Sign in to follow this  
Kellin Quinn

Blacksmith guide..

Can anyone help me ??? i started talonro which is my character is a merchant.. then i changed it into blacksmith and then i reach level 60... and i bought a two-handed axe ... an anyone help me where should i farm my level 60 blacksmith.. with a high loots to buy items?? coz its my main character i need to earn zeny.and can you please tell me what equipments should i wear ???... Fast reply please....thanks :D <3 :)

There's the most classic build for the path you took: http://wiki.talonro.com/Vampire+Whitesmith+Guide.

Buy equipment if you mean to transcend into Whitesmith.

There's also this leveling guide: http://wiki.talonro.com/Whitesmith+-+Introduction+and+Leveling+Guide But it's was writed for Whitesmith so you won't have all the skill suggested but most of the place will be fine for you. The best place IMO is ToyFactory, good chance to get piece of cake 2keach, Chiqita's Jewelry box worth 200-250k (0.3%). The good things there is that you will loot a lot of food: Well-baked cookie, candy and cane. That's mean a lot of sustain.

PS: Everything was found on TalonRO wiki, I suggest you to take a peek.

http://wiki.talonro.com/

get cart revolution - fill in your cart full (weight)

and go mob.. start with weak monsters (orc dung) and move towards tougher monsters (high orcs)

as for equipment - dont rush to buy expensive items.. use cheap ones first (npc gear)

think of a WS build and plan accordingly..

• Like 1

So what stas do i prefer ??

str will be main stat - because thats where your dmg comes from

dex is important for HIT - stronger monsters need higher hit (you can find this in any mob db as "hit 100%")

so your dex should be high enough to hit the desired monster - when you lvl up, your hit also increases..

so something like 30-40 total dex

and rest to str - should be something like 80-90 str around lvl 60

other stats - look at these later on, you dont really need it lower lvls

agi is also important - for attack speed and for flee

vit is for survivability..

if you are blacksmith already, high orc is pretty decent for starter :)

get a VVS two handed ice axe.

Or if you have access to endow sage, any axe of choice will do :)

just auto attack them high orcs, but slowly, 1 at a time. (agi, str, build)

if you want, you can also go mobbing build--but you will need to go (str, vit build)

:)

if you are blacksmith already, high orc is pretty decent for starter :)

get a VVS two handed ice axe.

Or if you have access to endow sage, any axe of choice will do :)

just auto attack them high orcs, but slowly, 1 at a time. (agi, str, build)

if you want, you can also go mobbing build--but you will need to go (str, vit build)

:)

what he really meant is " buy a Lozaki VVS  2-H Ice axe". huehuehuehuehuehue /heh

what he really meant is " buy a Lozaki VVS  2-H Ice axe". huehuehuehuehuehue /heh

huehuehueu NOT! lol i havent forge for like 3-4 weeks in case you havent noticed my vends around :D

I don't recommend high orcs because you will be spamming pots. Many people suggest them, but I don't think they are not the best monster for blacksmith. I like monsters that I can flee, so I usually put more into agi early on, so that I make more from drops than I spend on pots. I used only red pots until level 70 thanks to enough agi. I recommend at least 50, but slowly build up str, dex, and vit as well.

In my case, I prefer the toy factory for mid levels because myst cases give decent xp and the damage is manageable.

Sunken ship is great to mid sixties, so I recommend one of the first things to get is VVS wind axe like Lozaki's wind axe. It has served me well. Put points into dex early on, so you can hit whispers. In my case, I farmed the whisper tame item there to get whisper and trained it to loyal, so that I could get the +7 flee bonus. I also use the wolf's hat to add another +10 flee, so that alleviates the burden of buying pots as well. After all, blacksmiths are supposed to make money, not spend it. Also, poison spores frequently drop karvodailnirol. Hydras drop detrimindexta for making hair dye.

VVS wind is great because it also can be used for Comodo dungeon, thara frogs and hydras, and can later be used for Biblian. You can level in B4 on phens. Swordfish's magic attack is dangerous to blacksmiths because of their low int and marcs can be tough, so be careful in that area. But marine spheres drop chains which you can upgrade and put hydra cards in later. Phen cards and marc cards are also worth a pretty penny,

The second axe you will need is an epsilon. They can be expensive, but I got a 2 mil card drop and saved another mil from farming and selling hair dye and whatever people were rapidly buying (some guy was buying resins for 700 zeny each). I waited until the price dropped to 3 mil and bought it. The epsilon is good for sphinx, hunting matyrs and requiems. The pyramid is also good for hunting mummies and verits, also valuable card drops. I am still hoping to get an isis card drop for 30% shadow element reduction, but I haven't been so lucky. ; ;

Next, you'll want a VVS fire axe. I recently found that Einbech dungeon is a great place to level from the mid 70s to 80s. Toxic gas is a frequent drop here as well as steel and coal. Supposedly, you can sell toxic gas for 6,500 each, but I haven't sold any yet. The coal mine F3 is a good place to hunt skeleton workers and mysts. Again, you can use the epsilon or a fire axe is okay against skeleton workers. I got a great pickaxe drop from a skeleton worker which is the second best pickaxe to mine with. At this point, I started working on my mining skill, which should yield some good items later. There are also a lot of steel and coal drops there as well.

You can buy an ice axe to hunt in magma in the 80s. Kahos are fairly easy to kill and give massive xp. I usually avoid the other mobs, especially lava golems. You can also horde other people's drops that they leave lying around for the taking. Greed skill is useful here to pick up loot before being devoured by mobs like lava golem spawning on top of you.  

All in all, the epsilon has been my best weapon because it can be used in so many places. You can quick warp to Niflheim and cart rev ludes and hylozoists then tele back to Prontera, doctor up, and do it again. I got a lot of xp that way.

I don't have advice for the 90s because I just created my blacksmith on Talon RO a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I will be figuring that out as well. I will probably buy an earth axe next and go hunting! Good luck to you!

Edited by lonepaladin
  • Like 3

pots -> no - meat -> yes - meat is cheap and it weights next to nothing.

flee + mob -> no - your flee is shattered once you have 3+ monsters - quote from irowiki: "This also means that if you're attacked by more than 11 monsters at the same time, they will always hit you regardless of your Flee."

elements: once you have awesome axe, you can endow it using sage, the only "problem" is, that you cant switch to other weapon (you will loose the element) - epsilon is a bit different, since aspersio last just a little while - I think there is also rental version for BC.

Nice post! it is nice to see that ppl play chars they like and that they really enjoy it! /no1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, howrah said:

pots -> no - meat -> yes - meat is cheap and it weights next to nothing.

flee + mob -> no - your flee is shattered once you have 3+ monsters - quote from irowiki: "This also means that if you're attacked by more than 11 monsters at the same time, they will always hit you regardless of your Flee."

elements: once you have awesome axe, you can endow it using sage, the only "problem" is, that you cant switch to other weapon (you will loose the element) - epsilon is a bit different, since aspersio last just a little while - I think there is also rental version for BC.

Nice post! it is nice to see that ppl play chars they like and that they really enjoy it! /no1

Good point about the meat. I discovered meat and grape juice very late into the game after I already had transcended.

I was being too ambiguous, using the term 'mob' broadly to mean monster, as I have heard others say.  I meant that in my experience smiths do better with agi than vit in one on one battles or battles with a few monsters at time, since smiths do poorly as tanks compared to other jobs. The idea is kill the target quickly and move on to the next one while avoiding mobs. I corrected the passage above with the correct word.

Yes, that is the downside with aspersio. The rental light epsilon, another good suggestion.

I'd also like to add that it helps to have a heal slave. I used priest to help level my trans ws and vice versa and now have a 96 whitesmith and 99 high priest. I think having a priest on a second account is a must. :D

3 hours ago, Dre5k said:

So I have a lvl40 merch with a VVS fire axe, any good lvl location recommendations?

you can still level at Wolves and you can try Orc dungeon and/or the fields just outside Orc dungeon (with the Orc Ladies, just be careful with Orc Lord MVP). 

I'd still prefer the classic wolves and toy factory progression. You can as well go verits since it's Tamtam's there right now. Good loots, high exp. But prolly many players D:. Anyway, you could invest prolly 1 playing day each on those maps and see what suits you best. Good luck! :)