Sign in to follow this  
GM Eclipse

2015 Summer Cook-off!

Summer%20Cook-Off.png

Time frame: July 1- July 31

Judging/voting will be for one week after the event in order to give enough time to look over entries and vote. Winner will be announced shortly after.

Make food that you would serve at a summer outing with family and friends. Something that reminds you of summer and fun in the sun. It should be something that can be eaten at an outing where there might not be tables, and something that can stand to be sitting out for at least a little while (ie would last for the journey to the picnic grounds) without being ruined.

Please post your recipe, or instructions. Make sure the picture of the final product has your Character name, Forum name, and the date written on paper alongside the item, not edited in later.

• Entry must be TalonRO related. Please make the connection at least somewhat obvious.
  • Must be something that you would share with friends and family at a summer outing/picnic.
  • Must be something that will not melt/spoil when not refrigerated for a bit of time (ie as long as it would take to get to the picnic).
  • If cocktails are entered, there must also be a non-alcoholic version of them.

GMs will choose the winners based on how well the food fits the theme, and how clear and easy to follow the instructions are. GMs reserve the right to eliminate entries that do not meet the criteria.

All participants will receive a Cocktail bundle containing a variety of summer cocktails as well as some summer suits so they can chillax at their favorite beach. Additionally, three winners will receive a prize of Talon Coins, and will also get an adorable new summer themed pet: The Sea Otter!

Hp5bwGE.gif

Example Recipe: Tam-tam's Sweet potato Salad

Summer time means sharing food and fun with family and friends, and Tamtam wants to share his very own salad made from his favorite food: Sweet potatoes!

BmMcgAi.jpg

"Sweet potatoes are tasty and healthy for you! While you probably shouldn't eat raccoon leaves, the basil makes a yummy and pretty substitute!"

Ingredients:

3 large sweet potatoes (works best with Japanese (Satsuma imo) or Korean (Goguma) sweet potatoes)
1/2 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tbls olive oil

Directions

1. Wash the sweet potatoes well, and chop into 1 inch cubes. Slice the onion thinly. Preheat oven to 400F, or 200C.

1arUOjM.jpg

GvZ3YO4.jpg

2. In a bowl, toss together the sweet potato, onion and olive oil. When they're well coated with oil, mix in the black pepper and cinnamon.

IXIQTWE.jpg

3. Place a piece of parchment on a baking pan to prevent sticking, and lay out the sweet potato chunks evenly on the parchment. Roast in oven until tender, about 45 minutes.

KG5TIJT.jpg

4. Use scissors to cut basil leaves into small ribbons, then gently mix into the roasted potatoes.

KMAra7u.jpg

5. Share with friends! Bigfoot and Porings would love some, I bet!

Potential prizes:

1st - 15 TC, 5 Summer suits, Sea Otter pet, cocktail bundle

2nd - 10 TC, 5 Summer suits, Sea Otter pet, cocktail bundle

3rd - 5 TC, 5 Summer suits, Sea Otter pet, cocktail bundle

Consolation prizes: 5 Summer suits, cocktail bundle

All entries must be posted by midnight July 31, 2015, PST (GMT-8)

Countdown timer can be found here!

Edited to clarify rules.

Edited by GM Eclipse

Ooooow, can my girlfriend join in the cooking even tho she doenst play tRO? Or is that cheating xd?

• Like 1

lol can the entry be something home made, not something that can be brought to picnic ? lol 

i got tons of ideas what to make xD

I want me some  Tam-tam's Sweet potato Salad!

Good luck to all entries, I look forward to drooling over them! ^_^

Ooooow, can my girlfriend join in the cooking even tho she doenst play tRO? Or is that cheating xd?

It still needs to be TalonRO-related so I'd assume that you'd help with the process. Personally, I find it alright to ask for help from someone. But let's see what GM Eclipse and the rest say. :)

lol can the entry be something home made, not something that can be brought to picnic ? lol 

I suppose you can but remember that following the theme counts toward our judging so please do keep that in mind when making your entry. ;)

lol yes of course summer related theme <3

It's not cheating at all, as long as she's willing to help you with it! Not everyone can cook something on their own, but don't let her do all the work, okay? ;3

It should be something that can be taken out to a picnic/outing. I'll edit the post to clarify that a bit. :D

I want me some  Tam-tam's Sweet potato Salad!

I'd share but he and Lon-lon ate it all :(

What a wonderful summer event!!! Especially because it's accessible to more players rather than just the visual artists! Culinary arts ftw!!

And also you can't go wrong when it comes to food, we get to see people's delicious creations! /rice

lol *give up mode* *flips table* :P

i will just have all the Slushie and smooth for myself during the summer time. 

Muahahhahahah

• Like 1

Well, sadly, it's winter for me right now, but I'll try to come up with something! ;)

Well, sadly, it's winter for me right now, but I'll try to come up with something! ;)

Winter?, where you from O-o

Winter?, where you from O-o

Brasil. :)

But I guess, is winter in every country located in the south hemisphere. :x

i would guess Australia.

Im listening to music while watching your pickachus dancing, its hypnotic.

Oh my.. this does seem interesting. Though.. Most of my food has some spice to it~

Oh my.. this does seem interesting. Though.. Most of my food has some spice to it~

Spicy food is good too! :3

Kinda confused by the food must be TalonRO related, as in the food must have some reference to RO or inspired by in-game foods? like whaa?

Edited by DonairLobster

Kinda confused by the food must be TalonRO related, as in the food must have some reference to RO or inspired by in-game foods? like whaa?

Either/or will do. :)

My told me about the event and I was thinking of plated foods then I read thisand it says "It should be something that can be eaten at an outing where there might not be tables, and something that can stand to be sitting out for at least a little while (ie would last for the journey to the picnic grounds) without being ruined." 

Sad. :( Tons of grilled foods coming. Haha

IGN-Nella

The food that makes people lives near the sea feels very homesick. Unless, of course, they're eating this food at home.

Vit        : +2

Weight: 20

The Food that everyone has in their storage! The Famous Abbey Quest Food!

Assorted Seafood !

Tada_zps1vqxdyfs.jpg

Ingredients:-

8               Wraps

2              tblsp      Oil

1              kg           Fish, Chopped into small chunks (same size as prawn)

1              kg           Prawn, De-veined and skin removed (Chopped into chunks)

5                              Garlic (crushed)

1              tblsp      Chilli Flakes

a pinch of         Salt and Pepper

3              tblsp      Lemon Juice

1              tblsp      Chilli Powder

1                              Onion (blended)

Tartar sauce (or Mayonnaise with some tinge of lemon)

Lettuce, chopped fine.

-Toothpicks to hold

*Any extra sauces would be optional but taste awesome...*-*

Method:-

Step 1: Prawn

1. Pour in 2 tablespoon of Oil on a pan and sauté the garlic (not fry).

2. Throw in the chopped prawns.

3. Sprinkle the Chilli flakes and salt and pepper (to taste), in the pan and mix till prawn are well done.

Step 2: Fish

1. Marinade the fish with the lemon juice, blended chilli and some salt and pepper.

2. Pour in 2 tablespoon of Oil on a pan and sauté the blended onion (not fry).

3. Throw in the chopped fish and cook till the fish is well done.

Step 3: Combine!

1. Lay on your Wraps on the table.

2. Spread your tartar sauce on the wraps across.

3. Arrange your prawns and fish.

*I like to add some other sauce here..for extra flavouring.....

4. Place your lettuce in line.

5. And close your wraps!

*Wraps don’t usually close...so you need your toothpick here to hold them together.

And your wraps are ready to be served, anywhere in the Prontera garden, Payon cave or Jawaii beach!

ops_zps58db52nn.jpg

Edited by ATypicalNala
  • Like 5

I'd like to try that with either (or all):

- Mayonaisse and Ketchup sauce with a bit (one or 2 drops) of tabasco. We call it "salsa rosa" here.

- Grilled squid (add it, or instead the fish).

- Carrot, thinly (and I mean, very thinly) sliced. We call it "juliana" style here, not sure the word in english.

To be honest, those wraps with some lemonade or beer can make for a good summer meal. And the plus: they are easy to make, and feasible.

I'm not sure what will others submit, but IMO, food like this, that anyone can make at home, gets a lot of pluses.

Edited by azurhialine
  • Like 2