, unless you really wana play clown on offensive builds.

/dizzy

Yeah i've also heard people seem to like 2s Oriental Lute, but I also prefer the 3s Chello for one simple reason: it pushes the monster back 3 tiles every time you hit them with AV.  It seems to help offset the long animation and delay for the skill.  I've had decent results with an uncarded one at anubis.  Still trying to decide how to card one though.  It's nice that it takes the element of the arrow so there's no need for endow.  It's one of those countless long term projects that I've never gotten around to. Haha.

Hope that helps,

Dorrin231

You wouldn't want to waste turtle general cards on them. Save those for sqi,  unless your rich lol

well the point of AV is to one shot something.  my knowledge of some RO stuff are old school style, as you can tell already.  :)

but both orental lute and Cello are great as long as you can 1 shot the monster you farming.

Thanks very much guys, you helped me a lot /no1

So i'm gonna farm some Chello(3), it's gonna be a bit hard to kill those Tatacho /heh

How should I card it? I'm not gonna buy Turtle general cards for it so whats the 2nd best option?

Thanks very much guys, you helped me a lot /no1

So i'm gonna farm some Chello(3), it's gonna be a bit hard to kill those Tatacho /heh

How should I card it? I'm not gonna buy Turtle general cards for it so whats the 2nd best option?

new world is easy....

Beast strafing = win

1 shot em tatachos!

tutorial, with tRO's access to str gear... oh god 80k dmg + for sure...

Card them with race or element card,

with gypsy, Rental whip does same damage as 3x carded ele card equivalent of chello

I play offensive Gypsy though, but here're my cents:

Arrow Vulcan's damage is reduced by DEF and monster's size (in Bard's case, 75% damage on small and large size), so take it into account while adding damage to 1-shot. I slot my overupped whip with 2 racial 1 size card, and regret nothing. With that said, I'd prefer Cello [3] to Oriental Lute [2]; extra slot (+20% damage for racial cards); extra stat (which boost a lot of stuffs) and unique pushback effect.

Also, combining Melody Strike is your key to 1-shot AV. With my Dex, 4 Throw Arrow equals 1 AV, and as TA has ASPD cooldown, it can take half the time AV need to kill. (AV cooldown is 3s due to locked animation). It hurts my finger in the long run, though.

As for stat, STR and LUK add small amounts of ATK too, and if you're soloing, bragi wouldn't really help, so maybe drop some INT.

I farm New World with SL and Prof, both can slow down incoming mobs. Not even IC, just hit and run.

I play offensive Gypsy though, but here're my cents:

Arrow Vulcan's damage is reduced by DEF and monster's size (in Bard's case, 75% damage on small and large size), so take it into account while adding damage to 1-shot. I slot my overupped whip with 2 racial 1 size card, and regret nothing. With that said, I'd prefer Cello [3] to Oriental Lute [2]; extra slot (+20% damage for racial cards); extra stat (which boost a lot of stuffs) and unique pushback effect.

Also, combining Melody Strike is your key to 1-shot AV. With my Dex, 4 Throw Arrow equals 1 AV, and as TA has ASPD cooldown, it can take half the time AV need to kill. (AV cooldown is 3s due to locked animation). It hurts my finger in the long run, though.

As for stat, STR and LUK add small amounts of ATK too, and if you're soloing, bragi wouldn't really help, so maybe drop some INT.

I farm New World with SL and Prof, both can slow down incoming mobs. Not even IC, just hit and run.

Thanks, you helped me alot, so i think i'm gonna buy some racial and size cards too /no1

I was thinking to insert 3x Zipper Bear cards(+90 atk) into the Chello[3], what do you think?

Grab some megs, go full strength, grab your armor piercing or amplifying dagger of choice and go nuts.

As his name suggest, that's just an alternative. Btw, no point in increasing STR, equip dagger and render Attention Concentrate useless. Dex-Vit build with Doppel-carded instruments/SQI is more practical.

As for choice of cards, use calc.talonro.com. A general rule is raw ATK cards lose to %ATK cards if the player's ATK is high enough. I'd save Zipper Bear card for classes with skills unaffected by %ATK. Some racial/element/size cards aren't that expensive anyway, and Arrow Vulcan is SP intensive enough.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this